Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 2494

Thread: January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

Really havenít missed this place.

Thought Iíd pop back to see if there were any snippets of info but all I see going on is *****ing and in fighting between the usual suspects having a ****ing contest.

Quote Originally Posted by SO16_Saint01 View Post
    Really havenít missed this place.

Thought Iíd pop back to see if there were any snippets of info but all I see going on is *****ing and in fighting between the usual suspects having a ****ing contest.
    Did you not see the Adams speculation? If you're referring to peoples comments about that proposed move, I don't see your issue. Selling / loaning one of only a few strikers is bound to attract opinion. This is a transfer window thread where transfer related matters will be discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    I am not a health professional but as a matter of interest.... how many alcohol units do you think that you consume each week??
    None.

Next question.

I am not a psychologist but how many times are you smug or patronising in a week?

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Theyíre also talking about one million loan fee and £10m buy. If that happens we have lost our minds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thatís lame. We paid 3.5 million loan fee for Danso. I donít like us being stung but if we are, we at least do the same to others as they have the need. Not us. Not sure this move is wise. If we sign Bowen, I retract that caution

Adams to Leeds sounds like itís on. Stupid move by the club. Just when heís looking good. What if Ings gets crocked? Idiots.
    From twitter ex-agent Jimmy McCann:

Leeds main target remains to be Che Adams. They have back ups but everything points to Adams. All that is left to discuss is the obligation to buy. Leeds want it to be optional. Southampton want obligation. Che wants the move. expect this move to happen this window

Oh Christ, not that idiot again. He doesnít know anything, he just rehashes a bunch of rumours weíve all seen else where with some fake pseudo-insight like, "the player is keen, the agent is negotiating over XYZ."

I work out in Hamburg quite a bit, have got to know quite a few of the local lads in the office over there. A few of them are Hamburg fans and have messaged me to say that we are interested in Josh Vagnoman. None of them can provide any firm reports etc so could be rubbish. Dont know anything about him, but he is a defender!

7. Default

Transfermarkt plays him as being able to play lb and rb.

But he broke his tarsal in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Transfermarkt plays him as being able to play lb and rb.

But he broke his tarsal in October.
    Maybe we were interested before the bone break and have switched to Bakker? Ill see if my Hamburg colleagues can provide any links.

Maybe we were interested before the bone break? Maybe its one for the summer?

He's a (highly rated) right back.

Given that he's currently got a broken foot and would cost semi-decent money for us, perhaps we're putting in the groundwork for a summer move, after Cedric has left.

Left back seems to be the manager's priority this window.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Adams to Leeds sounds like itís on. Stupid move by the club. Just when heís looking good. What if Ings gets crocked? Idiots.
    From twitter ex-agent Jimmy McCann:

Leeds main target remains to be Che Adams. They have back ups but everything points to Adams. All that is left to discuss is the obligation to buy. Leeds want it to be optional. Southampton want obligation. Che wants the move. expect this move to happen this window

That is a wind up merchant Twitter account, he is not an agent

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Mockles View Post
    Incorrect. Danny Ings was a loan with an obligation to buy.

If Iím wrong on that, I have no issue with that being shot down. Seems a pretty ridiculous contract to agree to have a loan with an obligation rather than an option to buy. The appearances obligation is a common clause. I hope that wasnít another Les Reed action, if true. Fortunately, Iím not arrogant enough to not admit fault and I donít know that Iím wrong but I had a number of people saying similar things & I thought there might have been something in it. Still, at least the club expert minions may get a chubby over that if itís wrong. Who cares anyway, Ings is on fire this season so Iím bloody glad we have him. Iíve liked him since day one. positive comment shocker. There must be something wrong with my inherent negativity switch!! Lol
    From Liverpool's statement confirming the transfer on 9th August 2018:

Danny Ings has joined Southampton in a deal that will see him loaned to the St Mary's club for 2018-19 and then move to them permanently on July 1, 2019.
    https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...mpton-transfer

I'm torn about Adams. Thought he had turned the corner and Ralph has stated he doesn't want the move but if the player's head has been turned....we know how that can end. If we had an upgrade in mind, then I have no issue whatsoever (if we landed them or didn't allow a move without confirmation of an incoming striker as allegedly happened with the defender chain of events last season if Danso "was" the original target). Knowing our luck, the team have finally turned the corner and the manager will walk for being undermined. Like having the best type of owner (Markus) and then having our poor benefactor pass away unexpectedly.

However, whether we are after Bowen, Gayle or any unknown quantity we haven't seen linked, to lose Adams with the risk of injury to Ings and having merely Obafemi and Long as back up could be suicidal but I don't think even Saints would be that stupid. If Adams does go and the club are merely cashing in for the sake of revenue, then we truly are idiotic but seeing as none of us know or will be privy to this, I guess we wait to hear what comes out in the wash. Doesn't hurt speculating so try not to get a nose bleed. That's part of the transfer window fun. Best part of the football manager games!!

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Marsdinho View Post
    Maybe we were interested before the bone break and have switched to Bakker? Ill see if my Hamburg colleagues can provide any links.

Maybe we were interested before the bone break? Maybe its one for the summer?
    reports listed him to be back "after the Winter break" so its possible, we've purchased crocked players before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    reports listed him to be back "after the Winter break" so its possible, we've purchased crocked players before.
    This is yesterday https://www.instagram.com/p/B7OcMGTo...=1wuuefvzmrpeh

Doesn't look like he's back any time soon.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Marsdinho View Post
    I work out in Hamburg quite a bit, have got to know quite a few of the local lads in the office over there. A few of them are Hamburg fans and have messaged me to say that we are interested in Josh Vagnoman. None of them can provide any firm reports etc so could be rubbish. Dont know anything about him, but he is a defender!
    Hamburg is a class place to have to visit frequently!

Blog Entries

Pongracic is a goer. Walker-Peters still an option, but we want permanent and Spurs want loan with OPTION, not obligation

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Hamburg is a class place to have to visit frequently!
    The Reeperbahn will be the death of me....

Quote Originally Posted by saint_stevo View Post
    Pongracic is a goer. Walker-Peters still an option, but we want permanent and Spurs want loan with OPTION, not obligation
    You'd think it would be the other way round.

Loan with an option, as long as the option is ours, is surely better for us?

Personally don't think we will get a CB as we would be left with 5 others on senior wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadhall Saint View Post
    The Pongracic link is interesting, in that they're basically saying he's off this window for the right price. Granted it may not be to us, but as we're apparently interested, it's not hard to do the Maths. Yes, Stephens and Bednarek have formed a decent partnership at CB, but I'm in the "need another CB" camp in case one gets injured or suspended, especially as we will most probably lose Yoshida at the end of the season, have no faith in Vestergaard and are reluctant to play Danso in his actual position. He was at Bayern Munich until he was 15 - I believe that means he was in the same youth team as Hojbjerg? If my dates are right. Might help him settle quickly if he came.

A CB and a RB this window (especially one that can cover LB) would make it a brilliant window, but I'm not holding my breath. My worry is that as good as our form is currently with everyone performing at 8 or higher, a knock of confidence or a couple of injuries could see us slink down the table again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Loan with an option, as long as the option is ours, is surely better for us?

Personally don't think we will get a CB as we would be left with 5 others on senior wages.
    Not with Yoshida off and Danso only a loan though

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    The Pongracic link is interesting, in that they're basically saying he's off this window for the right price. Granted it may not be to us, but as we're apparently interested, it's not hard to do the Maths. Yes, Stephens and Bednarek have formed a decent partnership at CB, but I'm in the "need another CB" camp in case one gets injured or suspended, especially as we will most probably lose Yoshida at the end of the season, have no faith in Vestergaard and are reluctant to play Danso in his actual position. He was at Bayern Munich until he was 15 - I believe that means he was in the same youth team as Hojbjerg? If my dates are right. Might help him settle quickly if he came.

A CB and a RB this window (especially one that can cover LB) would make it a brilliant window, but I'm not holding my breath. My worry is that as good as our form is currently with everyone performing at 8 or higher, a knock of confidence or a couple of injuries could see us slink down the table again.
    Agreed if we could get both we would have had a fantastic window esp as it would keep the current players on there toes - nothing wrong with a bit of competition for places.

24. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post

He was also in the Ingolstadt academy at the time Ralph was at the club.

25. Default

Not sure about Walker-Peters, Poch played Aurier and Foyth over him, and Aurier is a terrible full back and Foyth is a centre-back. Now Mourinho has played Aurier and gave a debut to an 18 year old at right back against Liverpool instead of playing him.

Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    Not sure about Walker-Peters, Poch played Aurier and Foyth over him, and Aurier is a terrible full back and Foyth is a centre-back. Now Mourinho has played Aurier and gave a debut to an 18 year old at right back against Liverpool instead of playing him.
    that concerns me too. He was a good prospect, but there seems little faith in him at this time. Very young still, so still time to develop, but if he is to be first choice next season then we will need him to fulfil his promise quickly

Not with Yoshida off and Danso only a loan though
    Is Yoshida leaving in this window?

Anyway, seems like its Wolfsburg for Pongracic.

Not sure I see much logic in walker peters as cedric’s Replacement.
    We’ve already got Valery who is younger, played and showed more.

Blog Entries

Is Yoshida leaving in this window?

contract runs out in summer

30. Default

What makes you say that? Can't find any news stories confirming this.
    Last edited by TWar; 13-01-2020 at 09:15 PM.

If Iím wrong on that, I have no issue with that being shot down. Seems a pretty ridiculous contract to agree to have a loan with an obligation rather than an option to buy. The appearances obligation is a common clause. I hope that wasnít another Les Reed action, if true. Fortunately, Iím not arrogant enough to not admit fault and I donít know that Iím wrong but I had a number of people saying similar things & I thought there might have been something in it. Still, at least the club expert minions may get a chubby over that if itís wrong. Who cares anyway, Ings is on fire this season so Iím bloody glad we have him. Iíve liked him since day one. positive comment shocker. There must be something wrong with my inherent negativity switch!! Lol

All of you long winded and critical posts are based on you having absolutely no information on what is happening within the club. You do not know what Mr Gao thinks, or what his intentions are with Southampton FC. You know nothing about what transfers are or are not going to take place and you do not know how much money has been allocated for transfers.

You know absolutely nothing about what my posts are based on. Assuming anything is wildly presumptuous and as short sighted as you claim me to be. Fortunately, we are not in the House of Commons so we may be ok.

I never professed to know. I just chatted & discussed football matters which is the general ethos of the forum I think Heir Angel. Conversely, Do you know Mr Gao? Do you know whatís happening within the club and do you know what the intentions are with Southampton FC? Iíd be worried about any fan who knew too much about the transfer intentions of a premier league club during a transfer window. I think youíre missing the entire point of this thread and the website.

In fact everything you write is based on what you think, what you feel and your in built negativity towards people within our club that you personally know nothing about.

I think most peopleís scrawlings & writings are based on thoughts they actually thought and emotions they actually felt. Whilst some of the posts on this forum are highly questionable, I donít think our club PR dept. have yet developed robots, autobots or artificial intelligence. I think some of the intelligence is artificial but not in the way you may think. Notwithstanding your post. ;o)

Itís very difficult to write without those mechanisms, unless youíre a robot. Itís also very presumptuous to assume I have an inbuilt negativity towards the club. Itís more of an inbuilt intolerance of deceit, bigots and idiots but Iím responding to you so Iím at least making progress.

The fact that the whole club are now making an immense effort to correct previous mistakes and create something that may well turn out to be quite special is being done on a sustainable basis. You are wrong to accuse the club of breaking promises when the club have made no promises, other than to do the very best it can in an incredibly competitive league.

Since we know nothing about this speculative comment and whether itís as outlandish as the clubís PR departments grip on reality, it will be tricky for even the best spokesman to sell zero investment in the club as ďimmense effort to create previous mistakesĒ. I donít think Iím going to be pole vaulting around on a chubby just yet but Iíll definitely give the club credit when we see the fruits of their labour. Incidentally, can you give me a link to the article where the club said about their intentions to do the very best they can in the league? I guess thatís a given but words mean nothing (other than on this forum) and actions divulge more.

I donít remember seeing many direct quotes from the club yet I clearly may have missed some. If I have, Iím not too big to admit my mistakes and Iíll adjust my view accordingly to all these people who managed to scout the media and unearth these counter quotes.

The people involved with Southampton FC are working flat out to make it a success and rather than keep sniping at them perhaps you should get behind the club 100%. No one is perfect and no human being can be right all the time. Things go wrong and mistakes are made but throwing criticism at what the club is or isn't doing, based on nothing but your opinion, is pathetic and very tiresome.

Not nearly as tiresome as you post criticising people criticising. I put people like that in the same band as reformed smokers and zealous vegans. I support the team and manager and those that need to be supported. Words on a football forum have very little impact so it is odd to provoke your abuse but itís your view. Fortunately, opinions vary. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone deserves forgiveness (within reason) but donít give me this angelic cr*p that clubs are some sort of mother Theresa. I love football but there is also an ugly inside to the game and everyone knows that & thatís not dwelling on negativity thatís looking at the light and the dark. Just save the sanctimony.

There are very positive things happening within the club that can not be made public. No company holds its management meetings in public when it discusses future development or other sensitive matters. Southampton FC are no different.

I have no doubt there is and I was never under any illusion otherwise. When I see this elusive ambition and success, I will join in with the fanfare. Heart on your sleeve debate and fickle comments are what preside over a football club and if you take it too seriously and deliberate too much, you really probably shouldnít follow football. Never sit in the stand on a match day if club owner critique & boardroom animosity pulls on your heart strings, your head will explode!!
    Why would the loan with obligation to buy be a ridiculous contract? If we didnít have the money to sign him, but knew we would in the summer, then that deal is a perfectly normal one to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by meatball View Post
    Why would the loan with obligation to buy be a ridiculous contract? If we didn’t have the money to sign him, but knew we would in the summer, then that deal is a perfectly normal one to make.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If he was crap or got injured then I would not want to buy the player. Luckily Ings hit form at the most important time but I’m over the comment now so I wouldn’t dwell on it too much

33. Default

All of you long winded and critical posts are based on you having absolutely no information on what is happening within the club. You do not know what Mr Gao thinks, or what his intentions are with Southampton FC. You know nothing about what transfers are or are not going to take place and you do not know how much money has been allocated for transfers.

You know absolutely nothing about what my posts are based on. Assuming anything is wildly presumptuous and as short sighted as you claim me to be. Fortunately, we are not in the House of Commons so we may be ok.

I never professed to know. I just chatted & discussed football matters which is the general ethos of the forum I think Heir Angel. Conversely, Do you know Mr Gao? Do you know whatís happening within the club and do you know what the intentions are with Southampton FC? Iíd be worried about any fan who knew too much about the transfer intentions of a premier league club during a transfer window. I think youíre missing the entire point of this thread and the website.

In fact everything you write is based on what you think, what you feel and your in built negativity towards people within our club that you personally know nothing about.

I think most peopleís scrawlings & writings are based on thoughts they actually thought and emotions they actually felt. Whilst some of the posts on this forum are highly questionable, I donít think our club PR dept. have yet developed robots, autobots or artificial intelligence. I think some of the intelligence is artificial but not in the way you may think. Notwithstanding your post. ;o)

Itís very difficult to write without those mechanisms, unless youíre a robot. Itís also very presumptuous to assume I have an inbuilt negativity towards the club. Itís more of an inbuilt intolerance of deceit, bigots and idiots but Iím responding to you so Iím at least making progress.

The fact that the whole club are now making an immense effort to correct previous mistakes and create something that may well turn out to be quite special is being done on a sustainable basis. You are wrong to accuse the club of breaking promises when the club have made no promises, other than to do the very best it can in an incredibly competitive league.

Since we know nothing about this speculative comment and whether itís as outlandish as the clubís PR departments grip on reality, it will be tricky for even the best spokesman to sell zero investment in the club as ďimmense effort to create previous mistakesĒ. I donít think Iím going to be pole vaulting around on a chubby just yet but Iíll definitely give the club credit when we see the fruits of their labour. Incidentally, can you give me a link to the article where the club said about their intentions to do the very best they can in the league? I guess thatís a given but words mean nothing (other than on this forum) and actions divulge more.

I donít remember seeing many direct quotes from the club yet I clearly may have missed some. If I have, Iím not too big to admit my mistakes and Iíll adjust my view accordingly to all these people who managed to scout the media and unearth these counter quotes.

The people involved with Southampton FC are working flat out to make it a success and rather than keep sniping at them perhaps you should get behind the club 100%. No one is perfect and no human being can be right all the time. Things go wrong and mistakes are made but throwing criticism at what the club is or isn't doing, based on nothing but your opinion, is pathetic and very tiresome.

Not nearly as tiresome as you post criticising people criticising. I put people like that in the same band as reformed smokers and zealous vegans. I support the team and manager and those that need to be supported. Words on a football forum have very little impact so it is odd to provoke your abuse but itís your view. Fortunately, opinions vary. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone deserves forgiveness (within reason) but donít give me this angelic cr*p that clubs are some sort of mother Theresa. I love football but there is also an ugly inside to the game and everyone knows that & thatís not dwelling on negativity thatís looking at the light and the dark. Just save the sanctimony.

There are very positive things happening within the club that can not be made public. No company holds its management meetings in public when it discusses future development or other sensitive matters. Southampton FC are no different.

I have no doubt there is and I was never under any illusion otherwise. When I see this elusive ambition and success, I will join in with the fanfare. Heart on your sleeve debate and fickle comments are what preside over a football club and if you take it too seriously and deliberate too much, you really probably shouldnít follow football. Never sit in the stand on a match day if club owner critique & boardroom animosity pulls on your heart strings, your head will explode!!
    Have you considered being a little more concise in your writing?

Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    Not sure I see much logic in walker peters as cedric’s Replacement.
    We’ve already got Valery who is younger, played and showed more.
    Are you serious? After Leicester Ralph seems to have totally lost faith in him and I can understand why. Most of the pundits indirectly pointed out Valery’s frailties and while it may be unfair to make him the scapegoat for the worst performance in my Saints history, he was largely responsible for a hatful of the goals and he cannot mark or track people whatsoever. He needs some crash courses from Martin Keown in marking. He’s alright going forwards but I don’t think anywhere near the quality we need in defence and the flanks. Maybe he’ll be intensively coached and make a miraculous come back as he isn’t without ability but for the replacement of Soares, we should be aiming much higher. An old-fashioned full back that can go forward but actually track players & make decisive interceptions & last ditch tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by TWar View Post
    Have you considered being a little more concise in your writing?
    Yes. Almost every post but I’m not very good at it

Are you serious? After Leicester Ralph seems to have totally lost faith in him and I can understand why. Most of the pundits indirectly pointed out Valery’s frailties and while it may be unfair to make him the scapegoat for the worst performance in my Saints history, he was largely responsible for a hatful of the goals and he cannot mark or track people whatsoever. He needs some crash courses from Martin Keown in marking. He’s alright going forwards but I don’t think anywhere near the quality we need in defence and the flanks. Maybe he’ll be intensively coached and make a miraculous come back as he isn’t without ability but for the replacement of Soares, we should be aiming much higher. An old-fashioned full back that can go forward but actually track players & make decisive interceptions & last ditch tackles.
    Except he played several after Leicester before his mystery illness.
    One very bad game when everyone else played badly, when he has also has had very good games is hardly cause for writing him off.
    I’m fine with replacing Cedric with someone with some experience, just not with someone who’s not done well and has little real experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    Except he played several after Leicester before his mystery illness.
    One very bad game when everyone else played badly, when he has also has had very good games is hardly cause for writing him off.
    I’m fine with replacing Cedric with someone with some experience, just not with someone who’s not done well and has little real experience.
    I’m going by Ralph favouring Soares who openly said he’s leaving so it illustrates Ralph lack of faith in Valery & I personally think he tackling and tracking is cr*p, which is fairly important for a defender. He can be good going forward & play some decent passes but that’s not enough to be classed a good FB. I think replacing Soares with a better, ball winning, high energy RB is high on the club’s agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Pete View Post
    It only would make any sense if we have already decided he's not good enough and are buying a replacement.

If there is truth that the club want to sell him against the managers wishes, it's really time for Ralph to stand up and insist Adams doesn't leave before a replacement that Ralph approves is signed. Otherwise we would all know what would happen here!
    Yes we do. I'm getting a a sense of deja vu, all over again. A year ago the club loaned out Cedric and did not bring in a replacement. A gamble which fortunately paid off. Getting rid of Adam's, hoping Ings doesn't get injured and not bringing in a goalscorer, would be an even bigger and stupider gamble.

Blog Entries

Walker-Peters was the 22nd-best player on the pitch against Newport County in the FA Cup 4th Round in 2018/19 and I don't think he's improved since. I wouldn't touch him with a 50ft pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    that concerns me too. He was a good prospect, but there seems little faith in him at this time. Very young still, so still time to develop, but if he is to be first choice next season then we will need him to fulfil his promise quickly
    Is 22 very young?

41. Default

Quote Originally Posted by capitalsaint View Post
    Is 22 very young?
    Not really, and honestly I know there are some doubts about Valery, but he clearly showed in the 2nd half of last season he has a lot of talent and was a big part of turning things around under Ralf after Huges was sacked, some top performances in there. From what I have seen of Walker-Peters, and the fact he seemingly has been over looked by two top coaches and can't get a place ahead of a very dodgy full back in Aurier, I am struggling to see how a guy 2 years older who has shown less promise than Valery is worth getting.

I know Valery has had problems this year, but who knows the full details, maybe this virus has been affecting him the whole time and it only got diagnosed recently? Some viruses can be really nasty and drain people of their energy, constant headaches etc. whilst not showing masses of physical signs so he could have looked fit to play but really wasn't and is now being ruled out until he can get rid of it.

Long term I think he'll be a good player, seems to have all the attributes needed to be a good modern full back, but he needs to learn and improve his defending, which will take time and experience.

Replace Cedric like for like, as in Cedric is the senior player and first choice, so we need a new first choice right back, who then has Valery challenging him for a place.

42. Default

Not really, and honestly I know there are some doubts about Valery, but he clearly showed in the 2nd half of last season he has a lot of talent and was a big part of turning things around under Ralf after Huges was sacked, some top performances in there. From what I have seen of Walker-Peters, and the fact he seemingly has been over looked by two top coaches and can't get a place ahead of a very dodgy full back in Aurier, I am struggling to see how a guy 2 years older who has shown less promise than Valery is worth getting.

I know Valery has had problems this year, but who knows the full details, maybe this virus has been affecting him the whole time and it only got diagnosed recently? Some viruses can be really nasty and drain people of their energy, constant headaches etc. whilst not showing masses of physical signs so he could have looked fit to play but really wasn't and is now being ruled out until he can get rid of it.

Long term I think he'll be a good player, seems to have all the attributes needed to be a good modern full back, but he needs to learn and improve his defending, which will take time and experience.

Replace Cedric like for like, as in Cedric is the senior player and first choice, so we need a new first choice right back, who then has Valery challenging him for a place.
    Glandular Fever is one exmple of what is a possible viral infection could have and I wouldnt wish it on anyone. Thats a nasty example of a viral infection that can have quite a bit of longevity.

43. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    Good news. First deal over the line.
    Is it one of those wobbly VAR lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    It must've been a Phil Jones style crossing of the line, face first and mostly still stuck there.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    its taking as long as VAR to announce....

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSFC View Post
    its taking as long as VAR to announce....
    It will probably be off side too

Not many signings about generally. Think clubs are wising up to it a bit, going for loans or going with what they have. Too much panic money thrown at things. We got our success by looking at players for the next few years and developing them and need to stick with that.

Guess we'll loan a full back and that'll be about it. Summer we need more at CM, CB, full back and another attacker. But 4 decent signings over the summer while shipping out the deadwood is far more feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Not many signings about generally. Think clubs are wising up to it a bit, going for loans or going with what they have. Too much panic money thrown at things. We got our success by looking at players for the next few years and developing them and need to stick with that.

Guess we'll loan a full back and that'll be about it. Summer we need more at CM, CB, full back and another attacker. But 4 decent signings over the summer while shipping out the deadwood is far more feasible.
    The last few summers would suggest otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post

I remember similar being said a few seasons back which deferred through multiple, virtually inactive, transfer windows until the last summer which was lauded as the big rebuild and we barely even bolstered the defence so I won’t get overly excited. I’d have liked to have seen some decisive action by mid January yet still no movements. Let’s hope things are quietly progressing in the background due to the sensitive nature of football (and some forum members, with ‘members’ being the operative word)

I’m still keen on Maehle above others. Unsure why. Just seems more PL ready.

I remember similar being said a few seasons back which deferred through multiple, virtually inactive, transfer windows until the last summer which was lauded as the big rebuild and we barely even bolstered the defence so I won’t get overly excited. I’d have liked to have seen some decisive action by mid January yet still no movements. Let’s hope things are quietly progressing in the background due to the sensitive nature of football (and some forum members, with ‘members’ being the operative word)

I’m still keen on Maehle above others. Unsure why. Just seems more PL ready.
    After our early season form I think we would all have liked to have seen a defender or two come in early in January. However as we are currently 3 wins from 3 this calendar year, I think the club has bought themselves some breathing space. As long as a player or two is in by February 1st, the second half of the season we will be stronger.