Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Ok, we'll be at Fratton park next season in either the NPC, league one or one or two leagues below league two. Well either be owned by Chainrai, the trust or A.N.Other. We could be reborn after being liquidated, or still trading as same co under Chainrai.

Whichever scenario comes to fruition I know I'll still have a club to support. Other than that, who knows?

And we'll be here ****ing ourselves at you. Again.

recalling our own dismal seasons, the table can often look better than it really is.

People were telling us we only needed to win 2 out of 3, or 3 out of 4 to avoid the drop - but having seen the games we all knew that winning 1 in 10 was a more likely outcome.

So even though mathematically pompey are not far off saving themselves, the thought of them winning 3 on the trot is fantasy.

Their current away form is being described as woeful - which is unfortunate timing prior to a date with destiny. :D

That was a big blow today, well done to the Coventry reserves and academy XI.

It's still very close and they have plenty of winnable home games. They'll make it close I'm sure. It'll depend on just how bad Bristol City's results are. It should be irrelevant though. I see no possible way they can avoid points deductions for failing to pay the CVA or exiting administration without a new CVA, should they somehow get a buyer. So it's liquidation or points deduction, and probably points applied this season if they stay up, next season if they go down.

But Coventry are also unbeaten in 5 and are keeping the scoreboard ticking over. Today is also a massive result for them and they have in April Peterborough (h) Bristol City (a) an out-of-form Burnley (a) Millwall (h) and Doncaster (h). 5 winnable games IMO.

In a form table I've found (last 8 games, not sure if today's results are included) Bristol City are 23rd, Pompey are 22nd, Doncaster are 20th but Coventry are 14th.

Ok, we'll be at Fratton park next season in either the NPC, league one or one or two leagues below league two. Well either be owned by Chainrai, the trust or A.N.Other. We could be reborn after being liquidated, or still trading as same co under Chainrai.

Whichever scenario comes to fruition I know I'll still have a club to support. Other than that, who knows?

Under what circumstances do you envisage liquidation and playing at Fratton Park then? If PFC is liquidated, the ground will be sold to the highest bidder, or at least that's my understanding. Do you really think that the highest bidder is going to be the trust or whoever else manages to cobble together a phoenix football club? And do you seriously think it'll be possible to maintain Fratton Park (an expensive commitment) on non-league gates?

If you're not to be liquidated, then you need a buyer. Nothing doing there right now - if there were then the News would be shouting about it for starters. And what would a prospective buyer do about all those players who are on contracts way beyond the means of a Championship club, let alone one in League One? There's only a couple who are out of contract in the summer - Tal Ben Haim, I think, has a further year after that. You can't just kick them out, they have to agree to go. Now, it may well be that the payers currently out on loan are effectively off the books for good (if there are binding agreements for the loan club to take them for a small fee, or even for free, when the loan expires - this would make financial sense for Pompey); but the salaries of those who are left are still enough to send a League One club under. Hell, TBH alone would do that for half the clubs in League One. Put all this alongside a crumbling ground, surrounded by land owned by a former owner of the club, and other essential facilities (training ground and the like) which have to be rented from one body or another, and it doesn't look like a particularly attractive proposition.

If there's no new buyer forthcoming, can Chainrai be prevailed upon to become PFC's owner once again? His interest is money, nothing else; so he'll only do this if it makes financial sense for him. Try as I might, I can't see that it will. He'll need to put money in before he can get anything out (those pesky players will want their salaries, quite apart form anything else), and it can't be long before the potential revenue is less than what he'll need to put in. Would he be able to find a buyer, as he did before? Again, try as I might, I can't see it happening - see my previous paragraph if you're wondering why.

Some time ago, I remember you answering a post of mine. In my post I suggested that Pompey's best hope - in fact, their only hope - was in finding a lifelong supporter with a bottomless well of money. In other words, someone with both the funds and the motivation to sink loads of cash into the club. You agreed with this analysis, and I think it still holds now. So, in your view, has anything changed since then? We all know that Brian Howe would love to buy Pompey; in fact, he'd have loved to do it years ago. Problem is, he can't, because he hasn't got the money. Nor can he persuade anyone who would have the money to part with it in such a dubious cause.

So, feel free to dispute the points above; you may well know stuff I don't. But on what, exactly, are you basing your view of the future?

Edited by Fowllyd

Spoke to a Solent commentator the other day, asked why Portsmouth didn't play their youngsters and reserves. There's nothing to stop them, it's just that they're rubbish, was the basic answer.

**** poor excuse when they've made a load of people redundant who were on something like £15k a year. How does Ben Haim sleep at night? One would assume in a very nice bed, in a very nice house, but you get what I'm saying.

I would have thought a victory at the sky blues would have given portsmuff a massive lift,but now i believe there is little hope for "the deluded" they will not beat Hull.

Games are running out.

Gap is getting bigger (not talking about the 48 point gap,that IS always going to get bigger)

This though is all irrelavent,come the end of the season they are to be liquidated.

And nobody on here can give me any evidence to suggest otherwise. :scared:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2119835/Taxman-loses-40m-owed-broke-football-clubs-writing-debts.html

Looks like a ruling due shortly, although I think we've thought that's the case since January.

The leaked documents show that one of the biggest losses has been chalked up by Portsmouth, which has been placed in administration twice in the past two years and whose tax debt totals £17,276,315.

The club should be paying the taxman £700,000 a year under the terms of a 2010 settlement, but so far no payments have been received.

Geoff Carton-Kelly, the liquidator handling the 2010 administration of Portsmouth Football Club, said: ‘The final amount of unpaid tax could be up to £35million.’

The club should be paying the taxman £700,000 a year under the terms of a 2010 settlement, but so far no payments have been received.

To be fair, not sure that's quite true. First CVA payments were deferred until this April, when they will start paying in ernest............................OH

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2119835/Taxman-loses-40m-owed-broke-football-clubs-writing-debts.html

Looks like a ruling due shortly, although I think we've thought that's the case since January.

Now is this something interesting that we didn't know, or poor journalism....

Fifty-three clubs have hit the financial buffers in the past 20 years, with many owing money to the Revenue. They include Swindon, Ipswich, Exeter, Wrexham, Rotherham, Bournemouth, Luton, Southampton, Stockport, Crystal Palace and Port Vale.

So do we have an unpaid bill from our administration, or are we just one of the clubs that have been in administration? Like many on here, I'd always believed that we had cleared all debts from the administration.

So do we have an unpaid bill from our administration, or are we just one of the clubs that have been in administration? Like many on here, I'd always believed that we had cleared all debts from the administration.

That bit annoyed me too, at first. But, once I'd re-read it, I realised that it was ambiguous and wasn't actually implying that we hadn't cleared our debts. However, in order to distance ourselves from the cheating going on down the road, I think the club should ask the Daily Heil to print a clarification.

No.

We owed no money to HMRC.

Also, the piece you quoted states the MANY owed money to the taxman, not ALL....

Swiss Chimes

Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I'm fed up with all this crass talk about cheating. When Stains bought Billy Sharp they were acting within the laws of the league. When we borrow players for free that aren't getting a game at their parent club, it is also within the rules and hurts nobody. There is no cheating going on at all. However, if you want to talk about fairness, it is clearly Stains that are morally culpable. They used their position at the top of the league to lure a player to St. Fairy's who's former employers wanted to keep. They paid some hush money that is all. By the way, every club that doesn't balance it's books is cheating, so Chelsea and Man City are the biggest cheats on the planet by some people's definition. In fact, City have relied on our goodwill in allowing a couple of fringe squad players to pull a Pompey shirt on so they at least get a game. Certain Talksport presenters might cheer that we lost yesterday but it's only the crassly ignorant who think we've done anything wrong.

What planet are these people living on!!!!!!! How the f@ck did we cheat when we got Billy Sharp? Must be a wind-up!!

This Sportingintelligence doc says they do not know what happened to the £169k of unpaid Taxes in Saints case but I am sure it was repaid.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/03/25/revealed-the-39-6m-in-unpaid-football-taxes-and-thats-only-part-of-it-250301/

The table at the bottom shows what each Club debt (21 of 53) was and how much was Tax.

Part of the tax doc on the left is here

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Tax-doc.jpg

This Sportingintelligence doc says they do not know what happened to the £169k of unpaid Taxes in Saints case but I am sure it was repaid.http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/03/25/revealed-the-39-6m-in-unpaid-football-taxes-and-thats-only-part-of-it-250301/The table at the bottom shows what each Club debt (21 of 53) was and how much was Tax. Part of the tax doc on the left is herehttp://www.sportingintelligence.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Tax-doc.jpg
I wonder if they have shown payments made under the various CVA's? We didn't come out of admin via a CVA - so any payments made to creditors came from a new company set up for the football club. If they have made the payments, would that have been reflected by HMRC's document? Seem's HMRC would be on dodgy ground, procuring this document for the ongoing court case on the football creditors rule and then misleading the court regarding what has been paid.

Swiss Chimes Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM I'm fed up with all this crass talk about cheating. When Stains bought Billy Sharp they were acting within the laws of the league. When we borrow players for free that aren't getting a game at their parent club, it is also within the rules and hurts nobody. There is no cheating going on at all. However, if you want to talk about fairness, it is clearly Stains that are morally culpable. They used their position at the top of the league to lure a player to St. Fairy's who's former employers wanted to keep. They paid some hush money that is all. By the way, every club that doesn't balance it's books is cheating, so Chelsea and Man City are the biggest cheats on the planet by some people's definition. In fact, City have relied on our goodwill in allowing a couple of fringe squad players to pull a Pompey shirt on so they at least get a game. Certain Talksport presenters might cheer that we lost yesterday but it's only the crassly ignorant who think we've done anything wrong. What planet are these people living on!!!!!!! How the f@ck did we cheat when we got Billy Sharp? Must be a wind-up!!

Haha, has to be a Saints fan. Just way too ignorant for someone who is not on a wind-up! :lol:

Edited by niceandfriendly

I wonder if they have shown payments made under the various CVA's? We didn't come out of admin via a CVA - so any payments made to creditors came from a new company set up for the football club. If they have made the payments, would that have been reflected by HMRC's document? Seem's HMRC would be on dodgy ground, procuring this document for the ongoing court case on the football creditors rule and then misleading the court regarding what has been paid.

We didn't go into Admin to avoid our debts, we were forced there by Barclays for breaching the overdraft. Everything was up to date at that point, and the Adminstrator would have paid his way as well. As we were bought out of Administration you imagine the creditors would have needed to be satisfied. There's a big difference between what happened to us, and that lot down the road.

Swiss Chimes

Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I'm fed up with all this crass talk about cheating. When Stains bought Billy Sharp they were acting within the laws of the league. When we borrow players for free that aren't getting a game at their parent club, it is also within the rules and hurts nobody. There is no cheating going on at all. However, if you want to talk about fairness, it is clearly Stains that are morally culpable. They used their position at the top of the league to lure a player to St. Fairy's who's former employers wanted to keep. They paid some hush money that is all. By the way, every club that doesn't balance it's books is cheating, so Chelsea and Man City are the biggest cheats on the planet by some people's definition. In fact, City have relied on our goodwill in allowing a couple of fringe squad players to pull a Pompey shirt on so they at least get a game. Certain Talksport presenters might cheer that we lost yesterday but it's only the crassly ignorant who think we've done anything wrong.

What planet are these people living on!!!!!!! How the f@ck did we cheat when we got Billy Sharp? Must be a wind-up!!

And that's the problem - it's not a wind up. Since day one of this thread they have failed to grasp the concept of actually be able to pay what they owe. They continually point to other clubs that are in debt (nearly every club in the league probably), and say that they are also cheats as they owe money.

What they fail to grasp is the simple fact that those clubs are 'managing and servicing' their debts whilst pfc were not able to - hence, especially in the case of HMRC and some of the more local debt - they simply seemed to ignore it.

It is a very simply concept - having debt and managing it - but even after all these pages - they still do not get it.

we've also established that there's a significant percentage who don't understand, nor care.

Most pompey fans I see have no concept of the debt, they don't even realise that it hasn't been paid off.

But they aren't worried, because the only thing that counts is what happens on the pitch.

They won the cup - the fact that it terminally crippled the business for a generation is irrelevant - a win's a win!

Even now there are very few who make the connection between massive overspending and long term problems.

Rather than fearing for the whole club's future, most seem more worried about who will play in the next game, or demand to know why they haven't brought in a Premier League striker.

I know this seems unlikely, but I know perfectly intelligent skates, who will not accept that the figures don't stack up.

The toyman's myth of 'ringfenced parachute payments' and the denial about wages just add to the comforting notion that everything will be fine.

They believe what they want to believe, and as with many clubs, some supporters are so casual they just wandered off when it got complex.

Many people down east just don't care nor understand what happens off the pitch.

You could liquidate and bulldoze the arena and dim people would still turn up next saturday asking why there's no game.

There's no point in trying to explain it anymore.

spot the difference for simpletons -

Man Utd has big debt - Man Utd pays off big debt.

pompey has big debt - pompey pays nothing....

Read all about it here....

A Story About how Russian Railways along with the “Solntsevo” guys have knocked out $1billion

As is often the case with spiders, they start eating each other after losing the common goal to get prey. In our story, the choice fell on the “weakest link” in the chain of Russian Railways debtors – banker German Gorbuntsov.

However, it was German Gorbuntsov who was chosen as the victim and who was the easiest prey among Russian Railways debtors. Gorbuntsov and his wife Larisa described the events in their written statement to a law enforcement agency.

To sound more convincing, the guys from Solntsevo took out their revolvers. Then Usherovich informed Larisa what would happen to her family in case she refuses to sign. According to Gorbuntsov’s written statement, Usherovich said that Larisa would be kidnapped right from his office, their son would be sent to jail on false charges, their cottage in “Gorki-1” would be burned down the following night. As a result, the woman had signed all the papers. In several days her husband did the same under similar circumstances. As the Gorbuntsovs further say in their statement, they had to give up the “Sports Center in Sokolniki”, Industrial Financial Group “STB”, 2 lots in the Odintsovo district, 100 thousand square meters of commercial real estate, shares in six banks and six plants, etc. The total damage was estimated at $1 billion.

At this point father and son Antonovs came to the rescue. They proposed a scheme according to which the debt would not only be repaid, but all participants in the scheme would significantly profit. And this would happen at the expense of Central Bank of Russian Federation funds. This is not the first time father and son have used this scheme.

Im surprised how little discussion has taken place on this magnificent thread about this assassination...

So once again RUmafia.com is bang on the money...

and in this mornings Telegraph (along with BBC reports over the weekend), the Antonov name is directly linked with Gorbuntsov.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/9165827/Black-cab-driver-could-hold-key-to-assassination-of-German-Gorbuntsov.html

Mr Gorbuntsov, 45, had recently submitted new evidence to Russian police about the 2009 attempted murder of another Russian banker, Alexander Antonov...

Officers re-opened the case on March 2 this year after Mr Gorbuntsov submitted new testimony to police.

He is believed to have suggested that some of his former business associates were involved in the attempt to murder Mr Antonov.

I find it genuinely baffling that this mafia gang have seemingly strolled into the south east of the UK, set up their operations through cesspits like pompey and seem to get past the authorities... Antonov and his mob are clearly very very dodgy and this Canary wharf murder attempt shows how capable and dangerous they are. The horiffic stories on RUmafia.com are now being played out in our own back yard.

But Lampitt, the FAs Former Head of Integrity claimed they were the real deal! Unless he has the revolver treatment too!

Staggering, but this is the only type of investor pompey can attract.

Boo Hoo........I'm filling up

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/coventry-city-2-pompey-0-1-3665997

The little boy gripped his father’s hand as he walked away from the Ricoh Arena.

Tied tightly to his other wrist were half a dozen blue and white balloons.

Soaring high one moment, the next they will be deflated.

Today’s smiles will be replaced by tomorrow’s tears for that little lad.

It’s a fate with which Pompey fans can certainly empathise.

In the build-up to Saturday’s fixture, confidence was lifted skywards following a memorable Birmingham romp.

Suddenly the Great Escape was on, the belief surging through the famous old city was tangible.

Then it all came crashing down to earth within 90 minutes against Coventry City.

The balloon had been burst.

Boo Hoo........I'm filling up

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/coventry-city-2-pompey-0-1-3665997

The little boy gripped his father’s hand as he walked away from the Ricoh Arena.

Tied tightly to his other wrist were half a dozen blue and white balloons.

Soaring high one moment, the next they will be deflated.

Today’s smiles will be replaced by tomorrow’s tears for that little lad.

It’s a fate with which Pompey fans can certainly empathise.

In the build-up to Saturday’s fixture, confidence was lifted skywards following a memorable Birmingham romp.

Suddenly the Great Escape was on, the belief surging through the famous old city was tangible.

Then it all came crashing down to earth within 90 minutes against Coventry City.

The balloon had been burst.

Oh that made me think and ooh look at the lyrics

Goodbye-ee, Goodbye-ee,

Wipe the tear, baby dear, from your eye-ee

Tho' it's hard to part, I know,

I'll be tickled to death to go,

Don't cry-ee, don't sigh-ee,

There's a silver lining in the sky-ee!

Bon Soir, old thing! Cheerio! Chin-Chin,

Nah-Poo, Toodle-oo, Goodbye-ee

Which then made me look a bit more and

....Or maybe

And gang - this is a classic.

How appropriate

They seem to be lasting til the season's end and happy to spend money again. Is this a last ditch attempt to stay up? What's the logic in this given the likely further points deductions? And why does it matter what league you're in if you're liquidated anyway? Is it the administrator's job to allow further signings on the off chance they stay up? Is that not gambling using more debt? Yes some loans may be 'free', but it's someone else on their knackered bus to feed and get to games and accommodate isn't it. You don't cut costs by bringing players in regardless.

The way I understand it is that there really isn't any viable youth option for them. They know they have to ship out as many high earners as possible, but the problem is who to replace them with. I assume they've gone for the cheapest loan options they can afford to see them competitive 'till the end of the season. As you say though, from the outside looking in, it doesn't seem like they've done nearly enough, and I wonder where the money's coming from.

but Adrian, that makes the league unfair.

If they were forced to work to a budget and had to play the kids they would go to places like Coventry for a massive game and offer an inept feeble performance that....oh, hang on....

Perhaps their definitions of quality and quantity hasn't helped either....after all they were UnAppy's quality battling troops that surrendered like a blubbing toddler when faced with the wall of hate in the Coventry cauldron of noise.

I think in this Olympic year we need to introduce the non-competitive spirit that some people seem to want.

The one where kids all run around together as it isn't really 'a race', the fast ones who have trained hard have to wait for the lazy b-stards, and everyone gets a prize just for fricking showing up.

It's clubs like us and Reading that have messed up the league, working hard, creating a team spirit and coaching players to improve.

The table was perfectly good before we came along with our fancy ideas, we need to get back to basics and let everyone have a go, otherwise it isn't fair on those who haven't bothered to budget or those who are just plain sh)t.

Saw the headline "Blues pay the penalty" and thought at last they are paying something but alas...i was wrong...how stupid of me to even think

they would pay anything except TBH

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/blues-pay-the-penalty-1-3665991

I even found this word ‘honesty’ in the script...:eek:

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

The way I understand it is that there really isn't any viable youth option for them. They know they have to ship out as many high earners as possible, but the problem is who to replace them with. I assume they've gone for the cheapest loan options they can afford to see them competitive 'till the end of the season. As you say though, from the outside looking in, it doesn't seem like they've done nearly enough, and I wonder where the money's coming from.

I actually think Birch took a calculated gamble on not loaning out Pearce, Ward & Varney after a couple of better results - one last spin of the wheel to try & avoid relegation. In the Champ there is still a slight chance someone might turn up out of the blue with the cash required, League One - not a skate's chance in hell. And at that point another few hundred grand on the final figure barely even registers.

I thought their youth team beat ours at Staplewood earlier in the season?

If they did then there must be someone decent in there to promote

Yeah, but most of our best youth players were rested as they'd played for the ressies (and a few for England youth teams I think) a few days before.

I don't know why they haven't been using youth players already tbh, I would rather have a full bench with a few youth players on it than naming 3 first-team subs and leaving yourself short in some areas.

My problem here is 'viable' youth options. If they're at the club and have 2 legs, they're viable. Any judgment on talent/ability is just them believing they have some right to a particularly level of quality. Why? Other clubs don't. Every other club in administration just makes do with what they've got. Was Olly Lancashire a 'viable' defender? I hear them moan about needing to stay 'competitive' so often. Again, why? Teams don't loan in 11 players to visit Old Trafford do they? The bottom club of every league technically hasn't been 'competitive' enough has it? That's the whole point of the league system; relegating the least competitive and rewarding the most. No club has some divine right to it.

Even if you get rid of a higher earner and replace them with someone cheaper, that's surely not proper cost cutting. In that situation it should be getting rid of high earners and bringing in absolutely no-one. If they have to play kids rather than loan them out to lower league clubs then tough. Administration isn't supposed to be fun, it isn't supposed to leave you competitive and signing players. It should be the lowest ebb of any club and a warning to all other clubs; something to avoid desperately, not a valid option for writing off debt at minimal punishment after an FA cup win.

The Skates have just brought in a couple of younsters on loan, whilst having loaned out a couple of their youngsters quite recently. Only I suspect that those brought in are more capable than those who have gone out. This is cheating and shouldn't have been allowed. The FL rules probably permitted it because those players loaned out had not played a certain number of matches at senior level, whereas I can't be arsed to check on whether those brought in fulfilled that criteria at their clubs.

But looking at their Reserve/Academy squad, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy, there are several players who could have played for them, had they done what we and other clubs did under similar circumstances and played the youngsters.

For crissakes, there are three 18 year olds who have played for Australia at under 17 level. Sam Magri could also have been good enough if he is deemed worthy of a trial by Liverpool. The three out on loan to Poole, Totton and Frome, are all 19 year olds.

Cheats, cheats, cheats.

Yeah, but most of our best youth players were rested as they'd played for the ressies (and a few for England youth teams I think) a few days before.

I don't know why they haven't been using youth players already tbh, I would rather have a full bench with a few youth players on it than naming 3 first-team subs and leaving yourself short in some areas.

Perfectly logical solution to threadbare squads throughout the beautiful game - but the skates have a cheating agenda to adhere to.

There is a shady reason for everything they do, the air is always a little misty and there is always a dark cloud handing over Fratton.

Normally it comes down to them breaking the rules, or bending them to the point they have in all but name broken the rules. Its highly unsporting, against the spirit of the game, undermines the integrity of the competition, and sticks two fingers up at your fellow competitors...

But it was OK for FA Head of Integrity and it was OK for Stevie Cotterils quality over quantity strategy.

It does surprise me that Voldermort has continued with the Q-O-Q strategy given his previous as youth coaches etc... mind you I do have a pinch of sympathy for Voldy, he does come across as a nervous, quivering wreck these days since he fell into the DCF-Peoples republic of portsea... I can imagine he wants to guide them to league 1 and get the hell out before Vladimir and Dubov come to see him with their henchmen.

Still surprised no body is interested in the mafia shooting of Gorbuntsov sp. in Canary wharf. Gunned down in the street by a machine gun - and he has just given evidence towards Antonov seniors attempted assassination in Russia FFS!.. are they business partners or business rivals? Surely Vlad would be mad to order a hit with a european arrest warrant hanging over his head? Mind you, im not down with international crime syndicates.

Has there been any word on whether the 1000 or so thickos who had bought tickets for the derby game but not booked a seat on a coach had sorted themselves out yet?

That would be hilarious if hundreds of them have paid £27 for a match voucher but can't get on a coach :lol:

Justin Gladdis, the PA announcer at SMS is on twitter (@justingladdis). I tweeted him asking if he has a say in which music can be played after the game. Seems he does have an influence.

My suggestion (IF we win and only IF we win) was...

[video=youtube;yqLLDZvbG-U]

http://www.twitter.com/justingladdis

God I have such mixed feelings about that song - couldn't hear it for years - starting to like it now we've turned it around onto them but there is still the ghost of clauses past

Has there been any word on whether the 1000 or so thickos who had bought tickets for the derby game but not booked a seat on a coach had sorted themselves out yet?

That would be hilarious if hundreds of them have paid £27 for a match voucher but can't get on a coach :lol:

had heard that they were waiting for coaches to come back from Appleby Horse Fair but have now been told they got hold of wrong end of the stick again

Any news about the takeover bid mate?

I thought their youth team beat ours at Staplewood earlier in the season?

If they did then there must be someone decent in there to promote

The fact of the matter is that Pompey don't seem to have a clue how to bring on their young talent. They are so concerned with paying big wages to "star" names that they have no idea how to develop their own. The folly of their policy towards their youth team is summed up by the examples of Matt Ritchie and Marlon Pack.

At the recent Football League awards Matt Ritchie from Swindon won the League 2 award . He is 22 years old. Marlon Pack from Cheltenham was nominated for the League 2 player. He is 20. Both were academy players with Pompey before being released. Pack played just 1 game for them. Ritchie played 7 games for the first team.

Both of these youngsters must have talent to have picked up these accolades. Most clubs tend to encourage youth to develop. Did these two get this chance at Pompey ? Would they have been cheaper than some of the "super stars" they have recently acquired ? Could they have done a worse job on the field ? The strange Pompey mindset of "sod the youth, lets play 30 plus has beens on big money " meant that they had to go elsewhere to develop.

Next season Ritchie will be in the same division as Pompey (provided they last that long!) Apparently Swindon even rejected a £500k bid for him earlier this season. £500k would surely have been most handy now for Pompey whilst they wait for the £20 million from Tescos that Ho told us about !!

It makes you wonder what would have happened if Skate Chamberlain had encouraged his son Alex to go to Pompey instead of us. I guess that he would have been kept out of the first team by Liam Lawrence!!