Jack Cork Signing Confirmed

Psycrow

Lallana Schneiderlin Cork Chamberlain

Could be quite a midfield! :)

I like that a lot. Can I for just two seconds dream about these four staying with us till they all retire. OK, back to reality, what a great signing. Very happy with this, I hope he keeps improving and shines over the next few years.

Lallana Schneiderlin Cork Chamberlain

Could be quite a midfield! :)

Or

Maynard/Lambert

Lallana Guly/Lambert/Chaplow Chamberlain

Schneiderlin Cork

VERY happy with Cork signing!!!!!!

Edited by saintpat

Can someone cut the article in Its not on mobile saints web yet

cheers and great news

Saints are delighted to announce the signing of England Under-21 international Jack Cork.

The club's first addition of the summer signals the ambition to compete in this division, with Saints beating a number of clubs from both the Premier League and the Championship to the midfielder's signature. It is a welcome return to St. Mary's for Jack, with the former Chelsea man returning to the south coast almost three years after a half season loan spell at the club during its previous stint at this level.

23 year-old Cork joins for an undisclosed fee from the Premier League giants and is also well known to Saints current management staff having spent an early part of his career with Nigel Adkins and Andy Crosby at S****horpe.

Jack is a midfielder by trade, but is also versatile enough to play in defence which he showed at the recent England Under-21s fixture at St. Mary's where he featured at right back as the Three Lions kept a clean sheet against their Norwegian counterparts.

Cork has been a Chelsea player since the age of 9 where he has captained both the Under-18s and reserves sides at Stamford Bridge. He has represented England at every youth level from Under-16 to Under-21, and has on occasion also been captain.

His father is former Wimbledon and Sheffield United striker Alan Cork, who played professionally from the late seventies to the early nineties predominantly in English football.

Having played for numerous clubs in the Championship on a loan basis, Jack has now decided that St. Mary's is the best place to call home for his blossoming career for the next four years, during which time he aims to return to the Premier League.

Jack Cork said of the move:

"I'm excited really. It all started to happen this morning, I came down and met the Chairman and the Manager today and I'm really happy to get it sorted. This is a big part of my life now in moving away from Chelsea and to feel part of a club like I do here is really nice.

"It was a massive decision to make. I had another year left at Chelsea, but I've been wanting to get away for a while and have been waiting for the right move to present itself. The chance to come to Southampton came along, and having known the manager and having been here before and knowing some of the guys, it just felt like it was the right move for me.

"There were other teams in for me but this always felt like the right option because this Club is really going places and heading in the right direction, so I'm delighted to be here and can't wait for the season to start."