Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Just now, Turkish said:

In hindsight playing Azaz up front was a good decision, he held it up and won loads of free kicks.

they didn’t really threaten at all did they in hindsight although it doesn’t feel like that at the time. 
 

most relieved man in the stadium will be Bragg. Had we kept 11 on the pitch I’m pretty confident we’d have blown them away but a great, resilient performance in some ways more satisfying. Great to see the lads properly getting stuck in. 
 

Downes and Azaz joint man of the match for me. Azaz just oozes class and Downes was magnificent 

Azaz was a better target than Larin at times.....

  • Like 5
Posted
1 minute ago, Turkish said:

In hindsight playing Azaz up front was a good decision, he held it up and won loads of free kicks.

they didn’t really threaten at all did they in hindsight although it doesn’t feel like that at the time. 
 

most relieved man in the stadium will be Bragg. Had we kept 11 on the pitch I’m pretty confident we’d have blown them away but a great, resilient performance in some ways more satisfying. Great to see the lads properly getting stuck in. 
 

Downes and Azaz joint man of the match for me. Azaz just oozes class and Downes was magnificent 

That's how I saw it. Tonda would have put some subs on at about 60 minutes and I think it would have finished 2 or 3 nil.

  • Like 2
Posted
Just now, Turkish said:

In hindsight playing Azaz up front was a good decision, he held it up and won loads of free kicks.

they didn’t really threaten at all did they in hindsight although it doesn’t feel like that at the time. 
 

most relieved man in the stadium will be Bragg. Had we kept 11 on the pitch I’m pretty confident we’d have blown them away but a great, resilient performance in some ways more satisfying. Great to see the lads properly getting stuck in. 
 

Downes and Azaz joint man of the match for me. Azaz just oozes class and Downes was magnificent 

And that will really hurt for the skates. There for the taking and did Peretz really have a genuine save to make? I think we’d have scored another couple more with 11 but it would have given them more space. We came much closer to scoring second half than them. 

Billy Sharp has a grin on his face, McAnuff a grimace. 

Posted

considering we had 10 men from about 40 mins onwards, they only had 2 shots on target...

Terrible.

Their manager did not help by subbing half the team

  • Like 2
Posted
2 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I would take a one goal victory. I would say 1-0, but we are incapable of getting clean sheets so I'll go with 2-1.

Very happy to be proven wrong 😊

Posted

Clean sheet welcome too especially with ten men and Jack in over Wood. Maybe we should just sub off a player for nobody when we go ahead in games and we'll keep more clean sheets! 😜

Seriously though a well fought win, probably helps from the bits I saw that Pompey didn't have much in attack. 

Posted
1 minute ago, saintant said:

That's how I saw it. Tonda would have put some subs on at about 60 minutes and I think it would have finished 2 or 3 nil.

I thought we looked ropey, even with eleven on the pitch. Azaz’s pass was the only moment of real quality.

  • Confused 3
Posted
Just now, Lighthouse said:

I thought we looked ropey, even with eleven on the pitch. Azaz’s pass was the only moment of real quality.

Such is the nature of a derby, they’re always a great leveller.

  • Like 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

And that will really hurt for the skates. There for the taking and did Peretz really have a genuine save to make? I think we’d have scored another couple more with 11 but it would have given them more space. We came much closer to scoring second half than them. 

Billy Sharp has a grin on his face, McAnuff a grimace. 

One save just before half time that was it. They didn’t really threaten at all. Good defending but also a real lack of quality from them too

  • Like 1
Posted
10 minutes ago, StrangelyBrown said:

Azaz was absolutely fantastic!

Yes but lucky not to get a red card.

 

Pompey pretty poor really except for the goalie

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I thought we looked ropey, even with eleven on the pitch. Azaz’s pass was the only moment of real quality.

We weren’t great but still more quality and threat even with 10.

Portsmouth created nothing and deserved nothing. I’d hate to watch that every week. Innovation of a breeze block. Spent more money this summer but worse than when they visited last season.

Edited by Gloucester Saint
Posted
13 minutes ago, StrangelyBrown said:

Azaz was absolutely fantastic!

 

Just now, John B said:

Yes but lucky not to get a red card.

 

Do the EFL laws allow them to review the card retrospectively...?

  • Haha 3
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

We weren’t great but still more quality and threat even with 10.

Portsmouth created nothing and deserved nothing. I’d hate to watch that every week. Innovation of a breeze block.

51% possession over the game as a whole.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, trousers said:

 

Do the EFL laws allow them to review the card retrospectively...?

No, I do not believe so. It was seen and handled on the pitch. 

Posted
Just now, Disco Stu said:

I think that settles the debate about who partners Schlotterbeck.

Not sure about that...  Both Wood and now Stephens have partnered well with him... With the 'better on paper' loan fella also in the wings, I'd say the "debate" has probably widened rather than narrowed...?

  • Like 2
Posted
1 minute ago, Winnersaint said:

Such is the nature of a derby, they’re always a great leveller.

My thoughts. Azaz made a number of good passes. No one seems to agree with me but Bragg did not deserve to be sent off. There were many fouls in the match from both teams that went unpunished. Not every foul deserves a booking. Bragg hardly touched the  player for the second one. Great second half performance in the circumstances.

  • Like 1
Posted

What a week for the fans and for Tonda. Thought his in game management was superb today.

Should never have started Bragg but I'll let him off for that. 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, WokingSaint said:

Not every foul deserves a booking. Bragg hardly touched the  player for the second one

It was a blatent shirt pull.

  • Like 3
Posted
1 minute ago, trousers said:

Not sure about that...  Both Wood and now Stephens have partnered well with him... With the 'better on paper' loan fella also in the wings, I'd say the "debate" has probably widened rather than narrowed...?

Stephens is a better defender than Wood. Abbott is young, unproven and struggling to impress Tonda enough to get into the match day squad 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Nice interview from Tonda.

You must have been watching Sky... No interview with him on ITV and the programme has just ended. FFS.

Edited by trousers
Posted
10 minutes ago, trousers said:

 

Do the EFL laws allow them to review the card retrospectively...?

Quite clearly it was a red card

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, John B said:

Quite clearly it was a red card

He would've been sent off if we weren't already down to 10, I'm sure. Not that it should matter.

Must admit Pompey are in trouble this season. I know they've got injuries but they looked very poor all round. 

Edited by Harry_SFC
  • Like 1
Posted

Titanic effort from those 10 lads. Beating those cunts is literally all that matters, and they achieved it with a player less. In hindsight, it couldn’t have been easier, we had the best chance of the second half and they were absolutely embarrassing. 

Hampshire is red, today and always. 

  • Like 3
Posted
12 minutes ago, WokingSaint said:

My thoughts. Azaz made a number of good passes. No one seems to agree with me but Bragg did not deserve to be sent off. There were many fouls in the match from both teams that went unpunished. Not every foul deserves a booking. Bragg hardly touched the  player for the second one. Great second half performance in the circumstances.

Think the booking was for the shirt pull which was clear and obvious.

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Only to the blind 😉

Suggest we wait until Stephens has another one of his inevitable howler matches before agreeing on a conclusion

Cheers,

Stevie W

  • Like 2
Posted
Just now, trousers said:

Suggest we wait until Stephens has another one of his inevitable howler matches before agreeing on a conclusion

Cheers,

Stevie W

Wood is equally capable of those but also weaker in the air and less of a leader.

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...