Saints 1-1 Rotherham - Match Thread

Lee On Solent Saint

Just now, SonicBoom said:

Let's face it, our tactics are basically negative. More interested in passing than scoring. Martin thinks he knows something the rest of the league don't. Meanwhile the best teams play at a higher speed and score goals. 

The guy loves himself and thinks he is too clever.

• Like 4

Just now, Tauro said:

Why on earth do you take your best player off? Absolute madness. Thrown the game away

The moment Rotherham made an early switch and tactics change he was shitting himself that their manager would be seen as the genius. So he took off our best player in the hope we'd still win and he'd be hailed the genius.

• Like 2

Just now, saintant said:

Not good enough but it seems we had enough chances but failed to take all but one of them. That will be RM's message and I guess it's hard to argue with him.

And even with the goal that we did score, it was criminal that Che couldn't get that header on target.

• Like 2

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

The moment Rotherham made an early switch and tactics change he was shitting himself that their manager would be seen as the genius. So he took off our best player in the hope we'd still win and he'd be hailed the genius.

Just like Ralph, as soon as the opposition played their Plan B we were screwed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Russell Martin, just Fuck Off you absolute wankstain. 

Why is it Russell's fault that the players can't finish so many clear cut chances? Too easy to blame the manager for this one. 

Yes I wouldn't have made that triple substitution at that moment but we should have had 2 or 3 goals by then

• Like 2

Leicester on 30 points - Saints on 17. Huge difference in managerial quality and not much to do with player quality in my book, with exception of Che Adams who is as impotent and mobile as a brick. He starts and we’re weaker somehow?!? Martin is not learning anything from past mistakes OR successes for that matter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Russell Martin, just Fuck Off you absolute wankstain. 

Why would he do that? If I were him and I saw comments like this, I'd just start screwing things up more and take the massive payout.

• Confused 4

Just now, Patches O Houlihan said:

Why is it Russell's fault that the players can't finish so many clear cut chances? Too easy to blame the manager for this one. 

Yes I wouldn't have made that triple substitution at that moment but we should have had 2 or 3 goals by then

But we didn't, so keep them on until we do.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-1 Rotherham - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic