Saints Kits Season 2024/25

Master Bates

On 30/12/2023 at 23:28, westmidlandsaint said:

I'd heard from within the club that this is Hummels last season and it was looking likely that Puma would be replacing Hummel

On 30/12/2023 at 15:43, CB Fry said:

German wild cats will prowl the South lands and we will be Kings again.

Damn i thought I was going to get kudos for being the first in the know but looking back @CB Fry beat me by 5 hours. At least my source didnt leave me with egg on on my face

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatch said:

first glance i thought that was barbed wire

It is. All part of Sport Republic's masterplan to make St. Mary's a more intimidating away day.

2 hours ago, Stu Man Do said:

It’s going to be this with white pin stripes isn’t it? 

https://uk.puma.com/uk/en/pd/switzerland-football-2024-mens-home-jersey/773956?swatch=01&referrer-category=mens-sport-football

not the most interesting designed kits looking through their site but hopefully some good income for the club.

It’s a top. Maybe they could make that red and white stripes from the design it is possible. 

17 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I clicked on that link and for a second thought the adverts were part of the article.

IMG_0354.jpeg

You do realise that adverts are targeted based on your search history and internet browsing right? So either you or the mrs have been searching for those kind of outfits...

• Haha 7

16 minutes ago, franniesTache said:

You do realise that adverts are targeted based on your search history and internet browsing right? So either you or the mrs have been searching for those kind of outfits...

Ooo-errr that makes 2 of us then😲

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stu Man Do said:

It’s going to be this with white pin stripes isn’t it? 

https://uk.puma.com/uk/en/pd/switzerland-football-2024-mens-home-jersey/773956?swatch=01&referrer-category=mens-sport-football

not the most interesting designed kits looking through their site but hopefully some good income for the club.

Barbed wire to stop the players from leaving?

44 minutes ago, franniesTache said:

#WifeyForLifey....

image.png.83262857a83ad2d61bd575235bf64590.png

Edited by Saint86

There are two choices.

1. a shirt that sells well.
  2. Stripes.

Id rather have something like the Lens kit but with Red as the main colour with White sleeves.
RC Lens 23/24 Home Jersey Men, Pelé Yellow-PUMA Red, extralarge

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 09/04/2024 at 23:24, HarvSFC said:

The nostalgic kits are done, red and white stripes now, please.

We’ve yet to repeat the 1976-80 Admiral twin stripe kit.

Not necessarily advocating it, but suspect it will make a comeback at some point. It should at least be better  than some of the crap featured on the Puma link above in the thread.

11 minutes ago, Nolan said:

There are two choices.

1. a shirt that sells well.
  2. Stripes.

Id rather have something like the Lens kit but with Red as the main colour with White sleeves.
RC Lens 23/24 Home Jersey Men, Pelé Yellow-PUMA Red, extralarge

White sleeves ? Bit ‘Arsenal’ isn’t it ? 

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

White sleeves ? Bit ‘Arsenal’ isn’t it ? 

as opposed to being a bit Sheffield United, Brentford, Stoke, Sunderland, Exeter...... I would cope. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nolan said:

as opposed to being a bit Sheffield United, Brentford, Stoke, Sunderland, Exeter...... I would cope. 

Fair point to some degree, but the stripes are also historically ‘ours’ as well. I’d rather that than a copy of another clubs style be it plain red shirts with or without white sleeves. The all red kits under Cortese just didn’t feel like Saints in my view. 

(Await the MLG view on ‘tradition’ etc). 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, santolijador said:

popped up on my feed...

Been there, done that, worn the T-Shirt.

People who make these mock ups need to be more adventurous.

Edited by Nolan

5 hours ago, Badger said:

Fair point to some degree, but the stripes are also historically ‘ours’ as well. I’d rather that than a copy of another clubs style be it plain red shirts with or without white sleeves. The all red kits under Cortese just didn’t feel like Saints in my view. 

(Await the MLG view on ‘tradition’ etc). 

Still think we should go back to our original navy shorts. That would set us apart.....and we may even fancy ourselves as Atletico.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bakovnetski said:

Still think we should go back to our original navy shorts. That would set us apart.....and we may even fancy ourselves as Atletico.

It would and also go back to our roots. For over half a century that's what we had, only changing to black in the 50s. We had blue in our long before the skates, they were still in a dusky little pink number back in the day. This was basically our kit from late 1800s to the 1950s, I'm sure they could come up with something similar.

spacer.png

• Like 3

We've fucked around enough times the past 15 years with deviations from the red and white stripes.  It's been fun but can we just get back to playing in good, old-fashioned red and white stripes now please?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

we should return to our roots, and have a quad red/white thing going on

R/W quarters, or r/w halves would be fine by me for a change.

Then keep the sash for anniversary years ( hope to still be breathing for our 150th year in 2035.)

Edited by Badger

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

R/W quarters, or r/w halves would be fine by me for a change.

Then keep the sash for anniversary years ( hope to still be breathing for our 150th year in 2035.)

Red and white halves with black shorts white socks definitely. Being as we’ve just had the sort of half and half though, it won’t be that for a long while.

I know the stripe fetishists get a bit angry when we haven’t had stripes for a season, but for me I’m not at all bothered. I always say it, but if a club as massive as Barcelona can forego traditional stripes more than once in a while then I think we can get over ourselves and do the same. If we’re going back to stripes then I’d definitely love to see a return to blue shorts/socks. The Hummel 89/90 stripes kit was a masterpiece but I can’t think of too many stripey kits outside of that I’ve been a big fan of. Bringing back the blue would be a big differentiator and also a nod to classic tradition.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kenilworthy said:

The Teaser ad says 07.24 - so some time in July - but will have to be before the first friendly game

Will that be only for the XXXXS and XXXXXXXXL sizes, with all other sizes due 'at some stage in October due to unprecedented supply chain problems.  The club apologises for this inconvenience but would like to re-iterate that it is completely out of our control'.  

33 minutes ago, malcolm waldron said:

Will that be only for the XXXXS and XXXXXXXXL sizes, with all other sizes due 'at some stage in October due to unprecedented supply chain problems.  The club apologises for this inconvenience but would like to re-iterate that it is completely out of our control'.  

Puma are German, they don't allow such inefficiencies

• Haha 1