Saints 4-2 Sunderland - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Just now, hypochondriac said:

We've been decent but Sunderland have been turd. Their shooting has been abysmal. 

Ours isn't much better we should be at least 4-0 up on chances if not more 

• Like 1

Sunderland letting us play out. We are duly obliging and look good with very little resistance. All playing well enough. Nice to see Baz launching some and mixing it up a bit.

So far, so good.

• Like 1

Very strange not to be up in arms about something or stressed out because a 2 goal deficit.

Rather comfortable ... I'd expect us to score a couple more, ring out the changes by the 60th mins

Lovely... 🙂

• Like 1

I am more annoyed by our shit finishing as our goals werent exactly clincal.

Goal 1 down to their defender and it still was saved by the goalie from beders point blank header before stuey tucked it hom.

Goal 2 - good work from manning and then still armstrong tried to fuck it up.

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

Ah it's too bad we had those 2 sticky patches. 4 losses in a row and 3 in 4. 

All we can do is win the games vs those 3 and hope we have enough at the end of the season. 

Wouldnt worry about it, we have just got to do the best we can and whatever happens happens.

• Like 1

At the game. We look very comfortable but that's partly down to Sunderland being poor. We should be out of sight by now but we're not clinical enough up front. Can't see Sunderland being as poor in the second half, so this this far from over yet. COYR!

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

Just now, Convict Colony said:

I am more annoyed by our shit finishing as our goals werent exactly clincal.

Goal 1 down to their defender and it still was saved by the goalie from beders point blank header before stuey tucked it hom.

Goal 2 - good work from manning and then still armstrong tried to fuck it up.

Yes Armstrong clearly tried to slip on purpose and fuck it up.... Good grief 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

So if Leicester draw today, Leeds can go top next week with a home win against Millwall.

Imagine if Leicester didn't get in the automatic spots, it'd have to go down as one of the biggest bottle jobs ever.

1 minute ago, Saint NL said:

So if Leicester draw today, Leeds can go top next week with a home win against Millwall.

Imagine if Leicester didn't get in the automatic spots, it'd have to go down as one of the biggest bottle jobs ever.

On par with the one by Spurs that handed them the EPL title!

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 1

First half. Loads of possession(62%). With that we had dominance. Form that created 13 efforts with 6 on target. They had 7 effort, but just the one on target. That also reflects the moments where they might have created something, but we worked hard and blocked. We were stopping htem in there own half for lots of the time.

More of the same this half please, with the subs coming on to freshien things up.

2 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

On par with the one by Spurs that handed them the EPL title!

Leicester were a good 7 or 8 points ahead and just needed a draw from their last couple of games anyway, so that was hardly a bottle job. What was ten times funnier was that they lost at home to us the following week, then got spanked by relegated Newcastle and overtaken by Arsenal on the last day of the season.

8 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

To be fair and balanced, Manning made a good recovery then. 

Yeah manning playing well this game - covering his space well when defending and also still pushing up and he usually annoys me the most.

Oh, nearly. Brooks did well winnign the ball back. What looked like a lovely pass, but just a fraction too much on it for Adams who had got clear. Nice stuff. We're continuing the way we were in the first half. Downes makes such a difference. Not least, it's allowing Smallbone to be freed up to be all over the place.

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Can't work out if we are playing within ourselves, or just completely off the pace. I know we are winning, but this lot should be belted out of St Mary's

Very much a 2nd gear performance, but so long as we win I don't care. If the team were fully on form I think they'd be 5 or 6 nil up!?

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 4-2 Sunderland - Saturday 3pm
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 4-2 Sunderland - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic