Saints 1-1 Rotherham - Match Thread

Lee On Solent Saint

20 minutes ago, Greedyfly said:

I just don't get this line up again, but even with it we should still win.  Still feels like we're winning (if we win) in spite of Martin's fucking about, not because of it. We were good first half last week but meh the second.

Out of interest, how many games do we need to win before the manager is allowed some credit for said wins?

Do you think he's training them a specific way all week and then Saturday comes and the players go "nah let's not do that, lets just wing it"? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, niceandfriendly said:

Is this one likely to have streams or only decent option will be a tenner to the club? Has anyone actually got the clubs streaming service to work yet? All I’ve seen are bad reviews. 

The 3pm UK embargo on live broadcast and video is a disgrace and an absurdity. Luckily, I have flown to Thailand for the afternoon ;).

it is working and showing the warm-up kick about. 

Edited by adrian lord
  • Like 2

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

It was only 5 weeks ago people were accusing the club of having no ambition and insisting he was one of the best strikers at this level. 

So true. Let's not polarise things and just keep it simple; he's a useful player at this level and will help us over the course of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

I don't know whether this is the case or not, but you could imagine a young player who has been called up to the World Champions squad to play alongside Messi being nervous about getting injured and having to miss his first call up. So playing at 90% rather than 100%... 

A pragmatic manager might choose not to start them when they have already played twice that week, and they are keeping Che Adams on the bench (devaluing an asset likely to be sold in January)

Looks like I was right 😁

5 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

You can’t see how playing an actual CF helps?

fair enough 

Did I say that? I see understanding is a bit difficult so I'll spell it out l for you...

My point is what's the point in playing someone who can't be bothered to put the effort in? Without Adams (or a CF for that matter) we've won 2 on the bounce. When he has played he's been at best in 2nd gear.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong, but I'll be very surprised if he does.

2 hours ago, Wsaint said:

Out of interest, how many games do we need to win before the manager is allowed some credit for said wins?

Do you think he's training them a specific way all week and then Saturday comes and the players go "nah let's not do that, lets just wing it"? 

When he's got us up with a decent squad and without the prem players that got us the first 3 wins. Appreciate however, that my words have a lot less weight now though 😂

Edited by Greedyfly
  • Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-1 Rotherham - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic