Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Here's hoping we don't go 2 nil up after 20 minutes... Far too early in the game to feel safe as a Saints fan! #scartissue

I'd take that though with humongous bells on.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

I'd take that though with humongous bells on.

Yeah, I would too of course...was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.... but I've seen Saints throw away too many leads over the last few years to feel comfortable at 2-0 up in the first half :)

Edited by trousers

They're just too good. Norwich fluffed their lines in the first game, going into this with a slight advantage would have changed Leeds mentality - but it's done.

Will be interesting to see how Norwich react next season, third year out of the prem - could be a struggle for them to compete top end.

Posted (edited)

Amazing what can be achieved when you keep going at the opposition after taking a lead rather than taking one's foot off the pedal...

Edited by trousers
  • Like 4

Amazing what can be achieved when you keep going at the opposition after taking a lead rather than taking one's foot off the pedal...

Yeah hope that is being noted by Mr Martin !!

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

Does help when your opponent decides to just self-destruct and play like twats, though.

Direct attacking football. I just hope we don't come out tomorrow and pass it around at the back for the first 5 minutes and dampen the crowd.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

They're just too good. Norwich fluffed their lines in the first game, going into this with a slight advantage would have changed Leeds mentality - but it's done.

Will be interesting to see how Norwich react next season, third year out of the prem - could be a struggle for them to compete top end.

Especially if they lose players like Sara and Sargent. (I'd take both personally!)

1 minute ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Important to remember that the final, if we make it won’t be played at  Elland Road. 

That's a shame, we beat them 2-1 at Elland Road 😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Especially if they lose players like Sara and Sargent. (I'd take both personally!)

Rowe has looked great this season too, would take him and Sara if we don't go up

9 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Rowe has looked great this season too, would take him and Sara if we don't go up

Rowe started well but has been pretty poor since January by all accounts. Sounds like he has a big attitude problem. 

8 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Rowe started well but has been pretty poor since January by all accounts. Sounds like he has a big attitude problem. 

Has been playing with injuries, apparently. Saw the Norwich reporters tonight saying they've stuck him out there tonight but nowhere near 100%

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, trousers said:

A few non-career threatening injuries to Leeds players wouldn't go amiss now...

Leave Archie Gray alone though 😀

my lad plays with his youngest brother, they’re a really nice family, Archie is going to be a top play if he carries on like he is, the middle brother Harry is a class player too he’s about 15 and they reckon he’s even better than Archie was at the same age. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, trousers said:

A few non-career threatening injuries to Leeds players wouldn't go amiss now...

Not really. Rather win tomorrow, and beat their best team at Wembley. Can’t see either happening if I’m honest.

So one side. They’ve got four sides of the ground jumping up and down, singing and waving scarves above their heads. We’ll have a bit of polite applause with the northam bantaclauses singing songs about being a small town in wolves 

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So one side. They’ve got four sides of the ground jumping up and down, singing and waving scarves above their heads. We’ll have a bit of polite applause with the northam bantaclauses singing songs about being a small town in wolves 

Yeah but we’ve got a Northam kop now mush. That. Solves. Everything. 

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You’ve really fallen in love with these Yorkshiremen haven’t you?

1 minute ago, whelk said:

You’ve really fallen in love with these Yorkshiremen haven’t you?

They do my head in but can’t deny Elland Road on a good day is a cracking atmosphere 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

He had two goals and an assist in 4 January games against Saints, West Brom, Hull and Leeds.

He picked up a hamstring injury and was out from the start of Feb to mid April.

3 minutes ago, Micky said:

That result probably looks a lot better than it was. Two gifts from Gunn and some woeful defending handed goals to Leeds.

It didn’t Norwich were shit and never in it.

How come Leeds didn't give Norwich a few chances by giving up possession in their own half?

They didn't really give Norwich a sniff tonight which meant Norwich didn't get any confidence or momentum after a couple of Gunn howlers. Leeds dominated. Unfortunately, we'll give West Brom a few chances through our own faults tomorrow, but we've got to do the same as Leeds did tonight given we're the strong favourites also.

6 minutes ago, Micky said:

That result probably looks a lot better than it was. Two gifts from Gunn and some woeful defending handed goals to Leeds.

Leeds absolutely battered them. They pressed Norwich into the mistakes and were rewarded for it. 

6 minutes ago, warsash saint said:

F**k me, we have some pussies on this forum.... Never changes.  The most miserable bunch of negatives budgies!!

Stop moaning FFS!

40 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I’m sure you can rally your DEF for tomorrow night.

And I’m getting two (not one, but two) foam hands down from the roof space   especially for the occasion