Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

Yeah you're right but it just goes to show that a goal here or there can be crucial. 

Absolutely. Fine margins. Equally, what about our late winners at Hull and Plymouth? Our position is only infuriating if you let it be so. Football is just footballing, we're not out of it yet but we're certainly a very unlikely automatic promotion candidate out of the four teams.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

My grandson tells me that none of the top three sides has won more than one game in their last 8 fixtures. That's last 8 for each team.

Ipswich are the form team in the league so he's wrong about that one. As for the other two, form over the last 5 games has them both firmly in the bottom half (we're 8th).

Even over the last 10 games Leeds are only 6th and Leicester are actually 20th.

Screenshot_20240413-143835.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coalman said:

Farke, when Norwich Manager, did indeed not have a plan B. He didn;t even muck about as much as Martin within Plan A. They had 2 good attacking full backs and launched pretty much every attack from there. Even when other teams caught on. Even with an iffy central midfield. And it worked twice for him in the Championship. Especially first time round, when it was new. When we played Liverpool, and they hunted our passing around the box in packs. That's what teams were doing to Norwich in the end.

Leeds play an open enough game, following Farke's philosophies that I fancy our chances against them every game.

I never thought I would see even more miserable people on a forum than in here. Jeez get over to Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich… ha ha 

Saying this the top 6 are pretty poor, with only us and Norwich winning. 

The playoffs you might as well toss a coin. 🪙 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Doctoroncall said:

the arm which was beside his torso when the ball hit it from a metre away.

Yeah, I'm not saying I agree with the decision, just pondering if that's the reason why the penalty was given. (The perils of being the forum's designated "fence-sitter" you see... ;) )

Edited by trousers

17 hours ago, Dr Who? said:

I never thought I would see even more miserable people on a forum than in here. Jeez get over to Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich… ha ha 

Saying this the top 6 are pretty poor, with only us and Norwich winning. 

The playoffs you might as well toss a coin. 🪙 

Yeah totally agree all of the top 6 are flawed. All their forums sound like Saintsweb, . The current 6 would all struggle in the Premier League.

waste of time saying “ what if we’d beaten “ again all top 6 clubs could say that . Whether we are promoted or stay in the EPL the big deal is how Sports Republic react to it. They have said if we get promoted they have no intention of spending the whole season near the relegation area.

ive been accused of being a cheerleader for SR but havnt heard anything for ages. I like RM but I would not be at all be surprised if he is replaced next season. They did similar at Göztepe. 
seriously we have fans pointing out our last goal was a handball. I don’t reckon it was who gives a fvck it counted.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, manji said:

Yeah totally agree all of the top 6 are flawed. All their forums sound like Saintsweb, . The current 6 would all struggle in the Premier League.

waste of time saying “ what if we’d beaten “ again all top 6 clubs could say that . Whether we are promoted or stay in the EPL the big deal is how Sports Republic react to it. They have said if we get promoted they have no intention of spending the whole season near the relegation area.

ive been accused of being a cheerleader for SR but havnt heard anything for ages. I like RM but I would not be at all be surprised if he is replaced next season. They did similar at Göztepe. 
seriously we have fans pointing out our last goal was a handball. I don’t reckon it was who gives a fvck it counted.

I’ve watched it a few times this morning and it’s inconclusive. I think it comes off Downes’s chest but the goal is in the record books now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trousers said:

Yeah, I'm not saying I agree with the decision, just pondering if that's the reason why the penalty was given. (The perils of being the forum's designated "fence-sitter" you see... ;) )

I guess what they've seen from that is that he moves his position towards the ball, with his arm. Probably a somewhat natural/automatic body movement, but it gave the referee a decision to make and he probably shouldn't have gone to ground like that.

I've seen much worse pens given than that.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

I guess what they've seen from that is that he moves his position towards the ball, with his arm. Probably a somewhat natural/automatic body movement, but it gave the referee a decision to make and he probably shouldn't have gone to ground like that.

I've seen much worse pens given than that.

Indeed. Even before the latest rulings that would more likely than not have been given as a handball.

1 hour ago, manji said:

If we go up I think RM will stay, and I think if we do not he might leave anyway to manage in the premier league. Nothing in football surprises me and the way he sets up to play is the correct way and how the majority play in the premier league, so he will get noticed, and if he has the top flight players he will probably do ok. 

• Haha 1

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

Shocking how bad the likes of Spurs, Liverpool and Man United look. So disorganized looking. Many players overplaying the ball. Standard of the EPL has been rather poor overall this year. 

It's tough to watch other teams, once you've watched the clinical control of RussBall. 🙂

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, coalman said:

Remember when we were being linked with players like Watkins? 😢 

Wasn’t that when he might have been available for £2m from Exeter ? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

And managers like Emery. 😢 

Were we ever linked with him ? Other than someone on here perhaps just posting his name . 

The last ‘big’ European name I recall was Tuchel after Puel. 

15 minutes ago, coalman said:

Remember when we were being linked with players like Watkins? 😢 

‘Being linked with’ just meant some random guy posted about it on Twitter one time and people started getting excited on here as if that somehow constituted plausible information.