Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

Steve Bruce is apparently on the verge of leaving Hull

Our meltdowns aren't as fun as other clubs' :(

I've seen him interviewed a few times pre-season & he's been so forthright and honest about things there, it wouldn't surprise me if he left.

He knows he's likely on borrowed time with the take-over in the background there.

Aren't Hull going through some sort of 'takeover', and the new guys have said they're not sure about keeping bruce on? (I'm sure I read something along those lines). Don't blame him, I think he's been actively looking for a get out for a while.

Aren't Hull going through some sort of 'takeover', and the new guys have said they're not sure about keeping bruce on? (I'm sure I read something along those lines). Don't blame him, I think he's been actively looking for a get out for a while.

Pretty much, and takeover will rumble on.

http://mobile.hullcitytigers.com//news/article/2016-17/takeover-update-3197377.aspx

So that's Hull and Sunderland looking pretty fcked.

Bruce wasn't popular at Sunderland being a geordie and doubt he'd go back. Seems crazy to get to a situation where your successful manager leaves a few weeks before the season though. Bruce is best off waiting to see who gets sacked first this season now, although obviously pompey will be eager to swoop.

I've been told this afternoon that Moyes will be announced as Sunderland manager today. Ellis Short sacked Bruce so won't be having him back.

Bruce as Big Sam's No.2 for England though?

I've been told this afternoon that Moyes will be announced as Sunderland manager today.

Ellis Short sacked Bruce so won't be having him back.

Bruce as Big Sam's No.2 for England though?

well .......if Steve Bruce has left Hull ....and David Moyes is going to Sunderland...and Sammy Lee has the England no.2 job..

.......then which Prem. manager is for the chop now?...... .before the season's even started?.

Mmm...you mean he'd leave Spurs?...:rolleyes:....we can live in hope.

He's an ambitious manager - hopefully the appeal of pulling messi out of retirement for 1 last tournament and winning the World Cup is enough to pull him away.

Then we can all laugh.

Liverpool have just signed Wijnaldum for £25m..

When Newcastle bought him for around £15m. He got 11 goals and 5 assists last season. Good or bad deal? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well ..the last time Liverpool bought a striker from Newcastle - he cost them £35 million and he was a complete disaster........will history repeat itself?

PALACE BID FOR BERAHINO

Crystal Palace have made a bid for West Brom striker Saido Berahino, according to Sky sources.

It is believed the offer is worth in excess of a bid made for the player by Stoke City earlier this week. We understand Stoke’s offer was £20m.

Both clubs are still awaiting a response for the offers.

PALACE BID FOR BERAHINO

Crystal Palace have made a bid for West Brom striker Saido Berahino, according to Sky sources.

It is believed the offer is worth in excess of a bid made for the player by Stoke City earlier this week. We understand Stoke’s offer was £20m.

Both clubs are still awaiting a response for the offers.

'Pool should've just yes to their Benteke offer. Madness not to.

HORNETS EYE ARSENAL MAN

Watford are eyeing up Arsenal defender Calum Chambers, according to the Watford Observer.

The club have not yet made any loan signings and have two such moves available to strengthen their squad following Chelsea loanee Nathan Ake’s switch to Bournemouth.

New coach Walter Mazzarri is looking into using a back-three and wants at least one more centre-back before the start of the season.

Liverpool have just signed Wijnaldum for £25m.. When Newcastle bought him for around £15m. He got 11 goals and 5 assists last season. Good or bad deal?
Ask Lallana.

With no Europe and a crowded Liverpool midfield, I am wondering what his minutes are going to be like this upcoming season.

Ask Lallana.

With no Europe and a crowded Liverpool midfield, I am wondering what his minutes are going to be like this upcoming season.

It's not important to AL if he plays....just being around Klopp is much more important.

adam-lallana_3476262b.jpg

The compensation would be astronomical and I can't imagine the Argie FA are that strong financially that they can out muscle Spurs. Plus he probably doesn't want that job now and can think he'll get another shot at it sometime in the next fifteen years.

It only becomes funny if he say he really wants it. Fingers crossed.

The compensation would be astronomical and I can't imagine the Argie FA are that strong financially that they can out muscle Spurs. Plus he probably doesn't want that job now and can think he'll get another shot at it sometime in the next fifteen years.

It only becomes funny if he say he really wants it. Fingers crossed.

To some extent you've got to wonder if Messi un-retiring for one last World Cup could be too good to turn down. Argentina will be waiting a long time before they can challenge again once Messi is retired - if he could win them the World Cup he'll be a national hero

Eurosport FR reporting Mahrez has agreed personal terms with Arsenal.

If it's true, I should imagine news will spread quickly.

#OxWatch

It's harsh to watch this happening to Leicester tbh, being picked apart by the vultures as we were, just because they had success.

And why do Arsenal need another attacking player? Wenger has his priorities all wrong again.

They need a striker and a CB.

It's harsh to watch this happening to Leicester tbh, being picked apart by the vultures as we were, just because they had success.

And why do Arsenal need another attacking player? Wenger has his priorities all wrong again.

They need a striker and a CB.

I've been (jokingly) saying Arsenal will sign a diminutive attacking midfielder all summer and there we go :)

If it's true, surely Ox is finished at Arsenal now? Could also potentially see Leicester going for Boufal as replacement.

Agree with you you on Leicester - just shows you that even when you reach the pinnacle, players find an excuse to chase the money.

I've been (jokingly) saying Arsenal will sign a diminutive attacking midfielder all summer and there we go :)

If it's true, surely Ox is finished at Arsenal now? Could also potentially see Leicester going for Boufal as replacement.

Agree with you you on Leicester - just shows you that even when you reach the pinnacle, players find an excuse to chase the money.

Ox would be a fantastic signing.

N'ZOGBIA'S SUNDERLAND DEAL?

Charles N’Zogbia has moved closer to earning a contract at Sunderland after he was included in the squad for this week’s training camp in France, according to The Northern Echo.

The French midfielder, who is a free agent following the end of his previous deal at Aston Villa, has been given a chance to show his worth to new Sunderland manager David Moyes.

Mahrez to Chelsea.

And then Vardy to Arsenal? I hope so!!

Some might think it petty but I hope it happens and their team is ripped apart. What modicum of success that we have had pails into insignificance with what LCFC achieved. For them to then be dismantled reinforces what a **** league/sport this really is. We got picked apart in a similar way to what seemingly will happen to LCFC. A player wanting to move + a good fee = a transfer. You can't blame the players. Sure they have CL this season, but it is more than likely to be a one off. They sign a 5 year contract at Chelsea/Arsenal and they are likely to get CL 3-5 times in that 5 year contract.

The sad thing is, that those in charge of the game are more than happy for the big 6 to be able to steam roll everyone else and for the top 4 to be, save for last year, a closed shop.

And then Vardy to Arsenal? I hope so!!

Some might think it petty but I hope it happens and their team is ripped apart. What modicum of success that we have had pails into insignificance with what LCFC achieved. For them to then be dismantled reinforces what a **** league/sport this really is. We got picked apart in a similar way to what seemingly will happen to LCFC. A player wanting to move + a good fee = a transfer. You can't blame the players. Sure they have CL this season, but it is more than likely to be a one off. They sign a 5 year contract at Chelsea/Arsenal and they are likely to get CL 3-5 times in that 5 year contract.

The sad thing is, that those in charge of the game are more than happy for the big 6 to be able to steam roll everyone else and for the top 4 to be, save for last year, a closed shop.

not sad when we did it in league 1.

we blew everyone out of the water financially in that league. bit rich to moan now we are not the big boys

just the way it is. Now, Leicester could just say no.

Really Batman? Can you tell me how we blew everyone else out of the water in L1?

Lambert cost more than the next 3 big signings that SEASON combined

2 out of 3 of those next biggest signings.....guess who they signed for....? the other player was Grant Holt

not many teams in league 1 when we were there could buy a £1m defender from the league above, beating a prem team to his signature and get him to DROP down a league.

lambert admitted his (if i remember rightly) wages quadrupled when he joined us.

we never had to sell a single player to survive or finance anything. which is rare in league 1 and we had very big crowds compared to about 20 teams

Kelvin davis was happy to to turn down a prem club to stay. Now, I know he likes it here but lets not pretend he did it out of charity

I wonder if Bristol Rovers thought it was fair game that we swiped their top player, or Dagenham thought it was all part of the fun that we could pay a single player for more than their running costs

Edited by Batman