Saints 0 Man Utd 0 - Buildup, Match and over-reactions Thread

Heisenberg

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

really? I though it was pretty entertaining game and we played well particularly 2nd half. Created some decent chances and should have won.

Impressed how well jack Stephens has developed since his introduction. Would be happy to see him alongside Virgil needn't season (here's hoping)

Just need to tinker a little bit and we can be title contenders next season with Puel. Defensively we're good enough, a bit more firepower and we'll be right up there.

Heisenberg would be proud of this wind up.

Decent second half, the football was not as bad as some make out, but the bottom line is we don't score. Out finishing is woeful, but I think it's a combination of poor final ball and passing the buck. As for the penalties, somebody needs to step up and put their lakes through it, not pretty but nobody will whinge if the keeper saves it.

Still happy to give CP a second season, but we could really do with an injury free, settled season next year.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Good performance' date=' terrible result. Only one team interested in that and we still couldn't score. Don't feel like the balance in the final third is right regardless of personnel. Not sure if it is tactics or the players themselves just not being compatible.[/quote']

The tactics are awful. We are too slow, don't go past anyone and we make dreadful substitutions.

You wont have a better chance to beat united. They played at 30-40% all game.

Jose was motionless until Martial made a small sprint towards the end and you could see Jose telling him to calm down :lol: :lol:

if we had won you would have said it was against a weak side. You show no balance, just try to unsettle everyone with your intention to destabilise things

So what logic does Puel use for player selection decisions?

Boufal has been woeful (see what I did there?) and yet he still gets to come on and give the ball away continuously !

Boufal changed things when he came on....quite a few on here have a pre-conceived idea about him being a dud. He's a good player who will get better. The second half was so much better. Tadic played well, Yoshida was good, Cedric before his injury and JWP played well.

Decent second half, the football was not as bad as some make out, but the bottom line is we don't score. Out finishing is woeful, but I think it's a combination of poor final ball and passing the buck. As for the penalties, somebody needs to step up and put their lakes through it, not pretty but nobody will whinge if the keeper saves it.

Still happy to give CP a second season, but we could really do with an injury free, settled season next year.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Agreed

Just need to tinker a little bit and we can be title contenders next season with Puel. Defensively we're good enough, a bit more firepower and we'll be right up there.

if you keep posting the same sentiments every 2 minutes I reckon it'll sink in before the end of the game if you're lucky...

Do either of you ever go to any games? Every time I look at a match thread they are trolled all over by you two.

Do either of you ever go to any games? Every time I look at a match thread they are trolled all over by you two.

Pamplemousse certainly doesn't as if he did there's no way he'd be as staunch a Puel supporter.

Played pretty well tonight but - possibly not for the first time this season, particularly at home - no real cutting edge. And that my friends is EVER SO SLIGHTLY FRUSTRATING.

I cannot believe we have missed 3 penalties in 5 games - all by different players - costing us 6 fecking points. I am firmly in the wouldn't be bothered at all if Claude got the sack camp but that, quite simply, is not his fault.

really? I though it was pretty entertaining game and we played well particularly 2nd half. Created some decent chances and should have won.

Impressed how well jack Stephens has developed since his introduction. Would be happy to see him alongside Virgil needn't season (here's hoping)

Totally agree about Stephens. Beginning to really look the part.

Southampton NIL.

Too deep, too slow, too predictable.

Gabbi is so isolated. Really feel for him.

JWP's best game for a while. Not sure why he was substituted.

Decent games for back 5 too.

Davis losing the ball a lot as usual, Tadic missing again, Redmond not good. Romeu decent.

Same ole, same ole!!

Says the person who got me banned for 'trolling' while being its greatest exponent ... :mcinnes:

Pamplemousse certainly doesn't as if he did there's no way he'd be as staunch a Puel supporter.

I wouldn't say I'm a staunch supporter of Puel, I just don't believe that sacking the manager is the answer. We're in 8th position now (as high as Pochettino got us...), maybe we'll drop as low as 10th, but that's a good platform to build on next season. Scoring goals, particularly at home, is a problem that needs to be addressed. Although missing penalties doesn't exactly help...

At the end of the day, it's all about results. Nobody would be complaining if we were winning. Start next season well, bring in some new additions, and let's get this Premier League title snapped up (that last part was tongue in cheek ;) )

I wouldn't say I'm a staunch supporter of Puel, I just don't believe that sacking the manager is the answer. We're in 8th position now (as high as Pochettino got us...), maybe we'll drop as low as 10th, but that's a good platform to build on next season. Scoring goals, particularly at home, is a problem that needs to be addressed. Although missing penalties doesn't exactly help...

At the end of the day, it's all about results. Nobody would be complaining if we were winning. Start next season well, bring in some new additions, and let's get this Premier League title snapped up (that last part was tongue in cheek ;) )

Poch took us from a newly promoted team with a squad that included players like Hooiveld and Danny Fox to 8th in the table. Puel has taken a very good squad of players and finished in the same position but we are closer to the relegation places than to the place immediately above. In any other season our points tally would be good enough for about 13th which, considering we finished 6th last year, isn't good enough.

Problem for me is that we've had the same problems since August and have continually been making excuses for Puel but he just cannot rectify it. That, for me, means he's got to go. I saw a stat on Sky Sports the other day that, bar Boro, every team that has changed their manager has done so for the better points wise. I'm not sure consistency is all it's cracked up to be and that m convinced Puel should be getting more out of the squad we have.

Southampton NIL.

Too deep, too slow, too predictable.

Gabbi is so isolated. Really feel for him.

JWP's best game for a while. Not sure why he was substituted.

Decent games for back 5 too.

Davis losing the ball a lot as usual, Tadic missing again, Redmond not good. Romeu decent.

Same ole, same ole!!

Another post of yours that is right on the money and sums up my thoughts. Midfield is terrible, lack of mobility, pace and power bar Oriol and an improving JWP. Back 5 OK, Jack has been a bright spot. Davis great servant, squad player not first XI now but also being exposed by Puel's slow and laboured style, better in a quick tempo. Redmond will be better under a new manager too, not suited to Puel's style and system. Romeu would do well in any system. PEH has been ruined.

Any striker would struggle with no-one gambling and getting within 30 yards of him. Even Messi or Ronaldo would struggle.

Good luck after the Stoke game back in France Claude - I don't think even a 25-0 win would save you now. The players gave their all within the style and system but are clearly not happy.

I cannot believe we have missed 3 penalties in 5 games - all by different players - costing us 6 fecking points.
well, it's cost us 4 points, but yeah that is pretty embarrassing. My reaction is supposed to be "hell yeah!!!!!" and not "oh no" when we wins penalty.

You give me 3 PK chances I bet I make at least 1.

We all know bar Claude it seems we need to address the attacking 3 and scoring goals, he's had all f*****g season but still no closer to an answer, subs tonight were a joke, Redmond was **** poor , playing 1 up front gabbi was isolated as was Jayrod both looked peed off at times when runs were made but we haven't anyone to slot them through

Season ticket has cost me £37.89 per goal so far. :scared:

That and the renewal numbers is what will do for Puel, on top of the existing rumour that Mrs Puel isn't enjoying England much. St Etienne job might suit both parties. Bit concerned about who might replace him though given the on/off takeover and Lander.

**** knows what game some of you lot were watching we were the better side played some really nice football and they have their keeper to thank for the draw. They never really troubled us at all.

Can't believe we've missed three pens in one season has that ever happened before?

I will say though that their back up keeper looks a million miles better than our first choice....

**** knows what game some of you lot were watching we were the better side played some really nice football and they have their keeper to thank for the draw. They never really troubled us at all.

Can't believe we've missed three pens in one season has that ever happened before?

I will say though that their back up keeper looks a million miles better than our first choice....

Thought most of his saves were pretty routine, wouldn't put any of them in the top drawer category.

He's gambling on the Europa final - plus as we know they have got the LC in the bag. Equally awful to watch as Puel's Saints though and might be on a sticky wicket next term but safe for this summer.

Amazing how these two managers produced such an entertaining LC Final! If Saints played like that even every 3 or 4 games Puel would be in no danger.

well, it's cost us 4 points, but yeah that is pretty embarrassing. My reaction is supposed to be "hell yeah!!!!!" and not "oh no" when we wins penalty.

You give me 3 PK chances I bet I make at least 1.

Realised about 10 minutes after posting that . Simply can't be ar$ed to learn how to edit though.