Stoke 0-1 Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

18 minutes ago, Wiggles31 said:

My three day old first born son will be watching his first Saints game on the hospital TV tonight. C’mon Saints do us proud. 

Have you got him a login here yet so he can throw his toys out the pram when we go 1 down?

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Wiggles31 said:

My three day old first born son will be watching his first Saints game on the hospital TV tonight. C’mon Saints do us proud. 

Congratulations!

If we win tonight, be sure to tell him that it's generally relentless misery, and not to get carried away. Never too early to learn. 🙂

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Martin just said the way we played in the first half including not having as much of the ball was a subconscious choice by the players after the recent run of results we had. 

Not sure I'd have admitted that.

Yeah, maybe just a weird comment / mistake in what he was trying to say?

Looks like we've basically gone with the same setup as last time out - so maybe he's learning / prepared to adapt? But then that comment fills me with dread over another 90min of suicide football :(

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Martin just said the way we played in the first half including not having as much of the ball was a subconscious choice by the players after the recent run of results we had. 

I thought he said we had lots of the ball in the first half then it was a self conscious effort by the players to adjust and let Leeds have more of the ball in the second half.

37 minutes ago, Wiggles31 said:

Congratulations. I developed a superstition that we never lost or let a goal in with my firstborn in the room when he was in a baby... i made sure he stayed firmly on my lap for the entire Swansea away win in the prem... woke him up when gabbi scored 🤣

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Stoke vs Saints - Match Thread
Just now, Saint Fan CaM said:

Blimey, poor level of home attendance by the looks of it. Take note SR - this could happen to Saints if we stay in this league for 5-6 seasons!

You’d have thought it’d be a sell out for the Nathan Jones derby 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

So the players played their own way and got a 3-0 lead and then he reigned them in at HT and we lost that half 1-0 playing noticeably poorer football? Hmm.

2 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

We do exactly the same 

Who was the last player we had on loan that we then booed when they were back at their parent club? Can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Edited by trousers

• Lighthouse changed the title to Stoke 0-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic