Best goal?

angelman

I know that they are very different, but can't decide whether it is Clyne's

or Pelle's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwOHyJVpn34 (before it get's taken down)

http://www.thefootballcafe.com/goals/pelle-vs-qpr/

I think that I would have to go for Clyne's. But what do I know. I thought Osvaldo's was goal of the season last year, but no one else did because of his behaviour.

Pelle. A half decent keeper would have saved Clyne's despite it being a proper hit.

I disagree if I'm honest. Maybe it's having played as a keeper a fair bit (I was never particularly great at it), but there's very little you can do when a ball moving at that pace changes direction so drastically so close to you. Don't think many keepers would have stopped that one if I'm honest.

Hard to pick a winner of the two, both absolute stunners in their own right. I'm going to go Pellè, athleticism like that in a man of his stature just tips it for me.

Both great goals, both important goals....but for me, it was Pelle. It was the sheer audacity to even try it...the touch to flick it up to the perfect position, and then bang. That wasn't luck, that wasn't poor defending...it was just sheer class at every point.

ruud gullet said the only mistake he saw from the QPR defender (caulker?) was that he ever went down clutching his face. it certainly would have put the ref under a bit of pressure to make a decision on dangerous play/high foot. you do seem them given from time to time.

ruud gullet said the only mistake he saw from the QPR defender (caulker?) was that he ever went down clutching his face. it certainly would have put the ref under a bit of pressure to make a decision on dangerous play/high foot. you do seem them given from time to time.

Ex professional says player should have cheated shock.

A few weeks ago, I think against Newcastle, Pelle went for an overhead kick and the ref blew for dangerous play. Inconsistency once again.

I see a big difference between Clyne and Jagielka. Jag's just saw it coming to him and hit it first time. It could have ended up anywhere but fair does to him, it curled away from the keeper and was unstoppable. Clyne, obviously took a touch to control it and I am sure that the back spin on the ball helped him.

Jagielka's was important as it rescued a point in an important game, and initially I thought it was the better goal (than Pelle's), but after seeing Pelle's on telly (as oppose to seeing it live) I think his was the better strike. Better than Clyne's too IMO.

I did rate Osvaldo's goal last season though, a touch of class that we saw all too little of from him.

A few weeks ago, I think against Newcastle, Pelle went for an overhead kick and the ref blew for dangerous play. Inconsistency once again.

Or.......one was dangerous and the other wasnt. Not all overhead kicks involve kicking someone in the face.

For me, Pelle's goal is the best i have seen from a saints player in years. Just ****ing brilliant.

Or.......one was dangerous and the other wasnt. Not all overhead kicks involve kicking someone in the face.

For me, Pelle's goal is the best i have seen from a saints player in years. Just ****ing brilliant.

Thanks for that Captain obvious, but neither of the incidents involved kicking someone in the face - in fact Pelle was CLOSER to kicking Caulker when he scored than he was when the foul was given.

Pelle or Delap should be the real debate...

Why? You might have noticed that the commonality is that they happened this season. If you want to go into the past, then neither stack up to Danny Wallace's goal. Or some of MLTs. So no, it shouldn't be the "real debate", that's just being ridiculous.

I'm sorry for polluting your thread. I am an utter helmet. I was only joking, but to be fair, they're similar goals scored in the same competition at the same end (i think) of the same stadium. I will take my ridiculousness off elsewhere as this clearly isn't the place to be making lighthearted comments.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Why? You might have noticed that the commonality is that they happened this season. If you want to go into the past, then neither stack up to Danny Wallace's goal. Or some of MLTs. So no, it shouldn't be the "real debate", that's just being ridiculous.

Chill! So uptight!

Is this what living in the UK does to people?

• 4 weeks later...

I know the season is but young, but we are putting away some quite interesting goals. I love this one, although I know that the defender gave him too much room.

Maybe I am doing a disservice to those from last season, but the two that stick out for me are the Osvaldo one, and Lallana against Newcastle.

• 6 months later...

Now that the season has but one game left, goal of the season......

Pelle vs QPR

Clyne vs Arsenal (league cup)

Pelle vs Stoke (league cup)

Wanyama vs Hull

Long vs Villa

Have I missed any worthy ones off? Mané vs Arsenal.

For me, it's Pelle's (QPR) followed by Long's.

I thought Pelle's goal against Villa over the weekend was pretty good. The 1-2 between Mane and Djuricic (who back-heeled the return,no less) before a sweet cross from Mane and Pelle finishing off the move. But I guess it's not really goal of the season worthy, those seem to mostly comprise of long range efforts.

Pelle's v QPR for me, that was epic. Important goal as well seeing as QPR had just equalized, with a great goal from themselves as well.

I agree with Max above as well - the 6th at the weekend was quality, so quick and fluid. I don't think many teams would have been able to defend against that quick move.

Pellè vs QPR without a doubt - you rarely see goals like that. Austin did something unorthodox and impressive but Pellè trumped him 2 minutes later.

I like the last goal against Villa too - the interplay between Djuricic and Mané, finalised by Pellè's nonchalant volley up into the net. Barca-esque.

I don't even remember the League Cup goals, so that rules those two out...

Long's was technically very nice but I've scored a few of those myself so can't say it's massively difficult with that kind of time and space (and I was already yelling for him to hit it early so it's not like it was the kind of quick-thinking only the very top players can achieve); Wanyama's was decent too, needed to happen exactly as it did to have gone in and he made that happen - I think it was probably a better goal even though it wasn't as pretty.

But Pelle's was excellent, he teed himself up and just to get his mass into the air to hit the ball, never mind bury it, puts it top of my list.

The Schneiderlin one against Newcastle was great too, but has to be watched in its entirety to be fully appreciated, and ain't nobody got time for that.

Last goal against Villa was nice too, especially Djuricic's flick, but mostly it's just a cross and sidefoot in against a terrible defence at 5-1 up.

Suprised no mention for Schneiderlin vs Newcastle or Mane third vs Villa for the whole move in both goals.

Agreed. Brilliant play from Long, perfect placement by Sadio. The fact it set a record that is sure to stand for years kinda adds something as well.