Saints 1-2 Millwall - Match Thread

ErwinK1961

I think we'll still win this. But serious questions emerging over squad management for me. We're weak in defensive midfield and full back, we've wasted a loan over the whole Rothwell/alcaraz situation (clearly other areas needed strengthening over any debatable upgrade there - alcaraz is better regardless imo). And then... more importantly, for weeks now, Martin has demonstrated a total inability to manage the squad... Routinely making wholesale changes of 4-5 players each week, rather than minor tweaks of 1-2 players every week to give players a proper rest. The result now is really disjointed teams and loss of form, for a tactical setup that needs complete fluidity to work. I know he's a young manager without the previous experience of such a large squad to balance, but we've got sort this out for the playoffs!!

Edited by Saint86

Dean Hammond saying that Millwall are purposely trying to put Baz under pressure as they’ve “maybe seen something in a previous game that’s a weakness”.

Yes Dean, that weakness would be his overall goalkeeping ability.

3 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Next season will be interesting, there won’t be many of our “stars” sticking around 😂

Don’t throw in the towel yet old bean, 80 plus minutes to go, plus they have two booked already. Only thing we have to worry about is Obefamis inevitable goal.

Just now, Saint86 said:

I think we'll still win this. But serious questions emerging over squad management for me. We're weak in defensive midfield and full back, we've wasted a loan over the whole Rothwell/alcaraz situation (clearly other areas needed strengthening over any debatable upgrade there - alcaraz is better regardless imo). And then... more importantly, for weeks now, Martin has demonstrated a total inability to manage the squad... Routinely making wholesale changes of 4-5 players each week, rather than minor tweaks of 1-2 players every week to give players a rest. The result now is really disjointed teams and loss of form, for a tactical setup that needs complete fluidity to work. I know he's a young manager, but we've got sort this out for the playoffs.

we are losing because of a goalkeeping error nothing to do with squad management 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Galway saint said:

we are losing because of a goalkeeping error nothing to do with squad management 

You're in cloud cuckoo land mate. We are wide open defensively and have been for weeks. We're home to a side that have just sacked their manager and are 1 point of the relegation zone, whilst we're chasing automatics.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Next season will be interesting, there won’t be many of our “stars” sticking around 😂

I wont be sad to see Bazunu go. How many points has his lack of concentration cost us. At least 3 goals late in away games that has cost us 6 points

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Millwall - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic