Saints 1-1 Rotherham - Match Thread

Lee On Solent Saint

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Yep. Their keepers had loads to do and kept his team in it, ours has had one thing to do and has contributed fucking nothing.

Profligate finishing though.  Smallbone should have given their keeper no chance with his chance.

Martin after the game "our possession stats were fantastic so proud of the team the result could have been better but I'm not really focusing on results at the moment" 

Edited by Mr X
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It would have had to have been a special shot from Alcaraz to score form there. Their keeper will be happy with that. There is a reason why Fraser, Edozie and Alcaraz weren;t starting. We're relying on them having to be part of a team that now needs to break Rotherham down, rather than wait for opportunities that might arise with a lead.

Meanwhile, ROtherham keen to be direct and make that difficult, sensing at least a point.

Just now, stevy777_x said:

I hate this saintsfc commentator team with dead hammond, its so biased i just wish they could shut up

Hammond is so obviously encouraged by the club to big up the style of play.  I change to the oppositions commentary on my firestick every week.  Shame because as a captain of a back to back promotion winning Saints team, I should enjoy his insights.

1 hour ago, Greedyfly said:

When he's got us up with a decent squad and without the prem players that got us the first 3 wins. Appreciate however, that my words have a lot less weight now though 😂

Hmm bit more punch behind them now though. It's not a 'told you so' moment as much as I'm still not convinced he's setting us up to win. Score, sit back, take off good players, concede, have no way back rinse repeat. 

Like I said we were great against Leeds first half but we've been anything but convincing this season against anyone. And we've played some utter shit teams as well. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-1 Rotherham - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic