The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

UA certainly do with Rugby shirts, they'll sell a supporters shirt and a match shirt like that the players wear, Nike have done it too with Barca kits and a lot of the Euros international designs, so we'll see.

I think too few people in Southampton would buy them to make it worthwhile.

No idea, but it's getting f**king tedious now. Does any other club drag it out this much FFS?

I'm only waiting so I can buy my son his first kit now he's just turning 2.

Agree, it's only a kit for god sake, it'll have stripes and be worn whilst playing football, that is it. Most people will just say "Yeah, that's ok, how much does it cost?"

No idea, but it's getting f**king tedious now. Does any other club drag it out this much FFS?

I'm only waiting so I can buy my son his first kit now he's just turning 2.

Agree, it's only a kit for god sake, it'll have stripes and be worn whilst playing football, that is it. Most people will just say "Yeah, that's ok, how much does it cost?"

What's the problem? So they drag it out a little and have some fun with it.

People are always complaining about how the game is just a business now, but then the club looks to do something a little bit different in an effort to engage new and existing fans, and it's suddenly a major hassle.

Not costing you anything to sit and wait.

It's not really obscene though, go check out how much you'd pay for a Gucci t-shirt with no technical qualities to it, just a cotton shirt with a print on. £510 on Mr Porter. Now that, it could be argued, is fairly obscene for a t-shirt so £50 for a 'performance' sports shirt is not too bad.

The plain red shirt from 3 years ago was £50 with our badge and sponsor on it- or £15 for the exact same thing from the Adidas teamwear shop. We are not paying for the quality of the shirt; we are paying a 300% markup for a team badge. I don't think they should be £15, I just have a problem with the rising cost year after year for no apparent reason.

The plain red shirt from 3 years ago was £50 with our badge and sponsor on it- or £15 for the exact same thing from the Adidas teamwear shop. We are not paying for the quality of the shirt; we are paying a 300% markup for a team badge. I don't think they should be £15, I just have a problem with the rising cost year after year for no apparent reason.

Supply and Demand mate... ;)

Supply and Demand mate... ;)

That implies there is some restriction in supply? It is simple rip off pricing in a non competitive market but then we are used to that with football These could clearly be sold much cheaper and still generate significant profits for all concerned but selling them at an over inflated price boosts everyones profits keeping the rich guys happy!

That implies there is some restriction in supply? It is simple rip off pricing in a non competitive market but then we are used to that with football These could clearly be sold much cheaper and still generate significant profits for all concerned but selling them at an over inflated price boosts everyones profits keeping the rich guys happy!

Why on Earth would anyone sell them cheaper, when they could sell thousands for £50 a pop?

Capitalism - Clubs will continue to charge that as long as people will pay it. The only way it will change is if everyone boycotts them.

Where the f**k is it then ?

Fed up of the club dragging this out.

And if this runs to form, we wont even see the away kit today.

The wind has changed and the boat hasn't made it yet.

That's not how economics works. It will change according to sales, if they drop enough, price will have to follow or at least freeze for a while or they'll see revenues fall. You don't need EVERYONE to stop buying them. Same with ticket sales, it's not whether anyone still turns out, it's whether you're selling out the allocation. With such a popular sport and league, empty seats suggest a sub-standard product or prices stopping people attending.

Shirts are a rip off but not a vital part of supporting. Just buy the one you like most. I have a retro one personally. Tougher for parents when kids always want the latest one and full kit, every season is a bit much. But then kits were near £40 when I was growing up so guess they haven't gone up that much, just the regularity.

Okay, not literally everyone but it would take a noticeable drop in sales for them to lower prices.

We are doing similiar movies when launching products where I work - this short movies costs a fortune so Saints have spent a lot of money for this and I must admit I like the idea of a build up like this. Great work from Saints PR department here.