Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

‘Being linked with’ just meant some random guy posted about it on Twitter one time and people started getting excited on here as if that somehow constituted plausible information.

True. I miss those days

19 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Funny as fuck watching Liverpool and Arsenal choke. 

Leicester, Leeds and Ipswich would be a fucking sight funnier than fuck though. 

(funnier as fuck to the nth factorial springs to mind). 

• Like 2

Looks like another Man City procession then. The PL has been such terrible quality this year, when you've had Forest docked 4 pts and Everton 8...and they're still not in the bottom 3 after losing most weeks, that tells you the quality up there!

• Like 1

I genuinely want City to win it and avoid any kind of financial penalty. All the Chelseas, Arsenals and Liverpools of this world have been more than happy to chuck billions at their squads that 95% of clubs can’t possibly compete with, they can swallow their own medicine as far as I’m concerned.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

Cole Palmer... perfect hattrick tonight. A player on fire.

Chances of Southgate not taking him this summer are...

He’ll take him……he just won’t pick him save for a couple of 10 min cameos off the bench.

2 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

He’ll take him……he just won’t pick him save for a couple of 10 min cameos off the bench.

When you look at the options we have in attack, it's pretty frightening really. He's going to have to manage this lot right.

Palmer, Kane, Foden, Watkins, Saka - someone is going to have to miss out!

Rice and Bellingham should be the two in CM.

It's at the back we have problems, the drop off in quality is stark.

11 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

When you look at the options we have in attack, it's pretty frightening really. He's going to have to manage this lot right.

Palmer, Kane, Foden, Watkins, Saka - someone is going to have to miss out!

Rice and Bellingham should be the two in CM.

It's at the back we have problems, the drop off in quality is stark.

Don’t forget Henderson, you can be sure Southgate won’t !

• Haha 1

Watching Man City last night, maybe not in the same scale but it was like watching us sometimes, all show and no pony. They just wanted to walk it into the net and then look what happened. The better team by miles counted for nothing. 

3 hours ago, Noodles34 said:

Watching Man City last night, maybe not in the same scale but it was like watching us sometimes, all show and no pony. They just wanted to walk it into the net and then look what happened. The better team by miles counted for nothing. 

i dont care much for the champions league these days but i do like watching the big games and i enjoy watching City. Completely agree, they were the better team over both legs by some distance but time after time they wanted to pass it one time to many. Also Haaland gets exposed in the big games, im yet to see him really perform against a top club where he's closely marked. It's alright scoring a hatrick against cannon fodder but he's not really been a game changer for them in games like last night where they needed a goal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, saintant said:

It looked to me like Silva was trying the old penalty kick straight down the middle routine and maybe the keeper was expecting it because he just stood there and caught it.

yeah and he looked like a proper dick, as you do when you try those things. which is a shame as a i live Silva a lot, quality player. Penalty shoot out just pick a spot and smash it, no keepers saving it it you hit it well enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

yeah and he looked like a proper dick, as you do when you try those things. which is a shame as a i live Silva a lot, quality player. Penalty shoot out just pick a spot and smash it, no keepers saving it it you hit it well enough.

We've been lucky enough to have some of the best. Le Tiss and Lambert never hit it down the middle they just placed it with power.

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If you’re going to not score, make the keeper produce a decent save. That way people will say the keeper saved it, not you missed it. 

Or do the Che Adams and become the keeper and handle it yourself. 

28 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Tella and JWP starting tonight , meanwhile Villa now losing 3-2 on agg 2-0 on the night (as they say )

Think of the poor PL teams and the coefficient that is falling every time the English teams play in Europe. Greatest league in the world. 

1 hour ago, East Kent Saint said:

Tella and JWP starting tonight , meanwhile Villa now losing 3-2 on agg 2-0 on the night (as they say )

we dont buy success we sell it

• Like 2

11 hours ago, saintant said:

We've been lucky enough to have some of the best. Le Tiss and Lambert never hit it down the middle they just placed it with power.

Beattie was also pretty good and did the same. Didn’t mess about with it, hit it hard and in one of the corners, i don’t remember him ever missing one for us either. Fair enough if the keeper guesses right and makes a great save much better than a looking like a dick and trying to be clever 

• Like 3

Interesting that the Villa keeper Martinez got a 2nd yellow card in the penalty shootout against Lille, having received one during the game.  But he didn't get a red because apparently, cards during the game do not carry forward into a shootout.  I never knew that was a rule.

21 minutes ago, mikec said:

Interesting that the Villa keeper Martinez got a 2nd yellow card in the penalty shootout against Lille, having received one during the game.  But he didn't get a red because apparently, cards during the game do not carry forward into a shootout.  I never knew that was a rule.

Nope. That's new to me. Thanks for sharing that.

On 19/04/2024 at 13:08, East Kent Saint said:

Apparently although on BBC commentry they said it was a red then gave a story that the Ref was only threatening a second yellow so it wasn't a red before the true story came out !

The BBC don’t broadcast facts - fact! 😁

• Haha 1