Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

There's gotta be a reason why Birch has gone very quiet of late. Any guesses? Busy preparing for a takeeover or busy preparing for Pompey Mk III ?

I think he has his man for a takeover.

There is enough money to get them to the end of the season, so there is nothing in it for a new owner to take over now and the price will be different if they are in the championship or League one.... Which would justify his little gamble with varney and pearce etc.

It will of course all be in the detail, will chinny keep his charge or will he be paid off........

There's gotta be a reason why x has gone very quiet of late. Any guesses? Busy preparing for a takeover or busy preparing for Pompey Mk III ?

Spoke to someone today who met with Birch yesterday. No hint of anything moving on the buyer front.

PFC can have I think up to eight loan players (there are restrictions on some number must be under 24 and no more than five from one club), only five in the squad and only four on the pitch at any one time.

Injuries and suspensions will take there toll as the games come thick and fast, Halford is only one booking away from a ban.

Couldn't see any restrictions in the regulations on the Football League website regarding how many loan players a club may have at any one time. The only thin I noted was that any club can have a maximum of 4 loan player from a single other team (an emergency keeper can be added to this total) and 5 in any team sheet for a single match. (clauses 52.3.1 and 52.3.2)

Also with regards to the transfer embargo on clubs in administration, I could not find anything regarding this, only that if a club defaults on a payment to another club then a transfer embargo is put in place. (clause 49.2.3).

Are there any others out there that can clarify this because the way I read the regulations on the FL website if PFC have paid up all debts to other clubs then they may be free to register more players (not that it's morally right but it's the rules as far as I can tell)

Jesus H Christ, a bloody debate about the best fans on earth. Fine, they are, obviously having an amazing influence on the performances of the quality over quantity players, where are they in the league? I think I'll stick with the quieter support of the best home record in the League with the cheaper option wages of a team top of the league.

Spoke to someone today who met with Birch yesterday. No hint of anything moving on the buyer front.

As in 'Birch said there was nothing happening on the buyer front' or as in 'Birch didnt mention anything about a buyer for Pompey during their chat about something else'?

Couldn't see any restrictions in the regulations on the Football League website regarding how many loan players a club may have at any one time. The only thin I noted was that any club can have a maximum of 4 loan player from a single other team (an emergency keeper can be added to this total) and 5 in any team sheet for a single match. (clauses 52.3.1 and 52.3.2)

Also with regards to the transfer embargo on clubs in administration, I could not find anything regarding this, only that if a club defaults on a payment to another club then a transfer embargo is put in place. (clause 49.2.3).

Are there any others out there that can clarify this because the way I read the regulations on the FL website if PFC have paid up all debts to other clubs then they may be free to register more players (not that it's morally right but it's the rules as far as I can tell)

My apologies Doctoroncall, you are correct 8 max in any one season. You are allowed a maximum of 4 players under 23 years of age and a further 4 players over 23 years of age during any one season (it didn't stipulate how many 23 yearolds you are allowed :?), so in essence you are only allowed a max of 8 players (clause 53.1.3)

Furthermore, you are allowed no more than 2 players over 23 years of age on loan from another club in any one season. (clause 53.1.4)

Also all these rules are for standard loans, not emergency or youth loans.

The Football league are in breach of this policy then....Pompey currently have more than 14 fit players.....but they were still allowed to bring more in.

I have emailed the FL regarding this. Can not locate anything under their regulations that talk about registration embargo's on clubs in administration, only clubs that default on payments to other clubs. Also asked about the missing a CVA payment. Not expecting to get anything of interest (I fully expect to get back the cut and paste answer) but will post the response once I get it.

I have emailed the FL regarding this. Can not locate anything under their regulations that talk about registration embargo's on clubs in administration, only clubs that default on payments to other clubs. Also asked about the missing a CVA payment. Not expecting to get anything of interest (I fully expect to get back the cut and paste answer) but will post the response once I get it.

Try Section 17

17 HMRC Reporting

"17.1.1 the Club's full liability for PAYE & NIC due in respect of any and all employees or former employees of the Club for the immediately preceding payment period;" and

"17.7 Consequences of a Default Event. A Club which is subject to a Default Event shall be subject to a registration embargo such that it shall not be permitted to register any Player with that Club".

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-4-clubs_2293633_2125725

Also Coventry are subject to Transfer Embargo because they have failed to submit Accounts (Section 16)

http://www.football-league.co.uk/championship/news/20120302/transfer-embargo-for-sky-blues_2293322_2630650

Coventry have been placed under a transfer embargo after failing to file their club accounts on time.

The npower Championship club missed the February 29 deadline and as a result they are temporarily banned from any activity in the transfer market

The statement continued: "Our accounts were due on February 29. As part of the accounts submission process then we have to be able to show committed funding out for the next financial year and, at this stage, we could not do this as we, the board, are still in the process of agreeing and negotiating budgets with the owner.

There is one for Brum as well

http://www.football-league.co.uk/championship/news/20120302/birmingham-under-transfer-embargo_2293322_2630756

The CHEATS have not shown "committed funding for next season" therefore they are subject to a Transfer Embargo.

I am also waiting to hear back from the Football League on the subject of the Cheats and their Transfer Embargo.

The FL placated HMRC a while ago by introducing that transfer embargo for missed tax payments.

These had to be notified within about three weeks, didn't pompey have ONE day to spare when they signed the pub thug released by Man City?

Putting administration aside, they've missed tax payments so an embargo should be in place.

And they've shipped out young players to reduce their playing staff so that they can plead 'bare bones' and strengthen their sporting position.

Sorry Appy, you got unlucky there with their managerial appointment - I'll go with UnAppy!

As in 'Birch said there was nothing happening on the buyer front' or as in 'Birch didnt mention anything about a buyer for Pompey during their chat about something else'?

Sorry. Don't want to sound like an ITK wannabe, but I don't think I can say any more without putting someone in an awkward position.

So Pompey have those 2 players (Gyepes and Williams) on trial..surely they cannot sign them as they would have to pay them wages? Or am I wrong?

From Sky Sports : (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11674/7620251/Pompey-look-at-defensive-duo)

".... if he does enough to impress and we can do something depending on what the Football League say, then maybe there is something there."

For all my lovelys out there annoyed at cheats FC continualy taking the p**s out of football in this country take a look at the "table".

It makes you feel good.

That's where i'm off to now,a good half an hour of kharma.

exciting, isnt it?

And for another bout of hilarity I give you this:

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Fans-To-Be-Searched-At-Coventry-3267.aspx

Also, musical instruments cannot be taken into the ground.

Poor old CWTB! How will their famous atmosphere cope? The mighty one thousand bestest in the land away from home and unable to follow the Delhi market rythm supplied by TCWTB... it will be difficult enough negotiating real toilets with no fat in the pipes. Have a good look round at the impressive Ricoh arena skates, you could have had all of that. As the good Roman Dubov said 'over half a billion pounds went through this club and nothing changed'

Shalala!

1278130_e5e91c84.jpg

No, no NO, and again NO.

Such extravagant overspending YET AGAIN will only doom them.

I already FOUND their new stadium for them back last summer. One they can afford and will give their fans the comfort they deserve

35a0k94.jpg

Look, it even has the perfect sized Bench for them

2u8c5l5.jpg

I am a bit concerned this thread has slumped to 7th position in the Lounge (ie just in a play-off spot) we need some more bad news from down the road to kick start the season.

Well Duncan, news comes that a Russian Banker was the victim of an assassination plot in London on Tuesday evening. Sky have said there is a possibility it could have links to the attempted assassination of another Russian banker called Antonov in Russia.

They must be so proud of their tenuous connections to organised crime.

Well Duncan, news comes that a Russian Banker was the victim of an assassination plot in London on Tuesday evening. Sky have said there is a possibility it could have links to the attempted assassination of another Russian banker called Antonov in Russia.

They must be so proud of their tenuous connections to organised crime.

The victim, who was seriously injured and placed in a medically induced coma by hospital staff, formerly owned banks in Russia and Moldova.

It is understood he is under armed guard by Met officers to prevent a further assassination attempt.

He is on Moldova's wanted list over allegations of an illegal bank takeover and embezzlement.

He has also been named as a witness and a suspect in the shooting of Russian banker Alexander Antonov in Moscow in 2009 by three ethnic Chechens.

He reportedly told journalists several times: "If I go back to Russia they will kill me."

Antonov's son Vladimir has been linked with buying Portsmouth Football Club.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: "The victim was shot a number of times as he entered a block of flats by a suspect who is described as white, 6ft tall and of slim build.

Read all about it here....

A Story About how Russian Railways along with the “Solntsevo” guys have knocked out $1billion

As is often the case with spiders, they start eating each other after losing the common goal to get prey. In our story, the choice fell on the “weakest link” in the chain of Russian Railways debtors – banker German Gorbuntsov.

Eugene Dvoskin is closely connected with FSB, and it’s dangerous to have a conflict with him. You could not get this amount from Sergei Mendeleev, no matter how hard you try, he doesn’t have it. Peter Chuvilin has somewhat lost his authority lately. Ramzan Kadyrov was reprimanded by the Kremlin following the assassination of the Yamadayev brothers. So he stopped doing any business with Chuvilin and crossed him out from his advisers list. However, it was German Gorbuntsov who was chosen as the victim and who was the easiest prey among Russian Railways debtors. Gorbuntsov and his wife Larisa described the events in their written statement to a law enforcement agency.

In order to monitor the situation with the enormous debt repayment, Andrei Krapivin, advisor to the head of Railways, sent his friend Boris Usherovich to STB, where he was appointed as Vice Chairman of the Board. Usherovich repeatedly talked about his criminal friends. He mentioned Maxim Kurochkin (a.k.a. Max the Violent) who was shot by a sniper in 2007 upon leaving the court building in Kiev. He also mentioned Victor Averin, one of the founders of Solntsevo grouping. In 2007 Victor’s borther, Alexander Averin, took part in a brutal beating of FSO officer in one of the suburban restaurants. Everybody thought the brothers’ future looked grim. However, the case was unexpectedly closed after a year – the FSO officer dropped his claims against Alexander Averin. According to Rumafia sources, such a drastic change happened after receiving a $300 thousand bribe by this officer of one of the most secretive Russian law enformcement agencies. Seems like a modest compensation to put such a major problem to bed. In the same statement Gorbuntsov also mentioned Usherovich’s friend Krapivin “who would kick the door open to Nurgaliev and Bortnikov’s offices”.

When the Railways finally got tired of waiting for debt repayment, Usherovich invited Larisa Gorbuntsov to his office. German Gorbuntsov preferred to have most of his assets in his wife’s name. The events further unfolded in the best traditions of the 1990’s. In his office, in addition to Usherovich himself, there were four strong guys introduced as “from Solntsevo”. STB Deputy Chairman proceeded to explain that Larisa had to sign the papers on his desk on transferring virtually all Gorbuntsov’s property to others. To sound more convincing, the guys from Solntsevo took out their revolvers. Then Usherovich informed Larisa what would happen to her family in case she refuses to sign. According to Gorbuntsov’s written statement, Usherovich said that Larisa would be kidnapped right from his office, their son would be sent to jail on false charges, their cottage in “Gorki-1” would be burned down the following night. As a result, the woman had signed all the papers. In several days her husband did the same under similar circumstances. As the Gorbuntsovs further say in their statement, they had to give up the “Sports Center in Sokolniki”, Industrial Financial Group “STB”, 2 lots in the Odintsovo district, 100 thousand square meters of commercial real estate, shares in six banks and six plants, etc. The total damage was estimated at $1 billion.

The statement was forwarded to Department of Inquiries of Presnya District where they refused to institute proceedings, which is easily understandable. Head of the Department referred to the fact that during the interrogation Usherovich stated that he indeed met with Larisa, but did not threaten her and there was no crime. The Gorbuntsovs left the country after that and they currently live abroad fearing for their future.

When collectors get the money from the debtors, creditors don’t get the full amount. Railways calculated that after Usherovich, Krapivin and the Solntsevo guys took their shares from Gorbuntsovs’ assets, they were left with 22 billion rubles (about $680 million). The following scheme was invented in order to write this amount off the debt of $1 billion (30 billion rubles). The Railways sent the order to STB Bank to purchase shares of STB and other obscure companies in the amount of 22 billion rubles. The state monopoly nevertheless declared that STB, Chuvilin, Dvoskin and Mendeleev still owed it 8 billion rubles. At this point father and son Antonovs came to the rescue. They proposed a scheme according to which the debt would not only be repaid, but all participants in the scheme would significantly profit. And this would happen at the expense of Central Bank of Russian Federation funds. This is not the first time father and son have used this scheme.

Read all about it here....

A Story About how Russian Railways along with the “Solntsevo” guys have knocked out $1billion

As is often the case with spiders, they start eating each other after losing the common goal to get prey. In our story, the choice fell on the “weakest link” in the chain of Russian Railways debtors – banker German Gorbuntsov.

Eugene Dvoskin is closely connected with FSB, and it’s dangerous to have a conflict with him. You could not get this amount from Sergei Mendeleev, no matter how hard you try, he doesn’t have it. Peter Chuvilin has somewhat lost his authority lately. Ramzan Kadyrov was reprimanded by the Kremlin following the assassination of the Yamadayev brothers. So he stopped doing any business with Chuvilin and crossed him out from his advisers list. However, it was German Gorbuntsov who was chosen as the victim and who was the easiest prey among Russian Railways debtors. Gorbuntsov and his wife Larisa described the events in their written statement to a law enforcement agency.

In order to monitor the situation with the enormous debt repayment, Andrei Krapivin, advisor to the head of Railways, sent his friend Boris Usherovich to STB, where he was appointed as Vice Chairman of the Board. Usherovich repeatedly talked about his criminal friends. He mentioned Maxim Kurochkin (a.k.a. Max the Violent) who was shot by a sniper in 2007 upon leaving the court building in Kiev. He also mentioned Victor Averin, one of the founders of Solntsevo grouping. In 2007 Victor’s borther, Alexander Averin, took part in a brutal beating of FSO officer in one of the suburban restaurants. Everybody thought the brothers’ future looked grim. However, the case was unexpectedly closed after a year – the FSO officer dropped his claims against Alexander Averin. According to Rumafia sources, such a drastic change happened after receiving a $300 thousand bribe by this officer of one of the most secretive Russian law enformcement agencies. Seems like a modest compensation to put such a major problem to bed. In the same statement Gorbuntsov also mentioned Usherovich’s friend Krapivin “who would kick the door open to Nurgaliev and Bortnikov’s offices”.

When the Railways finally got tired of waiting for debt repayment, Usherovich invited Larisa Gorbuntsov to his office. German Gorbuntsov preferred to have most of his assets in his wife’s name. The events further unfolded in the best traditions of the 1990’s. In his office, in addition to Usherovich himself, there were four strong guys introduced as “from Solntsevo”. STB Deputy Chairman proceeded to explain that Larisa had to sign the papers on his desk on transferring virtually all Gorbuntsov’s property to others. To sound more convincing, the guys from Solntsevo took out their revolvers. Then Usherovich informed Larisa what would happen to her family in case she refuses to sign. According to Gorbuntsov’s written statement, Usherovich said that Larisa would be kidnapped right from his office, their son would be sent to jail on false charges, their cottage in “Gorki-1” would be burned down the following night. As a result, the woman had signed all the papers. In several days her husband did the same under similar circumstances. As the Gorbuntsovs further say in their statement, they had to give up the “Sports Center in Sokolniki”, Industrial Financial Group “STB”, 2 lots in the Odintsovo district, 100 thousand square meters of commercial real estate, shares in six banks and six plants, etc. The total damage was estimated at $1 billion.

The statement was forwarded to Department of Inquiries of Presnya District where they refused to institute proceedings, which is easily understandable. Head of the Department referred to the fact that during the interrogation Usherovich stated that he indeed met with Larisa, but did not threaten her and there was no crime. The Gorbuntsovs left the country after that and they currently live abroad fearing for their future.

When collectors get the money from the debtors, creditors don’t get the full amount. Railways calculated that after Usherovich, Krapivin and the Solntsevo guys took their shares from Gorbuntsovs’ assets, they were left with 22 billion rubles (about $680 million). The following scheme was invented in order to write this amount off the debt of $1 billion (30 billion rubles). The Railways sent the order to STB Bank to purchase shares of STB and other obscure companies in the amount of 22 billion rubles. The state monopoly nevertheless declared that STB, Chuvilin, Dvoskin and Mendeleev still owed it 8 billion rubles. At this point father and son Antonovs came to the rescue. They proposed a scheme according to which the debt would not only be repaid, but all participants in the scheme would significantly profit. And this would happen at the expense of Central Bank of Russian Federation funds. This is not the first time father and son have used this scheme.

Look, this is all speculative rubbish.

It must be. the troll told us so.

Lampitt also told us Vlad was "The Real Deal"...

Try Section 17

Originally Posted by St Jim

Try Section 17

17 HMRC Reporting

"17.1.1 the Club's full liability for PAYE & NIC due in respect of any and all employees or former employees of the Club for the immediately preceding payment period;" and

"17.7 Consequences of a Default Event. A Club which is subject to a Default Event shall be subject to a registration embargo such that it shall not be permitted to register any Player with that Club".

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-4-clubs_2293633_2125725

Also Coventry are subject to Transfer Embargo because they have failed to submit Accounts (Section 16)

http://www.football-league.co.uk/championship/news/20120302/transfer-embargo-for-sky-blues_2293322_2630650

Coventry have been placed under a transfer embargo after failing to file their club accounts on time.

The npower Championship club missed the February 29 deadline and as a result they are temporarily banned from any activity in the transfer market

The statement continued: "Our accounts were due on February 29. As part of the accounts submission process then we have to be able to show committed funding out for the next financial year and, at this stage, we could not do this as we, the board, are still in the process of agreeing and negotiating budgets with the owner.

There is one for Brum as well

http://www.football-league.co.uk/championship/news/20120302/birmingham-under-transfer-embargo_2293322_2630756

The CHEATS have not shown "committed funding for next season" therefore they are subject to a Transfer Embargo.

I am also waiting to hear back from the Football League on the subject of the Cheats and their Transfer Embargo.

From the FL website I can not see what constitutes a "Default Event" (it's not in the definition of terms in the 'General' section) other than a default on the terms of a 'Time to Pay Agreement' which is an agreement between club and HMRC, in writing, in relation to repayment of arrears. If PFC have not agreed a Time to Pay Agreement with HMRC then they may not have suffered a Default Event as such. Who know and this is certainly an area I will be questioning this with the FL once I receive my imminent stock-standard reply from them.

Do you know where the regulations state that 'committed funding' is a condition precedent for allowing player registrations because I don't think it is. To me it looks like the FL are interpreting the rules as they see fit. It certainly seems very unfair to all that Cov get a registration embargo for late submission of accounts yet PFC seem to be allowed to sign players when they still owe the public purse, local businesses, charities etc.

I am a bit concerned this thread has slumped to 7th position in the Lounge (ie just in a play-off spot) we need some more bad news from down the road to kick start the season.

Well I managed to upset a skate on the guardian... http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2012/mar/23/football-league-weekender#start-of-comments

From the FL website I can not see what constitutes a "Default Event" (it's not in the definition of terms in the 'General' section) other than a default on the terms of a 'Time to Pay Agreement' which is an agreement between club and HMRC, in writing, in relation to repayment of arrears. If PFC have not agreed a Time to Pay Agreement with HMRC then they may not have suffered a Default Event as such. Who know and this is certainly an area I will be questioning this with the FL once I receive my imminent stock-standard reply from them.

Do you know where the regulations state that 'committed funding' is a condition precedent for allowing player registrations because I don't think it is. To me it looks like the FL are interpreting the rules as they see fit. It certainly seems very unfair to all that Cov get a registration embargo for late submission of accounts yet PFC seem to be allowed to sign players when they still owe the public purse, local businesses, charities etc.

Dear oh dear. Who's desperate now?

Dear oh dear. Who's desperate now?

After your last little intervention, I asked you a perfectly polite and genuine question. Here it is again, just in case you missed it before:

So what do you think will happen then? As far as I can see you have no buyer in sight, not even any half-interested bidders (or at least none that could be taken seriously). Unless you get a load of players off your books altogether you'll still be haemorrhaging money, and there's always the minor matter of a charge on Fratton Park and a debenture against the club, plus ownership of the land surrounding Fratton Park.

Or are you assuming liquidation and rebirth? And, if so, at what level and at what ground? It won't be Football League, it won't be at Fratton Park - or do you think otherwise?

Given your constant comments such as that above, I'd love to know how you think things will pan out - and a pat "We'll be fine" won't do it. What do you foresee happening?

Care to have a go at answering? Or are you really capable of nothing better than your usual "We'll be fine"? I have to say it's beginning to look that way.

that'll be fine in the loosest sense then.

Not sure that the current situation on or off the pitch qualifies as my understanding of the word fine.

Brighton are fine, ditto Ipswich - or even Derby and Barnsley.

pompey are so far from fine they don't even know the state exists.

What word best describes the pompey situation?

I'm not sure one word could actually cover all the problems so I'll just go for desperate.

While I too think they may survive, this idea is purely based on an annoying doubt linked to the ongoing lack of punishment for past crimes.

There are no facts to support this survival theory at all...

All you manage to do is make Corp Ho look like less of a bellend. If that's your strategy, congratulations it's a success. Otherwise I feel bad for you. You just recycle Corp's most tedious nonsense, rather than the more over the top nonsense. First he becomes a parody of himself, then you try to get some of the limelight yourself, but it's infinitely more sh1t.

There was I, thinking that we were going over the top in generalising about all the sk8s and then one comes along to further our opinion. :rolleyes:

that'll be fine in the loosest sense then.

Not sure that the current situation on or off the pitch qualifies as my understanding of the word fine.

Brighton are fine, ditto Ipswich - or even Derby and Barnsley.

pompey are so far from fine they don't even know the state exists.

What word best describes the pompey situation?

I'm not sure one word could actually cover all the problems so I'll just go for desperate.

While I too think they may survive, this idea is purely based on an annoying doubt linked to the ongoing lack of punishment for past crimes.

There are no facts to support this survival theory at all...

They'll be fine. While the rest of the other fans of Championship clubs slowly 'get it' about the DFCSBs they stick their fingers in their ears so they can't hear the alarm bells and comments.

Just wondering though, IF they get to their rightful place, will they poke their own eyes out so they can't read the papers (I know, not that they can read anyway :smug: ).

After your last little intervention, I asked you a perfectly polite and genuine question. Here it is again, just in case you missed it before:

Care to have a go at answering? Or are you really capable of nothing better than your usual "We'll be fine"? I have to say it's beginning to look that way.

Ok, we'll be at Fratton park next season in either the NPC, league one or one or two leagues below league two. Well either be owned by Chainrai, the trust or A.N.Other. We could be reborn after being liquidated, or still trading as same co under Chainrai.

Whichever scenario comes to fruition I know I'll still have a club to support. Other than that, who knows?

Ok, we'll be at Fratton park next season in either the NPC, league one or one or two leagues below league two. Well either be owned by Chainrai, the trust or A.N.Other. We could be reborn after being liquidated, or still trading as same co under Chainrai.

Whichever scenario comes to fruition I know I'll still have a club to support. Other than that, who knows?

So, basically, you're opinion is every single possibility!

Nothing like sticking your neck out.

If Carlsberg did vague answers......