Saints Kits Season 2024/25

Master Bates

On 30/12/2023 at 15:22, Master Bates said:

Back to yellow for away, but what about the home?

I believe this is Hummels last year so one more special home kit or back to stripes?

What colour/colours would people prefer for the 3rd kit? Black, green or white? Or maybe even purple 😶

Just this please… 🔴🔴IMG_6261.thumb.jpeg.599537090e6f7d9745fbc61be07cc33a.jpeg

3 hours ago, 23rdSaint said:

Your company is generous! Mine (also software) would never allow a break clause ;) 

Depends how good a deal you make the purchaser *think* they are getting... ;)

And we've never had a company exercise their right to take up the break in the 18 years that I've worked there, so win-win really :)

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, trousers said:

Depends how good a deal you make the purchaser *think* they are getting... ;)

And we've never had a company exercise their right to take up the break in the 18 years that I've worked there, so win-win really :)

Indeed!

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2023 at 11:41, Katalinic said:

From what I understand the Hummel contract has been terminated due to an earlier supply debacle and we are going with a different supplier. 

Edit: Just noticed an earlier post saying the same thing but mentioning Puma - not the name I heard.

I hope we can get a deal with Castore. I only tend to wear sports gear for golf and in the gym but I’ve bought a few bits of Castore gear recently for leisure wear. Tracksuit bottoms for around the house, a few gym t-shirts, a jacket for walking and a hoodie for wearing under my Saints shirt obviously plus a few bits for the kid. It’s really good quality, well made and looks good and whilst not the cheap it’s worth paying a bit more than the likes of under armour and adidas. They’ve nailed it in terms of a hitting the sweet spot of price v quality. 

27 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I hope we can get a deal with Castore. I only tend to wear sports gear for golf and in the gym but I’ve bought a few bits of Castore gear recently for leisure wear. Tracksuit bottoms for around the house, a few gym t-shirts, a jacket for walking and a hoodie for wearing under my Saints shirt obviously plus a few bits for the kid. It’s really good quality, well made and looks good and whilst not the cheap it’s worth paying a bit more than the likes of under armour and adidas. They’ve nailed it in terms of a hitting the sweet spot of price v quality. 

Definitely some nice stuff from Castore but think they've been getting some bad publicity for their supply chain and the quality of kits they provided to Villa, Newcastle and Rangers. Villa had that really sweaty kit 😂. After the Hummel experiment failed I could definitely see the club taking the safe option by returning to Adidas or seeking out Nike (if they're interested)

1 minute ago, woodsaint1 said:

Definitely some nice stuff from Castore but think they've been getting some bad publicity for their supply chain and the quality of kits they provided to Villa, Newcastle and Rangers. Villa had that really sweaty kit 😂. After the Hummel experiment failed I could definitely see the club taking the safe option by returning to Adidas or seeking out Nike (if they're interested)

I seem to remember a few Wolves and cricket fans complaining about the quality of their kit too. Amazing how difficult it apparently is to make a polyester T-shirt which doesn’t fall apart in the wash and deliver it on time.

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I seem to remember a few Wolves and cricket fans complaining about the quality of their kit too. Amazing how difficult it apparently is to make a polyester T-shirt which doesn’t fall apart in the wash and deliver it on time.

Really? Everything I’ve ever bought from them for me and the kid have always been excellent quality. I heard something about Villa having an issue with the kit but that’s the only one. Also never had any issues with delivery either. The first I bought from them was  a pair of tracksuit bottoms in the sale about this time last year which I wear 2-3 days a week at home and at kids football and they are as good as new. 

45 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Harlequin (my  rugby team) supporters have nothing but bad reviews of the Castore kit this season!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, saintquin said:

Harlequin (my  rugby team) supporters have nothing but bad reviews of the Castore kit this season!

I’m genuinely surprised to hear all the bad reviews. As I say I’ve had nothing but good things to say, a mate of mine is global sales director for a decent golf brand and he rates them too. Wonder why they seem to be doing a bad job with team stuff 

22 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Personally I'd like to see us make overtures to Hi-Tec to see if we can lure them into the footy kit market. If they turn us down perhaps we can turn to Slazenger or Lonsdale.

15 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Personally I'd like to see us make overtures to Hi-Tec to see if we can lure them into the footy kit market. If they turn us down perhaps we can turn to Slazenger or Lonsdale.

Sounds good, can get some of these beauties with a saints badge on 👍

IMG_3914.jpeg

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Sounds good, can get some of these beauties with a saints badge on 👍

IMG_3914.jpeg

Lonsdale had a go at football kits for teams like Blackburn, Birmingham City and Sunderland around 2005. The designs were awful and it didn't go well.

23 minutes ago, westmidlandsaint said:

As mentioned a while ago I'd heard it was Puma and I'm still hearing it is going to be Puma from my source who seems fairly confident. 

Hope so. A version of this trad number with navy shorts would be rather nice:

PUMA Stripe [With Different Colours] PUMA Football Jersey PUMA Football  Kits - Free Point|Custom T-shirt.Custom Polo-shirt・Custom Hoodies・Custom  Sweater・Custom Windbreaker Zip-up・Custom Teamwear Jersey.Custom Bomber  Custom Jacket Baseball Jacket ...

• Like 6

5 hours ago, westmidlandsaint said:

As mentioned a while ago I'd heard it was Puma and I'm still hearing it is going to be Puma from my source who seems fairly confident. 

Yep, I'd originally heard Macron but now they tell me they are sure it's Puma. Was between the two - on balance much prefer Puma.

On 30/12/2023 at 15:43, CB Fry said:

German wild cats will prowl the South lands and we will be Kings again.

I know this was incredibly cryptic but happy to explain what I was getting at back in December.

With love

Dusty Bin

X

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Katalinic said:

Yep, I'd originally heard Macron but now they tell me they are sure it's Puma. Was between the two - on balance much prefer Puma.

If it is Puma it will be horrible, as Newcastle fans will confirm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katalinic said:

Shame. The Macron stuff is generally excellent. 

7 hours ago, St Louis said:

Gutted if we are leaving Hummel, I've really liked our kits with them (especially the Home and the White one), but maybe thats because I'm an 80's/90's kid.

Shame as I think Hummel kits are generally quite smart, exceptions being last season's crap, although that is probably more down to those choosing them.

Would prefer Hummel to Puma or some of the main 'brands' mentioned, but then again I'm more concerned about how it looks on the pitch watching Saints than how soon the replicas are in stock so if they've balllsed up on that you can understand the club looking elsewhere.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/02/2024 at 19:13, Bakovnetski said:

A return to a 5 red stripe shirt (front and back) and back to original navy shorts would be great. Sets us apart from the others with red/white shirt and black shorts.

Athletico style.  Love that.

1 hour ago, Kenilworthy said:

This would make a lovely Saints shirt

atletico_ottawa_2024_macron_home_kit_e.jpg

If by "Saints Shirt" you mean "Uniform for waiting staff at a 50s themed Americana restaurant" then yes, would be lovely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

My lad had his first training session for his new team last night. He turned up in this season home kit, most of the other lads were in Leeds, Man City or Real Madrid kits, got a few comments like "Southampton" and laughs, then spent the next hour running rings round them at one point rolling the ball back onto his foot flicking it over the defenders head and running round him to collect it the other side, it was glorious to watch 🙂

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

My lad had his first training session for his new team last night. He turned up in this season home kit, most of the other lads were in Leeds, Man City or Real Madrid kits, got a few comments like "Southampton" and laughs, then spent the next hour running rings round them at one point rolling the ball back onto his foot flicking it over the defenders head and running round him to collect it the other side, it was glorious to watch 🙂

Good lad. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kenilworthy said:

This would make a lovely Saints shirt

atletico_ottawa_2024_macron_home_kit_e.jpg

Is this one of those @hypochondriac type posts where you've got some inside info but put it across as a question or suggestion in order to avoid making an overt 'ITK' post...? ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trousers said:

Is this one of those @hypochondriac type posts where you've got some inside info but put it across as a question or suggestion in order to avoid making an overt 'ITK' post...? ;)

no. If only I was remotely ITK. But I love speculation about football kits

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Surprised there's still no small leaks yet, the club must be keeping this one close to their chests....

Probably close, they’re clearing all kits and training gear at 50% off at mo so will want to shift as much dead stock as they can before. Or maybe they’ve had to send back all the new shirts with PL badges on the sleeves…………