Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

5 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Ipswich up over Leicester please. Leicester are in real trouble if they don't go up and Ipswich in the Prem will just be fun. In the play off final even with Baz and Stu I back us to beat anyone in a one off game bar Leeds.

Of the top 3 I would fancy us to beat Ipswich more than the other two.

Noticed that Farke felt his side were too open. So, he shut play down for the opening spell. Forcing 'Boro to try and break them down. Then, catching them on a counter. It was created and finished very well. But they weren't keeping the same shape, allowing their opponents in, to get the chance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Noticed that Farke felt his side were too open. So, he shut play down for the opening spell. Forcing 'Boro to try and break them down. Then, catching them on a counter. It was created and finished very well. But they weren't keeping the same shape, allowing their opponents in, to get the chance.

You mean he doesn’t have a philosophy where he changed nothing, finally reacts to Boros equaliser by making like for like substitutes when they’ve already been allowed back into the game handing them the momentum and losing to a late goal? How can this be?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Of the top 3 I would fancy us to beat Ipswich more than the other two.

Agree, Leeds and Leicester have the big names that would show up in a Wembley final, and get decisions from the ref 

Leeds have played a backs against the wall defence for the second half. They were able to score a 4th on almost their only break, but Middlesborough keep getting in behind them. Fraser, Smallbone, Arma & Adams have all been successful with similar moves this season. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet against Leeds though.

16 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You mean he doesn’t have a philosophy where he changed nothing, finally reacts to Boros equaliser by making like for like substitutes when they’ve already been allowed back into the game handing them the momentum and losing to a late goal? How can this be?

I know a few Leeds fans who moan he doesn't have a plan B.

Apart from the odd few clubs it seems fans of most teams are complaining about stuff.

Plenty of other clubs would look at us and think we are decent but reading here you would think we're 15th or something.

Lots of football fans are so unnecessarily negative about their own team.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I know a few Leeds fans who moan he doesn't have a plan B.

Apart from the odd few clubs it seems fans of most teams are complaining about stuff.

Plenty of other clubs would look at us and think we are decent but reading here you would think we're 15th or something.

Lots of football fans are so unnecessarily negative about their own team.

Martin has a plan b. Unfortunately playing Jack Stephens where he could was worse than plan A so he returned to it

• Haha 1

Just now, Turkish said:

Martin has a plan b. Unfortunately playing Jack Stephens where he could was worse than plan A so he returned to it

That would be the plan which worked brilliantly away to West Brom and Ipswich?

14 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Defensively Leeds are pish, a bit like us. Would love to see us deny them automatic in the final game and then do them at Wembley

Please no I just cannot cope with being stuffed each week in the PL

Lets build a team with some decent players like we did when we got promoted to the old League 1 where we were competive after promotion.

23 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

That would be the plan which worked brilliantly away to West Brom and Ipswich?

Ipswich where we lost? Yeah worked fucking brilliantly 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, John B said:

Please no I just cannot cope with being stuffed each week in the PL

Lets build a team with some decent players like we did when we got promoted to the old League 1 where we were competive after promotion.

We have far different owners these days, unfortunately.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Something RM doesn't do.

1 hour ago, John B said:

Let’s build a team with some decent players like we did when we got promoted to the old League 1 where we were competive after promotion.

Those days are in the past.

I reckon we’ll still attract promotion-capable players, but we will lose many influential players this summer if we do not got up, it will only get more difficult the longer we are in this league.

1 hour ago, woodsaint1 said:

Defensively Leeds are pish, a bit like us. Would love to see us deny them automatic in the final game and then do them at Wembley

Will certainly be 'interesting' if, when we play Leeds in the last game, the result determines who ends up in the playoffs out of them and Ipswich.... Could we envisage a scenario whereby we'd rather see Ipswich than Leeds in the playoffs and therefore 'let' Leeds beat us...? (Caveat: there's a good chance Leeds will beat us anyway, even if we went for it) 

#ponderingoutloud

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

Love how so many want Ipswich in the playoffs. A team who has beaten us twice already.

They beat us 1-0 during a month when we were utterly woeful and other teams were beating us much more convincingly and then they beat us back at their place with two late goals in a game we dominated for an hour... #context

And it's not that we want to play them in the playoffs, per se, rather the hope is that they get Norwich in the first game.

I'd much rather the two 'big' clubs were out of the way as I reckon we'd stand more chance against Ipswich if we both made it through to the final. 

Edited by trousers

19 hours ago, East Kent Saint said:

The replay showed that the defender took out the attacker without touching the ball so total failure of VAR and Ref .

Yeah and only Forest get shit decisions? The football club accusing a ref of being corrupt should be dealt with - irrelevant if you think the decision was poor. Hope they go down and that fat bastard owner loses money

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

Love how so many want Ipswich in the playoffs. A team who has beaten us twice already.

Ipswich we lost twice

WBA we won twice

Norwich we drew twice

These patterns rarely continue 

19 hours ago, trousers said:

Will certainly be 'interesting' if, when we play Leeds in the last game, the result determines who ends up in the playoffs out of them and Ipswich.... Could we envisage a scenario whereby we'd rather see Ipswich than Leeds in the playoffs and therefore 'let' Leeds beat us...? (Caveat: there's a good chance Leeds will beat us anyway, even if we went for it) 

#ponderingoutloud

image.gif.f21fa876c2003f1fb8cfb41fe593a273.gif

So basically if we beat Stoke 6-0 tomorrow, we just need Ipswich to lose all their games, and we beat Leeds by 6 goals and we finish second?

It's not technically impossible 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

And what's interesting watching this QPR/Leeds game is how quickly the Leeds players (Gnonto especially) go down as if they'd been shot at the slightest touch. Don't think they're anything to be scared off if we have to play them in the play-offs. 

I think it is in their dirty Leeds dna.  I watched them play Preston at home. They got a last minute penalty,  from a ricochet onto an arm, that weeks hand ball interpretation.  At the same time, frothy coffee banford, went down like he had been shot. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

So basically if we beat Stoke 6-0 tomorrow, we just need Ipswich to lose all their games, and we beat Leeds by 6 goals and we finish second?

It's not technically impossible 😂

It’s even easier than that. Beat Stoke 6-0 and if Ipswich don’t get more than a draw we might only need to beat Leeds 5-0 😳