Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

If true... Nathan Redmond to replace Juanmi, Sofiane Boufal to replace Sadio Mane. :smug:

Transfer. Southampton offers 30 million euros to Lille Boufal

The path of the Premier League seems to specify daily for Sofiane Boufal. Another English club adds to the list of clubs interested in Moroccan international services. This is Southampton who have made an offer of 30 million euros.

Sofiane Boufal has not yet decided about his future. But according to several sources, the middle LOSC would be very close to the English league. Several Premier League clubs have also expressed her interest for his services, such as Chelsea and Arsenal.

Apart from the great English training, Southampton also entered the race to recruit the Lion of the Atlas. Club officials have indeed made an offer of 30 million euros to the direction of Lille.

If we follow the logic, Sofiane Boufal should sign in Southampton that seeks to overcome the departure of the Senegalese international, Sadio Mané, sold to Liverpool there are only a few days, against 36 million euros. Recruitment that had also ruled out the Boufal track to join the Reds.

http://sport.le360.ma/marocains-du-monde/transfert-southampton-propose-30-millions-deuros-lille-pour-boufal-12611?utm_content=bufferc4663&utm_medium=Le360fr&utm_source=Twitter.com&utm_campaign=Publipostage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1417CiH0SCg

Know little about him myself, did some googling and looked at whoscored, scored 11 in 29 last year and was rated 5th best player in the league according to them behind Zlatan, Di Maria, Thiago Silve and Ben Arfa.

Played mainly wide left, but also behind the striker and the right.

Worrying disciplinary record for a forward though, 10 yellows and 2 reds, is he bit of hot head?

All looks promising, though Ramirez was about the same age, he had also just had a good season in Serie A and had a good youtube vid.

Seems very Mane like though, quick forward who dribbles at people, scores goals etc.

Plus today's €30 million is probably 2012s £12 million. Also based on the exchange we got like €43 million for Mane, so this is about 70% of the Mane fee.

Interesting Arsenal are after him, if Chelsea or Arsenal are serious then we'll miss out but if it's Arsenal that get him should be even easier to get Chamberlain as Boufal will be yet another obstacle for him and first team football.

If Arsenal, Chelsea and Barca are all interested as well - hopefully we can just be quick and get it done ASAP, seems like our best chance.

If they have time to go through their 1st/2nd/3rd targets and then have to go for him we would stand no chance.

If Arsenal, Chelsea and Barca are all interested as well - hopefully we can just be quick and get it done ASAP, seems like our best chance.

If they have time to go through their 1st/2nd/3rd targets and then have to go for him we would stand no chance.

Unfortunately we will just have to wait and hope, as the player will certainly have heard the other teams might be interested and will want to see what transpires.

I will be pleasantly surprised if we pull this off but imagine there will be bigger clubs circling.

Still, if this is the calibre of replacement we are after for Mane I will be content.

I guess there comes a point were the bigger clubs don't/can't sign anyone else..to leave us in with a chance.

Maybe we get to a Wanyama type situation where some of the bigger teams are interested but happy to let us take the chance. then so be it if they have to spend £20m more to sign him in a couple of years after proving himself.

personally, happy with that to get a player that looks to have real quality.

Hardly a reputable source though - could just be rumours based on Puel being appointed and him being a French league veteran

Lol....no chance of landing him with some of the other clubs that are sniffing around. Our previous big signings did not do so well so spending 30m Euros on this guy would not fill me with confidence. We seem to get real gems in the 8-12 million range (Pelle, Tadic, VVD, Redmond, Bertrand, Long) as opposed to the big money bracket (osvaldo, Ramirez)

Lol....no chance of landing him with some of the other clubs that are sniffing around. Our previous big signings did not do so well so spending 30m Euros on this guy would not fill me with confidence. We seem to get real gems in the 8-12 million range (Pelle, Tadic, VVD, Redmond, Bertrand, Long) as opposed to the big money bracket (osvaldo, Ramirez)
Wasn't Ramirez 11m?

Osvaldo was only just out of that bracket... we've never gone for anyone this expensive so no comparisons exist.

Probably being used to encourage Chelsea into making a bid since they are the other club supposedly with big interest in him. Much in the same way Batshuayi's people made Palace interest public to draw out a firm offer from Chelsea.

You have to wonder whether Ramirez and Osvaldo were Cortese vanity signings that did not go through the usual scouting process, certainly Osvaldo never appeared to fit the mould of player we look for with regards to mentality/personality etc.

(also Ramirez was only £12 million, he fitted the criteria most of our other buys have fitted, i.e young player, playing top league football, potential to improve etc.)

IF Boufal has been scouted as we scout other players and the club have done the due diligence on him and IF the club thinks he is worth that fee then I'd trust him.

But waiting for a more concrete link. If anything it could be just an easy link to make considering we need a Mane replacement, we have funds from Mane and we've just appointed a French manager. Probably the agent trying to entice Arsenal/Chelsea into a bid.

You have to wonder whether Ramirez and Osvaldo were Cortese vanity signings that did not go through the usual scouting process, certainly Osvaldo never appeared to fit the mould of player we look for with regards to mentality/personality etc.

(also Ramirez was only £12 million, he fitted the criteria most of our other buys have fitted, i.e young player, playing top league football, potential to improve etc.)

IF Boufal has been scouted as we scout other players and the club have done the due diligence on him and IF the club thinks he is worth that fee then I'd trust him.

But waiting for a more concrete link. If anything it could be just an easy link to make considering we need a Mane replacement, we have funds from Mane and we've just appointed a French manager. Probably the agent trying to entice Arsenal/Chelsea into a bid.

Osvaldo was Poch's incoming manager signing promise, just as Pelle was Koemans. Thankfully the latter turned out better. Ramirez was just unfortunate, no reason for him to not work out. He had all the signs of great player but couldn't adjust to UK and Poch's style and was injury prone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23760294

Transfer. Southampton offer 30 million euros to Lille for Boufal

The path of the Premier League seems to take shape from day to day for Sofiane Boufal. Another English club is added to the list of clubs interested in the services of the Moroccan international. It is Southampton who have made an offer of 30 million euros.

Sofiane Boufal has not yet decided his future. But according to several sources, the LOSC midfielder is apparently very close to the English league. Several Premier League clubs have also expressed their interest for his services, such as Chelsea and Arsenal.

Apart from the great English clubs, Southampton has also entered the race to recruit the Lion of the Atlas. Club officials apparently have indeed made an offer of 30 million euros to the Lille directors.

If we follow this logic, Sofiane Boufal should sign for Southampton, who look to overcome the departure of the Senegalese international, Sadio Mané, sold to Liverpool only a few days ago, for 36 million euros. A recruitment that had also ruled out Boufal to join the Reds.

A better translation of the article

Even if we don't get him, if its true we made such a bid its positive we've allocated such a large amount to replacing Sadio Mane and we look elsewhere with that cash.

This is true, MLG. I'm still surprised we'd make that sort of outlay (surprised, not disappointed).

He certainly looks the part. I'm used to us making £25m players, not buying them :)

Ed Aarons ‏@ed_aarons 1m1 minute ago Camberwell, London

Told that rumours of 30m euro bid from Southampton for Sofiane #Boufal are premature although club is interested in Lille forward #saintsfc

Seems talk of a bid is premature.

another update from get football france:

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/no-southampton-bid-for-sofiane-boufal/

No bid, but one could be made by the end of the week.

Edited by Bewildered

Repeat after me, "I must not get carried away with a youtube video!".

I must not get carried away with a youtube video!

OHMYFARKINGGODHESAMAZINGSIGNHIMNAOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I missing something here?

All he looks to me is someone that can do step-overs and fall over a lot. Can't pass, can't cross. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

That money would be better spent on Ox.

You got all that from one YouTube video? Impressive.

Am I missing something here?

All he looks to me is someone that can do step-overs and fall over a lot. Can't pass, can't cross. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

That money would be better spent on Ox.

Yep - based on that vid lots of tricks and no end product.