Saints 3-1 West Brom - Match Thread

Disco Stu

Hey fellow Saints. Am driving down on Fri, from Basingstoke. Normally get the train but the last one back is 11pm.....which I could just make if we don't have extra time/pens 🤣. Is Westquay my best parking option? Cheers everyone. COYR!!!

15 minutes ago, BranfootsLoveChild said:

Hey fellow Saints. Am driving down on Fri, from Basingstoke. Normally get the train but the last one back is 11pm.....which I could just make if we don't have extra time/pens 🤣. Is Westquay my best parking option? Cheers everyone. COYR!!!

I parked at College Street car park for the Watford game and that worked well.

• Like 1

This game sort of has a sense of inevitably about it, how many times this season have we been excited about where we could finish only to completely fall apart in games we should have won! I'm not convinced we can get the required urgency and the right winning mentality back in the team we did alright in the sense that we didn't concede at brom with a weakened team in the first leg but we still looked very shaky at times.  Hopefully saints prove me wrong and the team delivers on its potential at last, we should have enough about us if we play to our full potential to get a win. I guess we can't keep swapping managers so even if we get hammered we have to stick with Martin and hope his style eventually comes good 

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

This game sort of has a sense of inevitably about it, how many times this season have we been excited about where we could finish only to completely fall apart in games we should have won! I'm not convinced we can get the required urgency and the right winning mentality back in the team we did alright in the sense that we didn't concede at brom with a weakened team in the first leg but we still looked very shaky at times.  Hopefully saints prove me wrong and the team delivers on its potential at last, we should have enough about us if we play to our full potential to get a win. I guess we can't keep swapping managers so even if we get hammered we have to stick with Martin and hope his style eventually comes good 

It is time to deliver on the expectations. We are the better side, the game is massive and we should be right up for it. None of this passive ‘autos are gone’ going through the motions. As you say, play to our potential and the result will be a good one.

Is it 1 defeat in our last 11 against WBA? Russ hasn’t lost against them or Corberan as a manager. We finished 12 points above them and did the league double over them. Expectation is justified, hope we thrive under the pressure for a change. Their away form ranks them as 14th in the league. If we score first I think we will force them to open up and we can take advantage, need to start fast.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

It is time to deliver on the expectations. We are the better side, the game is massive and we should be right up for it. None of this passive ‘autos are gone’ going through the motions. As you say, play to our potential and the result will be a good one.

Is it 1 defeat in our last 11 against WBA? Russ hasn’t lost against them or Corberan as a manager. We finished 12 points above them and did the league double over them. Expectation is justified, hope we thrive under the pressure for a change. Their away form ranks them as 14th in the league. If we score first I think we will force them to open up and we can take advantage, need to start fast.

Yes we need to be as quick out the traps as they were at home, we were well under the cosh for 15 minutes then got a grip on the game! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr X said:

That reads more pessimistic then it should be. 

We will be ok.

34 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

I parked at College Street car park for the Watford game and that worked well.

Think that's just a couple of quid after 6pm so probably best, particularly if coming in down the Avenue. Alternative is the West Quay Retail Park, open air car park near Furniture Village, Decathlon, etc., free parking after 8pm so depending on what time you're arriving to how much to pay (after 7pm £1.00 for one hour, after 6pm £1.50 two hours). But this would probably only be better if you were driving out to pick up the M271.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

That reads more pessimistic then it should be. 

We will be ok.

Agreed just with saints we are used to being let down when it really counts! We are the better team so let's make it count! 💪

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mr X said:

That's my thoughts as well, expecting Saints to let us down when pressure is on, need some strong characters to step up. 

I think the difference between us and West Brom is that I feel we have another couple of gears where we could improve our game; whereas West Brom - I feel like I haven’t seen it and they won’t.

We should feel confident. Home game, Friday night, full house, red and white everywhere AND the fact we’ve only conceded once against them in three games this season and I’m pretty sure that was a largely scrappy goal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

personally, I am as confident as I was before the first leg that we will win the play offs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BranfootsLoveChild said:

If you’re coming down via the M3 you might be better placed to park to the north of the stadium as seen on a map so maybe look at the Royal South Hants hospital, big open air car park and well placed to get back on The Avenue. Grosvenor Square is a good shout too.

Edited just now by bpsaint

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goodymatt said:

Spot on. We’re good enough to win this, now they just need to make it happen. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bpsaint said:

If you’re coming down via the M3 you might be better placed to park to the north of the stadium as seen on a map so maybe look at the Royal South Hants hospital, big open air car park and well placed to get back on The Avenue. Grosvenor Square is a good shout too.

Edited just now by bpsaint

Thanks, will check it out. 😁

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

AND the fact we’ve only conceded once against them in three games this season and I’m pretty sure that was a largely scrappy goal.

Yep and for the record, AMc wouldn’t have saved it either 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BranfootsLoveChild said:

I am having to drive to this one as I live in the middle of nowhere (East Sussex). When I drive I always park on Horseshoe Bridge. It's a fair walk but I find parking any more centrally I get trapped in traffic for ages afterwards. I get out onto Thomas Lewis Way very quickly. It's also free! And there is sometimes some female company available (at a price) if you're that way inclined!😇

• Haha 2

It's important to remember that so much of football is a crapshoot. Any game can turn on whether the ball hits the inside of the post and goes in or the outside and is a soon-forgotten goal-kick. Or on whether a block is effective or creates the deflection that is unsaveable.   

So there can be no guarantees.

BUT... we're definitely the better side.  And I think there should be a surge of energy and conviction on Friday.  I think we'll win 3-1.  I just really hope their goal is a consolation, and not an opener. Not sure my nerves can take it.

It will be utterly heartbreaking if we the gods are against us. But more likely, we're headed to Wembley, and continue what has been -- when all's said and done -- an exhilarating season.

• Like 2

I think we’re going to fucking smash those baggy cunts.  4-0, Nessy Drogba gets a brace.

We’re going to piss these fucking play-offs.  Fuck off West Brom, fuck off Norwich you farmer cunts and fuck off Leeds you shitcunts.

• Like 5
  • Haha 15
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wade Garrett said:

I think we’re going to fucking smash those baggy cunts.  4-0, Nessy Drogba gets a brace.

We’re going to piss these fucking play-offs.  Fuck off West Brom, fuck off Norwich you farmer cunts and fuck off Leeds you shitcunts.

Very eloquent

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

I'm going to read this just before I step on to the six aside pitch tonight at fat football.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Hayling Saint said:

Yep, very nice. That is why I've stopped by Grandson from visiting this site now!

Let him, it'll toughen him up for the real world. That's the trouble with kids these days, pampered and mollycoddled so when they do get into the real world they cant cope and all think they've got health issues when all it is is a lack of resilience. I sure some kid called Sebastian somewhere who'd think it's all horrific but it happens young man, people swear.

Edited by Turkish

11 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Russell? Is that you?

• Haha 1

Sorry to say that I really do think we are going to lose this. On penalties. I am about 50-50 on my predictions so I seriously hope I have misjudged us this time as we need to get to the final where it is anyone's game. I just see signs that playing around at the back is getting worse again and almost gave WBA two goals at least last Sunday and I just don't think we will get away with it for another 90 minutes. I can see it being a high scoring draw after AET and then we duff up the penalties under pressure. Let us see if if my gut is right or if I am just over thinking and over worrying. I will be the first to denounce myself and such like if we win.

9 hours ago, Hayling Saint said:

Yep, very nice. That is why I've stopped by Grandson from visiting this site now!

Yeah, best to keep that kind of language to the school playground... ;)

0-0 is such a horrible result. If we had lost 2-0 we could be properly pessimistic and if we had won 3-0 we could be ever so slightly optimistic, but 0-0 anything could happen and probably will.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Tom & Gerry said:

0-0 is such a horrible result. If we had lost 2-0 we could be properly pessimistic and if we had won 3-0 we could be ever so slightly optimistic, but 0-0 anything could happen and probably will.

Spoiler alert...we all know it's going to go to penalties and we'll go out as Jack Stephens launches the last spot kick into row Z... ;)

#youhearditherefirst

Edited by trousers
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, woksaintly said:

With AI tools these days it should be easy to detect and eliminate profanity. 

They did automatically get asterixed out on here once upon a time. **** knows why they ****ing don't any ****ing more....

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Hayling Saint said:

If you don't like that, you wait until WBA nick a goal from us fucking around with it in the 6 yard box. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dman said:

If you don't like that, you wait until WBA nick a goal from us fucking around with it in the 6 yard box. 

Or Che banjos one wide of the corner flag when clean through 

14 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Feel better now?

14 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Ok I've memorised the lyrics, what's the tune?

• Haha 2

On 15/05/2024 at 13:11, goodymatt said:

This is a bit like RM not having lost to Cardiff ..   

Should win. But…. 

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

This is a bit like RM not having lost to Cardiff ..   

Should win. But…. 

That Cardiff game was absolutely ridiculous. Enough chances to win the game multiple times over. Praying we are more clinical than that tomorrow!

21 hours ago, ItchenRob said:

I am having to drive to this one as I live in the middle of nowhere (East Sussex). When I drive I always park on Horseshoe Bridge. It's a fair walk but I find parking any more centrally I get trapped in traffic for ages afterwards. I get out onto Thomas Lewis Way very quickly. It's also free! And there is sometimes some female company available (at a price) if you're that way inclined!😇

Haha,that is my old parking spot.

I will be driving from Devon for the game and will hopefully park there.

Going back some years you were guaranteed to pull on the walk to and from the ground.

As long as we don't bottle it I fancy our chances. Match their intensity and our better attacking quality should tip the balance. Play off the pace though and they will beat us.

17 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Quality 😂.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

Annoyingly I'm on holiday. 

Anyone know how best to watch in Italy? Have just arrived and realised Sky Go doesn't work out here 😔 

Is there an Italian TV channel that might show it? I'm guessing my odds of finding a bar with it on are slim...

Stick a vpn on your machine.  I find NordVPN does the trick nicely.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 West Brom - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic