Saints 3-0 PNE - Match Thread

Harry_SFC

5 minutes ago, The Cat said:

There's a big fire next to the ground right now. Not sure if it's going to cause any problems for later.

I hear it’s  Shane long 😬

i think we might be off tonight ?

Edited by Chris78

3 hours ago, gio1saints said:

I heard if we don’t go up Itchen bridge is gonna collapse.  #Saintsdeathspiralprophecies

Speaking of the roads around Southampton, how has it been since the temporary one way system been in place? I haven't been to Southampton since it's started, how bad is it?

edit - never mind the roads, if the neighbouring site is burning down then I'll leave it.

On the positive side, chances are we get KWP and Fraser back for the rearranged match.

Edited by Ted Bates Statue
🔥

Just now, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

More space to park away coaches next season……..

Good point. Maybe the club have firebombed the warehouse in an attempt to open up more land.

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Looking at the video on the Echo website the whole building has gone up. I'd say no chance of the game tonight. 

Looks like the building where they make and store wooden pallets.

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Need to make a decision soon, away fans travelling and all that.

I'm currently nearby and there's still a shed load of smoke blowing towards the city centre. Don't see how they can ensure it's safe in time for the match. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tdmickey3 said:

Why is it shit?

Stephens is not a good as THB, that is a fact

Even cheerleaders like you and Gio cant deny that surely.

Way to completely miss the point

....awaits laughing emoji

I just drove into the office in town and the smoke cloud is over Cumberland square/Bedford place. 
on that basis it’s a bl00dy big fire and will take hours to bring under enough control for anyone to declare it’s safe.

May as well officially cancel now because we won’t be playing this evening imo 

Just now, Chewy said:

I just drove into the office in town and the smoke cloud is over Cumberland square/Bedford place. 
on that basis it’s a bl00dy big fire and will take hours to bring under enough control for anyone to declare it’s safe.

May as well officially cancel now because we won’t be playing this evening imo 

The Daily Echo reports that the walls of the building are starting to collapse. In my opinion I cannot see the fire being brought under control within the next couple of hours. At the moment it must be unsafe for the fire service to enter the building. At the very least the whole Chapel car park will be closed for some time.

Even Saturday’s game could be doubtful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I’m out of the country for a couple of weeks after Saturday so I only hope that I can go to the rearranged fixture.

There goes our three week break I suppose.

Let’s hope that nobody has been hurt in this fire.

Looking at the calendar the only space for the game is a midweek at the end of April, unless they change it to next Tuesday/Wednesday. They've got to fit the Leicester game in too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I’m out of the country for a couple of weeks after Saturday so I only hope that I can go to the rearranged fixture.

Not sure this can affect the international break. If game is called off today maybe it will be squeezed in to when we were due to play leicester.

1 minute ago, saintant said:

Not sure this can affect the international break. If game is called off today maybe it will be squeezed in to when we were due to play leicester.

I'm sure Preston will already have a fixture to play that weekend?

1 minute ago, Paul Chuckle said:

I'm sure Preston will already have a fixture to play that weekend?

They have Plymouth away. Maybe they can schedule that game for 12.30, and then Preston can drive up to ours for 8pm kick off. Sounds good to me.

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I’m out of the country right now (back next week) so am hoping to go to the rearranged fixture 😄

• Like 1

My friend who lives across the river and first mentioned it to me says there have been no flames visible for 10 minutes but loads of smoke. With the danger of reignition as well as the smoke there will be loads of appliances and road closures, and can't see it being on so won't be doing my normal mooch into Southampton early, whether by train or car.

I don’t think the game goes ahead today regardless. Elf and Safety- can’t allow 30k inhaling the fumes/ smoke and it’ll take a couple of days for them to dampen down the fire to ensure it doesn’t reignite. Hopefully a decision will be made soon which allows enough time for all fans to plan ahead. 

• Like 1

This game isn't going ahead, Not in a million years. Health and safety for Fans and players/Staff will be forefront.

Least it's one more game where KWP and Fraser will be available for.

March and April are going to be nuts with 2 games to rearrange though.

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints vs PNE - Wednesday 1945 - Fire near St Mary’s - Match in doubt
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-0 PNE - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic