Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

on my regular inside job on Pompeyonlie,

Seems McInnes was on the radio last night.

One of the web toed fellas has summarised it for us.

Paul Walsh good footballer but a din.

Budget to spend in jan and players to leave also.

Unhappy with sondico and they look like goners.

Anything less than play offs is failure.

Money now banked from land deal and ringed for redevelopment as promised.

So thats goodnight Awful Andy then.

on my regular inside job on Pompeyonlie,

Seems McInnes was on the radio last night.

One of the web toed fellas has summarised it for us.

Paul Walsh good footballer but a din.

Budget to spend in jan and players to leave also.

Unhappy with sondico and they look like goners.

Anything less than play offs is failure.

Money now banked from land deal and ringed for redevelopment as promised.

So thats goodnight Awful Andy then.

I'm not a gambling man but quite willing to bet they won't make the play-offs.

Hereford United wound up with debts of £166k. Makes me sick what them lot got away with.

As I've said before, it would have been incredibly embarrassing if the Premier League had a club in it that went bust. They were never going to allow it to happen. As for non-league, no embarrassment there. No spotlight.

According to Brian Howe there's trouble at the training ground. Wall in the shower room collapsed and trouble with two of the pitches for balance knobhead Neil says its just a leak.

Whichever way, I guess that's what happens when you do it yourself in between pizza breaks.

According to Brian Howe there's trouble at the training ground. Wall in the shower room collapsed and trouble with two of the pitches for balance knobhead Neil says its just a leak.

Whichever way, I guess that's what happens when you do it yourself in between pizza breaks.

Serves them right for using the shower and not the proper toilet.

My bizarre life took me to a restaurant the other night and who was there but Mr Catlin and one of his friends, a senior partner at pompey's legal firm.

I make no judgement, they are obviously buddies beyond business - so it's just an observation, and an insight into what I get up to after dark.

There were several pix up on the wall, one of David Cameron, and one of the glorious FA Cup 'win'...

Though I was slightly taken back when Catlin ordered everything off the menu, asked to pay just a fifth of the bill and eventually just paid 1% of the price for one garlic bread while expecting the rest of the kitchen and waiting staff to pick up the tab.*

*I made up some of the last bit.

Derby day in the North East today. I'm 27 and often wonder if I'll see a derby (cups permitting) this side of 50. I highly doubt it :D

Where were you 11 years ago when we beat them 3-0 (with Dodd straight in form the corner, a Pahars wonder goal and a late Beattie header)? I had the pleasure of sitting next to my P****y supporting brother for that game. Needless to say he kept very very quiet all game.

Where were you 11 years ago when we beat them 3-0 (with Dodd straight in form the corner, a Pahars wonder goal and a late Beattie header)? I had the pleasure of sitting next to my P****y supporting brother for that game. Needless to say he kept very very quiet all game.

Dodd didn't score, it got given as a Matty Taylor OG FFS

You dreamt that. The game never took place and neither did the "Incident" at the Joiners.

The South Coast Derby only started after March 2004 if you ask any skate. The years before that have been swept under the carpet like an unwanted electricity bill.

They did remember the 2-0 win at the Dell in 1987/8 as a Fanzine celebrating the win was created.

At the time it was Pompey's first win over us in 11 games stretching back to 1963/4 so you could understand the outpouring of relief

I thought it was Schemmel who was awarded it. Can't be ar53d to look it up, either way it didn't happen and I wasn't there according to the mythical Port.

No, you're correct, I was thinking of the Matty Taylor penalty that Crouch scored from in 2005, that came from a corner didn't it?

Edited by Big Bad Bob

Just when you thought they couldn't sink any lower.....

There's a little coterie of Ched Evans sympathisers on this forum, in fairness.

She was asking for it m'lud. And he's still appealing it so he probably will get cleared of all the charges or something. And anyway, we've all done it when we've had a few beers, ain't we lads? etc.

Pompey fans don't have the monopoly on Ched - related tw attery.

I thought we'd only played them twice - they never discuss the other 115 years.

Portsmouth FC official history, as told by the bestest:

Won the league before it was cool to do so

Had the FA Cup longer than anyone else, not because of the war or anything

Beat Southampton by three goals on two occasions, the only two times they ever played them, and so are therefore the better of the two clubs

Won the FA Cup again through sheer handwork and determination, not using money that was never there

Treated despicably by the football authorities and deducted points on a few occasions for no apparent reason

Fans take ownership of the club, well sort of

Apparently they now have the best keeper in the division too, according to Mr Awford, so that's nice.

Straw.

Clutching.

Slow news day.

Distract from the league table.

And the lack of filed accounts.

Then again, perhaps Awford is confusing best with busiest?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})