Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

What a great game that was, much better than the dross we've been putting out. Both teams playing with intent and pace.

Puts everything to the last game now, the door has slightly opened ajar again for Leeds. Hull needed a win really, that's them done.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Hmm. Ipswich gonna need 4 pts after this because Leeds have us and a superior GD.

Ipswich will do Huddersfield at home, they’ll just need a point Vs. Cov. If they beat Coventry however, their automatic promotion is inevitable.

Bonus if we get Norwich in the play-offs too. WBA could do us a favour and take out Leeds 👀👀

1 hour ago, Jack said:

Ipswich are everything we aren’t at the moment. Bottle, graft, up for it 

16 minutes ago, chownie20 said:

They're playing for auto promotion,  not dead rubbers ahead of playoffs. 

They're playing for auto promotion because all season they've had bottle, graft, and being up for it.

• Like 7

Much rather watch games like Hull Ipswich than the drab walking/crab football we've produced for long parts of the season. Two sides going hammer and tong for the win, no quarter asked or given, energy, positivity and yes Russ plenty of bravery. That was a good advert for the Championship.

• Like 6

Ipswich now need 4 points from two games against team with nothing to play for, one of them already relegated. Bearing in mind a Leeds win is virtually guarenteed next saturday they are under pressure to get a result at Cov on tuesday night. Lose that and they might miss out on goal difference. 

24 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

They're playing for auto promotion because all season they've had bottle, graft, and being up for it.

Really? Some of the posters on here said they’re gonna drop off any day now because they can’t see them doing it all season or something.

So bloody annoying yet again that it’s been a weekend of promotion chasing teams dropping points and we’re nowhere to be seen when it comes to taking advantage. 

21 hours ago, HKsaint said:

Which team (Ipswich or Leeds) do you want to play against in the playoffs? I think we still have a say, right?!

I've said it all season, Leeds have the best attack in the Championship. Summerville, Gnonto, Rutter, Piroe (occasionally), Bamford, Antony, James... Ok they didn't show it at QPR the other night but that attack is, for the most part formidable. There are question marks over their defence but otherwise they should be getting promoted one way or another. Ipswich play well as a team with a few decent players that have played out of their skin this season, and they've beaten us twice, but I'd rather be playing Ipswich in the POff final. I'd be surprised if Ipswich completely bottled autos though even though they drew tonight - they need 4 points from 6 and have Coventry (who have nothing to play for) and relegated Huddersfield left.

Not that I can see us getting past the semis with the shambles we are at the moment.

Interestingly it seems WBA could miss out on the play-offs completely despite being shoe ins a few games ago.

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Everton the turd that just won't flush! Even after being deducted 8 points and losing lots of games, they're still not getting relegated. Jammy bastards.

Season after season they seem to survive by the skin of their teeth - OK it was more comfortable this season but then you have a dross bottom 4. Dyche was absolutely the right appointment for them at the time - I still think he'd have been a good appointment for us instead of Nathan Jones last season but there you go.

5 hours ago, GDog07 said:

Ipswich will do Huddersfield at home, they’ll just need a point Vs. Cov. If they beat Coventry however, their automatic promotion is inevitable.

Bonus if we get Norwich in the play-offs too. WBA could do us a favour and take out Leeds 👀👀

I'd rather play WBA if I'm honest. Don't think we would beat Norwich on current form.

Edited by Harry_SFC

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

why?

Football is a polarising sport, it can bring out the very best in people, and the very worst.  That said,  you would hope that your own worst doesn't get anywhere near to this idiots sickening actions. Clubs should root these people out and ban them. 

• Like 3

What do we want tonight then - who fancies Leeds coming into the playoffs with us (i.e. almost certainly what would happen if Ipswich win tonight), and who'd prefer that there was still a chance that Ipswich end up in the playoffs? (i.e. would prefer them to lose tonight) 

On 28/04/2024 at 16:35, Lighthouse said:

Just to be clear, you're saying that wasn't a penalty for Spurs?

I as thinking more of the offside guesswork. It’s just not accurate enough for that.

Not the clearest penalty you’ll ever see. Could have gone either way.

12 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

What do we want tonight then - who fancies Leeds coming into the playoffs with us (i.e. almost certainly what would happen if Ipswich win tonight), and who'd prefer that there was still a chance that Ipswich end up in the playoffs? (i.e. would prefer them to lose tonight) 

Leeds in as bad a form as they have been since the first games of the season.

It wouldn’t at all surprise me if Leeds and Southampton both went on to lose their play-off semi’s, the ultimate irony.

4 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Fair play to Ipswich, they've deserved it.

Now the Leeds game is a true dead rubber, makes sense to rest a few players and only focus on the playoff game.

They have only played 26 minutes jumping gun a bit

19 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I as thinking more of the offside guesswork. It’s just not accurate enough for that.

Not the clearest penalty you’ll ever see. Could have gone either way.

Well, you could argue he got A ball but not THE ball.

IMG_0355.webp

53 minutes ago, sandwichsaint said:

Keifor?Moore, what a waste of money, load of rubbish etc etc

Much rather have Brooks and Kleber Chala.

We got the wrong cherry/cherries.

Goals since Moore joined Ipswich:

Moore: 7

Che Adams: 9

We didnt need Kieffer Moore.

"Ipswich need one point! Leeds United need a miracle."

If not a miracle, an underperforming Saints team might help them a bit. 🙂

Replacement ref didn't give anything for players falling over. So, a good flowing game. Two very tire teams, with Ipswich carrying some knocks, at the end. But they wanted it forward all the time. Quite controlled about it too. It pushed Coventry back, and made them make some errors in their own box, while on the back foot.

You know what. I’m actually buzzing that Ipswich are gonna do it. Probably worse for saints, because I think they would be the easier team to play in the playoff final if we get there. 

But I’m glad they’re getting autos. They deserve it and what a journey for them. Just wish our players would show as much fight as them. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

You know what. I’m actually buzzing that Ipswich are gonna do it. Probably worse for saints, because I think they would be the easier team to play in the playoff final if we get there. 

But I’m glad they’re getting autos. They deserve it and what a journey for them. Just wish our players would show as much fight as them. 

Were we the last team to get automatic promotion two years in a row from league one to the premier league?