Joe Aribo

Suhari

2 minutes ago, saintant said:

This guy absolutely oozed class today. That was a top performance epitomised by his hand in Fraser's second goal. My MoM and if he carries on playing like that he'll be one of the first names on the team sheet. 

Yep. Another excellent performance. Liking it.

31 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Ever since he cut his hair, he has played better. Perhaps he can now see what he's doing. When asked about his A-r-i-bo chant today, he said it's the first time he's heard it! He's evidently taken the cotton wool out of his ears as well! No wonder he's playing so well now 😀

Corn rows covering baldiness cannot ever be a good look.

Keep it shaved, keep on improving, sunshine.

I’m so so impressed with arribo atm. Fantastic again yesterday great blend of power and technical ability I think he’s gonna be a key key player for us in the run in ..

Got me thinking I think our best eleven at the moment probably is with him or alcaraz as a false 9 arribo played here for rangers too .. arribo alcaraz and stuey just all need to be starting right now for me .. they give us so much creativity in the middle 

6 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

I’m so so impressed with arribo atm. Fantastic again yesterday great blend of power and technical ability I think he’s gonna be a key key player for us in the run in ..

Got me thinking I think our best eleven at the moment probably is with him or alcaraz as a false 9 arribo played here for rangers too .. arribo alcaraz and stuey just all need to be starting right now for me .. they give us so much creativity in the middle 

We need someone to play as a ‘false Aribo’ whilst he’s away at the AFCON.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Was really good off the bench yesterday and clear RM trusts him because he is strong on the ball and makes good decisions.

Once Downes is back I think him and Smallbone are competing for a place in the first choice XI.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

His style of touch, control and poise on the ball remind me a bit of De Ridder for some reason. Excellent performance from the bench yesterday.

Really? Steve De Ridder just ran very fast directly down the wing, Aribo has much more about him

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Really? Steve De Ridder just ran very fast directly down the wing, Aribo has much more about him

I wasn’t referring to their style of play or ability, just very specifically their body language on the ball.

• Confused 3

He’s been terrific this season . Big shout out to Martin for bringing him back from the cold..

another great thing with arribo is he seems ultra versatile where he can play too,AM,Cm even up front like he did with rangers.at the moment he’s been so good I think we need to find a starting spot for him but russ does seem to see smallbone as a locked in starter 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal
  • Like 1

Another maligned player by the geniuses on the first page, some familiar fans with their wonderful player judgments, so glad we have thier valuable insite. 😵💫

Again, last years new players are not the shite some think they were. We were a team with no direction, style, confidence or togetherness. Now with a solid team effort we can see the quailty the new playes posses. We can rely on the clubs judgment of a good player, and give the player the time to show why the club track and pay millions for these tallented footballers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

Another maligned player by the geniuses on the first page, some familiar fans with their wonderful player judgments, so glad we have thier valuable insite. 😵💫

Again, last years new players are not the shite some think they were. We were a team with no direction, style, confidence or togetherness. Now with a solid team effort we can see the quailty the new playes posses. We can rely on the clubs judgment of a good player, and give the player the time to show why the club track and pay millions for these tallented footballers.

are you suggesting that Ainsley Maitland Niles is one that got away?

5 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

You know we got relegated, right?

We've had shitty snidey posts like this a few times (see also Adam Armstrong, Bazunu, others).

Them playing well in the Championship right now does not suddenly make them being shite in the Premier League last year untrue.

It was true, it is true, they were shite. We got relegated.

Aribo was brilliant when he came on yesterday.

• Like 5

Aribo seems much more effective as a central midfielder and it's his physicality and short burst of speed that is the major asset, we didn't really see that last season.  At 6ft and built like a light heavyweight and you can see the opposition aware and looking over shoulders when he is on the park.  Good to see him doing well and Martin using him effectively. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

Or maybe he's just found his level...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

His style of touch, control and poise on the ball remind me a bit of De Ridder for some reason. Excellent performance from the bench yesterday.

6 hours ago, trousers said:

He reminded me more of Romeu, in certain regards (as I think someone else mentioned in the match thread) 

IMO, more like Monsieur Hulot while playing footie on holiday.

Agree he was v good yesterday and before Afcon.

16 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

Aribo seems much more effective as a central midfielder and it's his physicality and short burst of speed that is the major asset, we didn't really see that last season.  At 6ft and built like a light heavyweight and you can see the opposition aware and looking over shoulders when he is on the park.  Good to see him doing well and Martin using him effectively. 

Not to mention.....

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, StrangelyBrown said:

Or maybe he's just found his level...

Yep. The criticism he got last season was justified, as is the praise he's getting this season. I just think the PL was too much for him. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, CB Fry said:

We've had shitty snidey posts like this a few times (see also Adam Armstrong, Bazunu, others).

Them playing well in the Championship right now does not suddenly make them being shite in the Premier League last year untrue.

Aribo was brilliant when he came on 

The whole ficking club was a shambles, but it was the individual player that took the wrath of "you are shite" from so called supporters.

Guess we have to buy a whole new team around KWP as he is the only one deemed good enough for the EPL. 

I thought our new players are playing to their strenghths and improving now that we have a better manager and defined system. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

The whole ficking club was a shambles, but it was the individual player that took the wrath of "you are shite" from so called supporters.

Guess we have to buy a whole new team around KWP as he is the only one deemed good enough for the EPL. 

I thought our new players are playing to their strenghths and improving now that we have a better manager and defined system. 

It is possible, and fair, to highlight that the club was a shambles and that certain players weren't good enough. 

5 hours ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

The biggest criticism of him last season seemed to centre around his approach which looked all too casual when he came on. He appeared to saunter around without any urgency when we needed it. Perhaps he was as pissed off as anyone with the managerial changes. 

That looks to have changed, and he looked quite motivated on Friday and before his departure for African Cup. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

🎼 🎶

Arriboo, Aribo

Arriboo, Aribo

Arriboo, Aribo

Joe's our new Romeu!

🎶

A twist on a song we all love to sing

Aribo looks useful, but don’t think he offers the tackling in MF that Romeu did.

Not that we want the thread to be about their respective tackle of course. 

On 17/02/2024 at 15:18, CB Fry said:

Aribo was brilliant when he came on yesterday.

Either way the likes of Aribo and Arma where not the reasons for us being relegated .. as they where hardly first team regulars ... we are playing a totally different type of football now whilst before for the likes of Ralph and selles off the ball was everything hence elyounossi consistently chosen over the likes of edozie . We didn’t have much of the ball and didn’t win many matches 

think there’s a fair chance under martins tutelage they could do a lot better this time around and deserve a clean slate. 

2 hours ago, Badger said:

The biggest criticism of him last season seemed to centre around his approach which looked all too casual when he came on. He appeared to saunter around without any urgency when we needed it. Perhaps he was as pissed off as anyone with the managerial changes. 

That looks to have changed, and he looked quite motivated on Friday and before his departure for African Cup. 

Agreed. His attitude, outwardly at least, seems to have changed. He injected more tenacity in to the team when he came on on Friday and filled the midfield. 

5 hours ago, Badger said:

He appeared to saunter around without any urgency when we needed it.

I noticed him on the weekend appearing to be "sauntering around" but actually covering ground surprisingly quickly, particularly out of possession. It may be that he looks like he's not working hard even when he is.

• 2 weeks later...

Needs to start every game now .fantastic again last night.. receive’s the ball on the turn. Holds off players with his strength,, has the ability to hold the ball long enough to open space for others and sees the passes too .

is there anything will smallbone does better then him ?

i think he’s maybe better then downes too personally .. just absolutely should be one of the first names of the team sheet 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal

1 hour ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Needs to start every game now .fantastic again last night.. receive’s the ball on the turn. Holds off players with his strength,, has the ability to hold the ball long enough to open space for others and sees the passes too .

i think he’s maybe better then downes too personally .. just absolutely should be one of the first names of the team sheet 

I thought he was great in the first half, but didn't have the same impact in the 2nd. I wasn't sure whether he ran out of steam or if Liverpool's tactics after HT nullified him.  I think that he had to do a load more running than usual when we have most of the possession. 

3 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

More goals, more assists. More key passes per game, more shots per game, more dribbles per game, more blocks per game, more clearances per game. Better pass completion rate per game. If you're actually asking.

Edited by Fabrice29
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Fabrice29 said:

More goals, more assists. More key passes per game, more shots per game, more dribbles per game, more blocks per game, more clearances per game. Better pass completion rate per game. If you're actually asking.

We all know that’s not true.

10 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

We all know that’s not true.

More dribbles is incorrect actually, that's my bad, read the wrong stat. Rest is correct though, I'm not sure why people feel the need to rewrite Smallbones decent season based on a small patch of poor form.

8 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

More dribbles is incorrect actually, that's my bad, read the wrong stat. Rest is correct though, I'm not sure why people feel the need to rewrite Smallbones decent season based on a small patch of poor form.

Pass completion? You have to be joking. If you’re not I worry for your sanity.