Mick Channon in hospital following car crash

saintbletch

No other details. Just came up on SkySports News.

EDIT: Further reports have suggested that it's not as "serious" as SkySports News was reporting. Apparently Mick and his 14 year old son were involved in a car crash on Wednesday night on the M1. It was a "bad" crash and Mick has suffered a broken arm and a punctured lung but it's not a life-threatening condition. His 14 year old son was not seriously hurt.

The BBC report is here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/7585930.stm.

Edited by saintbletch
More information

Trainer Mick Channon is in a "stable" condition in hospital after being involved in a car crash.

The Lambourn handler and former England footballer is in hospital in Nottingham after being injured in the crash on the M1 near the city early on Thursday.

His injuries are not life-threatening, but it's believed he may have a broken arm.

A stable spokesoman told sportinglife.com: "He is in a stable condition, it's not life-threatening. We believe he may have a broken arm, but in the scheme of things that's not as bad as it could have been."

------------------

Thank **** for that.

sky racin news mick is stable in hospital his son is ok fingers crossed for you me boy

Yep, just tuned in to hear the At The Races channel say he's stable and that it's not life threatening. It happened last night and he will be kept in for a few days. Did say his son was involved in the crash too but didn't comment on his situation.

Bloody hell, I need to read later posts first in future, was seriously concerned there for a few minutes. Best wishes Mick for a speedy recovery, hope its not the windmill arm.

Be nice to know if Mick8 is ok as well (just realised it was his 14 year old son, Jack, still hope he's ok as well)

FFS was that a sensationalist bit by SSN? My understanding of a injury in a serious road crash is not a broken arm

Agreed - must be a 'slow day' for the journo's today - not a lot of news out there.

(Edit - Having said that and just read a further report, given that the driver of the car, one of Micks colleagues, sadly died at the scene then I guess they are correct in using the term 'serious road crash'. However the headline is still somewhat out of context.)

As for Mick - he's probably taken harder knocks on the field during his day, no worries - he'll be fit for the next game... ;)

Edited by Micky

FFS was that a sensationalist bit by SSN? My understanding of a injury in a serious road crash is not a broken arm

Maybe not so sensational after all...

Mick and Jack's injuries might not be too serious, but the Echo report says that the driver of the vehicle died...