Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

5 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Lots of possession for Leicester. Didn't create enough from it. Got caught with a nice crisp move. They didn't manage to create much for a lot of the second half. Plymouth were tiring and didn't hold onto it. Leicester had a couple of very good chances, and all of the ball. But couldn't get the goal. 17 mins for Vardy to get a touch, the 'tator said.

Leicester have a lot of decent players, but not clicking for them for a little while now. I'd still like to avoid them if they did finish 3rd, although their confidence would be dented.

You could quite easily substitute the word Leicester for saints

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jimmy_D said:

Still worth keeping half an eye on the automatic places after that. Still massively unlikely, but certainly feels Leicester at least are still catchable.

Those four dropped points v Boro & Blackburn so so costly…

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

There'll be identical comments on here if we lose to Watford tomorrow, so it's perhaps best not to gloat too much.

No one will be calling Martin a bald cunt

• Haha 3

This one from their post match comments ring true to here?

"He can **** off. ****ing shite.

Absolute embarrassment. Didn't think I could hate a manager as much as Brendan /NathanJones but this is getting close. At least he's a nicer bloke."

2 hours ago, whelk said:

No one will be calling Martin a bald cunt

Perhaps Smallbone has a copyright on that particular label on here 

Edited by Badger

3 hours ago, trousers said:

So, just to summarise....95% of football fans are irrational and fickle, and 5% have a superiority complex and tend to mock and sneer at the other 95%. Gotcha 👍😉

Nail on head. I'm so irrational at times I won't even look at match threads on here and pretend I don't care what happens. I've even been known to go out on my bike during important games. God knows what I'll do if we get to Wembley or in the unlikely event we have to beat Leeds in that final game to go up automatically. I suspect the sneery stuff is a coping strategy more than anything else. Most like to rant, a few don't. My view is neither solves nor changes anything, its just a rollercoaster ride. I am less reactive than I used to be. Can well remember losing to Watford 7-1 in the League Cup in 1980 after being 4-0 up after the first leg. Didn't react well to that. Just no SWF then.

Edited by Winnersaint

1 hour ago, Winnersaint said:

Can well remember losing to Watford 7-1 in the League Cup in 1980 after being 4-0 up after the first leg. Didn't react well to that. Just no SWF then.

No SWF then and no internet. I was in Paris then and found out that result the next morning whilst opening a copy of the Dauly Mirror in a newsagent stall. How times have changed!!! 

Just now, Turkish said:

A draw at 4.55 will bring us back to reality 

I can see Ipswich losing and us winning. Then a few days of wild optimism followed by crashing to earth on Tuesday.

• Haha 1

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

Now the top 3 are choking our fuckups vs Boro and Ipswich hurt so much more. We could have been right in it! Faaaak!

But they were our examples of choking! Would'a, could'a, should'a.

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

How costly do those injury time goals against Ipswich, Watford and Middlesbrough look now

Plenty of injury time goals going our way as well this season. Kept our 25 game unbeaten run going.

• Like 1

I actually did the championship predictor last night (I know, I know) I had us going into the final day in 2nd place 1 point behind Leeds. 

Can't remember all the results but I know I had Leeds beating Blackburn today.

Just now, Jimmy_D said:

Plenty of injury time goals going our way as well this season. Kept our 25 game unbeaten run going.

Loser logic. Teams that win things score late winners they don’t concede them

why do you think Fergie time was called that? It wasn’t because some times they let in late goals that cost them titles 

• Haha 4