Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The fact of the matter is that Pompey don't seem to have a clue how to bring on their young talent. They are so concerned with paying big wages to "star" names that they have no idea how to develop their own. The folly of their policy towards their youth team is summed up by the examples of Matt Ritchie and Marlon Pack.

At the recent Football League awards Matt Ritchie from Swindon won the League 2 award . He is 22 years old. Marlon Pack from Cheltenham was nominated for the League 2 player. He is 20. Both were academy players with Pompey before being released. Pack played just 1 game for them. Ritchie played 7 games for the first team.

Both of these youngsters must have talent to have picked up these accolades. Most clubs tend to encourage youth to develop. Did these two get this chance at Pompey ? Would they have been cheaper than some of the "super stars" they have recently acquired ? Could they have done a worse job on the field ? The strange Pompey mindset of "sod the youth, lets play 30 plus has beens on big money " meant that they had to go elsewhere to develop.

Next season Ritchie will be in the same division as Pompey (provided they last that long!) Apparently Swindon even rejected a £500k bid for him earlier this season. £500k would surely have been most handy now for Pompey whilst they wait for the £20 million from Tescos that Ho told us about !!

It makes you wonder what would have happened if Skate Chamberlain had encouraged his son Alex to go to Pompey instead of us. I guess that he would have been kept out of the first team by Liam Lawrence!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I call as principal witness for the prosecution Mr H Redknapp.

Doesn't trust kids, doesn't trust any player he hasn't signed. Again, the Stalinist re-writing of history/selective memory of national sports hacks when it comes to matters concerning H Redknapp means his treatment of Gareth Bale when he went to Spurs is almost forgotten. Didn't play him, tried to shove him out on loan and made it clear that he didn't rate Bale. It was only when injuries forced Redknapp to play Bale that he suddenly realised what a good player he is.

Redknapp loves to trot out the line about Rio Ferdinand and Joe Cole being part of the West Ham academy but they got their chance despite of Redknapp, not because of him.

And why should he take any interest in long-term projects at a club when he usually has a chairman who he can badger to spend large amounts of money on the 30-plus has-beens on big money?

God I have such mixed feelings about that song - couldn't hear it for years - starting to like it now we've turned it around onto them but there is still the ghost of clauses past

If we win and this song played and the whole stadium sing it together as one towards the blue phew, it will cement it as ours. They will hate it forever more.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I call as principal witness for the prosecution Mr H Redknapp.

Doesn't trust kids, doesn't trust any player he hasn't signed. Again, the Stalinist re-writing of history/selective memory of national sports hacks when it comes to matters concerning H Redknapp means his treatment of Gareth Bale when he went to Spurs is almost forgotten. Didn't play him, tried to shove him out on loan and made it clear that he didn't rate Bale. It was only when injuries forced Redknapp to play Bale that he suddenly realised what a good player he is.

Redknapp loves to trot out the line about Rio Ferdinand and Joe Cole being part of the West Ham academy but they got their chance despite of Redknapp, not because of him.

And why should he take any interest in long-term projects at a club when he usually has a chairman who he can badger to spend large amounts of money on the 30-plus has-beens on big money?

And this - amongst a host of other reasons - is why he should not be allowed anywhere near the national team job.

He bears more than the blatantly obvious blame for the plight of the clubs he's left in disarray...fortunately our pedigree an a slice of luck in ML/NC allowed us to break free from his poisonous after-effects.

P*mpey of course gave him freedom of the city....his legacy to them looks like it's going to be the Wessex League...Shalalalalalala etc

We need to teach that daft skate the lyrics to no money in the bank for his lift back down...

But in lighter news, Portsmouth FC and the Antonovs are all tied in to the recent assassination attempt on Gorbuntsov. Interestingly the name Mendeleyev pops up again, whose Mirax group was listed as a partner on various Converse websites. The paper is suggesting that Gorbuntsov has named Mendeleyev and Chuvilin as the two involved in the attempted murder of Vladimirs old man.

Its all down to the Russian railways hussle too, with reports that £415 million was passed to a bank owned by Gorbuntsov and his 'allies' (Vlad etc?) and then disappeared...

A Moscow oligarch whose attempted killers were allegedly fingered by the banker shot in London has claimed Russian 'terrorism' has arrived on Britain's streets.

Alexander Antonov spoke out in support of German Gorbuntsov, 45, now in a coma after being gunned down in a suspected contract killing attempt last Tuesday.

Shortly before the attack the wounded banker had given evidence implicating his own associates in an earlier mafia-style assassination bid against Mr Antonov, a key figure in the Converse Bank empire.

Yesterday, 61-year-old Mr Antonov claimed that he and Mr Gorbuntsov had 'normal' and even 'friendly' relations.

'He was not a part of the assassination attempt. He had some information about how it was prepared, and wanted to pass it on, that's it,' he said.

Asked if he agreed that the two men named by Mr Gorbuntsov to Russian prosecutors - Pyotr Chuvilin and Sergei Mendeleyev - as being behind the Mr Antonov assassination attempt, were indeed involved.

'I'm scared to give the positive answer to that, is it up to the investigation and the court to establish it. But they can be somewhere there. Nearby. '

With the would-be assassin still on the loose there were fears for the safety of Mr Gorbuntsov’s wife Larisa, 46, and son.

Uncanny, RUMafia has know she has been at risk for years, they knew the couple fled russia, they knew the mafia forced them to sign off their assets...

Alexander Antonov, father of former Portsmouth FC owner Vladimir Antonov, lost the use of an arm after a 2009 assassination bid in Moscow.

Three Chechen men were convicted of attempted murder and sent to prison on long sentences a year later, but police never identified the mastermind.

The same gang was convicted of killing Ruslan Yamadayev, rivals to hardman Ramzan Kadyrov, Chechnya's Kremlin-backed president.

There was also an apparent financial wrangle with state-controlled Russian Railways, whose president is an ally of Vladimir Putin.

An estimated £415million was allegedly not repaid after being deposited by the business into a Moscow bank whose ownership later passed to Mr Gorbuntsov and his associates.

I remember one of our posters on here who may or may not have links to the police mentioned rumours that the Russian mafia had arrived in the South East and Hampshire in specific... well there you go, RUMafia, an SWF poster and now the National Press all highlighting the terrorism... and once again it all goes through pompey fc!

Incredible...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120433/German-Gorbuntsov-shooting-Alexander-Antonov-warns-Russian-terrorism-arrived-Britain.html

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/558539306?-11209

Looks like they want to get rid of players by having contracts cancelled by mutual consent. cant see many of them doing that, and how would they pay them off any way,

They wouldn't pay them off. By 'mutual consent' they expect the players to mutually walk away for nothing.

Can't see them getting too many takers for that. I can't see Granddad Kanu or Ron Weasley Kitson walking away from the thick end of half a million. Who would? You can't blame players for clinging on to what they are owed.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/558539306?-11209

Looks like they want to get rid of players by having contracts cancelled by mutual consent. cant see many of them doing that, and how would they pay them off any way,

yes, probably after they lost to Cov and the likelihood of staying up is getting less so maybe it's dawning on them they should have loaned out more players.

They've loaned out numerous players but what happens at the end of the season? I understand these players are on a loan with a view to buy deal but what if any clubs pull out of buying (because the players have serve their purpose for them but are not in next seasons plans). Is this a possibility and if so P****y will be left with the same over paid heroes that they had a few weeks back.

yes, probably after they lost to Cov and the likelihood of staying up is getting less so maybe it's dawning on them they should have loaned out more players.

They've loaned out numerous players but what happens at the end of the season? I understand these players are on a loan with a view to buy deal but what if any clubs pull out of buying (because the players have serve their purpose for them but are not in next seasons plans). Is this a possibility and if so P****y will be left with the same over paid heroes that they had a few weeks back.

I suspect most (if not all) of the loan deals were with an *obligation* to buy rather than an *option*. That way, the administrator can guarantee that those wages are off the payroll for good.

They wouldn't pay them off. By 'mutual consent' they expect the players to mutually walk away for nothing.

Can't see them getting too many takers for that. I can't see Granddad Kanu or Ron Weasley Kitson walking away from the thick end of half a million. Who would? You can't blame players for clinging on to what they are owed.

I could only see it working if the player (with or without help from the club) already had an offer from another club lined up. If a player is out of contract, I believe that they can be signed at any time in the season (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

It couldn't be a transfer, so PFC wouldn't get any money - but they'd be reducing the wage bill.

But without another club to go to immediately, I don't see why a player would think for a moment of this option. I'm assuming that cancelling the contract "by mutual consent" wouldn't stop the player being able to claim unpaid wages from when they were at the club.

I suspect most (if not all) of the loan deals were with an *obligation* to buy rather than an *option*. That way, the administrator can guarantee that those wages are off the payroll for good.

I doubt that. Reading, Brum, Cardiff and Wham are/were all chasing promotion. I doubt if they go up they'd want to keep players like Mullins and Huseklepp.

The fact of the matter is that Pompey don't seem to have a clue how to bring on their young talent. They are so concerned with paying big wages to "star" names that they have no idea how to develop their own. The folly of their policy towards their youth team is summed up by the examples of Matt Ritchie and Marlon Pack.

At the recent Football League awards Matt Ritchie from Swindon won the League 2 award . He is 22 years old. Marlon Pack from Cheltenham was nominated for the League 2 player. He is 20. Both were academy players with Pompey before being released. Pack played just 1 game for them. Ritchie played 7 games for the first team.

Both of these youngsters must have talent to have picked up these accolades. Most clubs tend to encourage youth to develop. Did these two get this chance at Pompey ? Would they have been cheaper than some of the "super stars" they have recently acquired ? Could they have done a worse job on the field ? The strange Pompey mindset of "sod the youth, lets play 30 plus has beens on big money " meant that they had to go elsewhere to develop.

Next season Ritchie will be in the same division as Pompey (provided they last that long!) Apparently Swindon even rejected a £500k bid for him earlier this season. £500k would surely have been most handy now for Pompey whilst they wait for the £20 million from Tescos that Ho told us about !!

It makes you wonder what would have happened if Skate Chamberlain had encouraged his son Alex to go to Pompey instead of us. I guess that he would have been kept out of the first team by Liam Lawrence!!

Having seen Pack play many times for Cheltenham he is a real talent. Reminds me of Morgan a few years ago in the way he can control the midfield. Pretty good set piece too. By no means the finished article but better than some of the youngsters we played, such as Lloyd James.

That is very likely. The deal for Varney (?) with Forest apparently fell down because Forest weren't prepared to commit to buy at the end of the season.

I suppose here is a very faint hope that a player might agree to a mutual cancellation of contract if he thinks he will be able to sign for another club on a free. But the big earners won't do that because no other club will pay them as much, so if anyone is prepared to go now it will be a relatively cheap wage earner who is relatively good... who they won't want to lose anyway.

I doubt that. Reading, Brum, Cardiff and Wham are/were all chasing promotion. I doubt if they go up they'd want to keep players like Mullins and Huseklepp.

They would get them at bargain basement prices so committing to buy wouldn't be any sort of gamble.

They would get them at bargain basement prices so committing to buy wouldn't be any sort of gamble.

Gamble is the wrong word, they are pointless signings if you don't want them.

Lets say we got promoted and our first summer signings were Mullins and Huseklepp from the Skates. You'd be pretty p*ssed off.

Gamble is the wrong word, they are pointless signings if you don't want them.

Lets say we got promoted and our first summer signings were Mullins and Huseklepp from the Skates. You'd be pretty p*ssed off.

But if they help them get promoted they are not pointless.

God I have such mixed feelings about that song - couldn't hear it for years - starting to like it now we've turned it around onto them but there is still the ghost of clauses past
I too couldn't stand it, but having turned it back on the skates it actually feels good singing it and helps dissolve the nightmare

But if they help them get promoted they are not pointless.

They are if you've already been promoted. If you want them to get you up, then you would just take them on a season long loan with an option to buy. Nobody in their right mind is going to give several year long permanent contracts to a player they don't even want.

Before they went into Admin the first time they signed a young french lad of 17 from Paris St Germain. Paid him £2000 per week and so he was not alone in a strange country they paid for a flat so that his older sister and younger brother could live in the UK, I believe parents were dead.

Now the younger lad could also play and was signed to there Academy.

When they went into Admin in 2010 the elder boy was sold to Lucerne and the younger boy was told he was released from the Academy and handed back all of his kit, he never stepped foot in the Academy again.

The younger boy and his sister stayed in the UK in different accomodation and the boy now 11 started to play football for a few local sides.

This year, still playing for a local side, he had trials at Saints and Chelsea and eventually Chelsea invited him to join their Academy.

Chelsea then contacted the Premier League to ensure the boy was not registered with another club, and discovered that Pompey had not cancelled the registration even though they had not seen the boy for over 2 years.

The local club involved were hauled over the coals for playing an Academy player, even though the young french lad thought he had been kicked out as he had been told that and had had no involvement.

The final bit of the story is that the Skates are now demanding Chelsea pay them a fee of , i believe, £25000 for a 13 year boys registration, a boy they threw out.

Before they went into Admin the first time they signed a young french lad of 17 from Paris St Germain. Paid him £2000 per week and so he was not alone in a strange country they paid for a flat so that his older sister and younger brother could live in the UK, I believe parents were dead.

When they went into Admin in 2010 the elder boy was sold to Lucerne and the younger boy was told he was released from the Academy and handed back all of his kit, he never stepped foot in the Academy again.

The younger boy and his sister stayed in the UK in different accomodation and the boy now 11 started to play football for a few local sides.

This year, still playing for a local side, he had trials at Saints and Chelsea and eventually Chelsea invited him to join their Academy.

Chelsea then contacted the Premier League to ensure the boy was not registered with another club, and discovered that Pompey had not cancelled the registration even though they had not seen the boy for over 2 years.

The local club involved were hauled over the coals for playing an Academy player, even though the young french lad thought he had been kicked out as he had been told that and had had no involvement.

The final bit of the story is that the Skates are now demanding Chelsea pay them a fee of , i believe, £25000 for a 13 year boys registration, a boy they threw out.

I f*cking hate those skate c*nts and everything they stand for.

C*nts.

Just saw this headline and for a split second thought they were making a film about Fratton Park and Pompey fans....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/movie-star-russell-crowe-films-les-miserables-in-portsmouth-1-3670748

"Movie star Russell Crowe films Les Miserables in Portsmouth"

There's probably some dopey skate c*nts badgering him to save Pompey.

Has there been any word on whether the 1000 or so thickos who had bought tickets for the derby game but not booked a seat on a coach had sorted themselves out yet?

That would be hilarious if hundreds of them have paid £27 for a match voucher but can't get on a coach :lol:

Can't find any for hire, but I'm sure they could tap Mr Birch up for a few quid to pay for some of these http://gypsywaggons.co.uk/varforsale.htm

Please remember this is the Football League's Family Club of the Year... not forgetting a shortlisting for Community Club of the Year :facepalm:

Thing is, if they stayed up having played their kids with a thread bare squad you could argue it was a well earned battle - If they saty having been allowed to sign loanees from prem clubs, whilst thsoe around them make do with limited resources, it just makes a mockery of the very integrity of the competition the FL say they are so keen to defend... What the skates dont get is that is why I cant stand them - that they cant even see how they have been so lucky in the authorities have treated them - they just carry on bleating that they have been hard done by...

2-0 v Hull. Still don't think they're going down. Gap is very small and without further points deduction they'll gain more than those around them as they still have a decent expensive squad. Their new loan striker seems quite good. Not sure how that fits in with them wanting a level playing field, as they appear to have a hugely advantageous one. Anyway, the game at SMS won't be the easy win many think, they still have lots of experienced defenders and will be battling to stay up.

Nice to see there's still some level headed people out there not claiming they're going down, going to be liquidated, toast etc.... We knew at the time of the points deduction that they'd amassed enough points at the time to not be massively affected by losing ten points, and their team is more than capable of staying up. They've gotten away with it all again. Why are the football authorities so afraid of giving them a proper punishment.

Nice to see there's still some level headed people out there not claiming they're going down, going to be liquidated, toast etc.... We knew at the time of the points deduction that they'd amassed enough points at the time to not be massively affected by losing ten points, and their team is more than capable of staying up. They've gotten away with it all again. Why are the football authorities so afraid of giving them a proper punishment.

Nothing has changed, don't you get that? No matter what they do on the pitch the problems off it haven't gone away and that is all that really matters.

Birch gambled after the Brum win not to offload anymore players, aware that it's easier to sell a NPC club than a L1 club BUT without a buyer they are still totally fu cked.

It's no accident that he's told the pompey fans groups not to put any money into the club but to use it for Plan B.

As this thread has shown so far, cheating seems to pay. They're likely to get a win this Saturday as well.

maybe they're awaiting the official collapse of CVA1 at the weekend before dishing out more penalties, but we all know the FL will somehow ignore that too.

I see they nearly packed the park, just the 25% shortfall again - cashflow forecasts must be as scary as an Avram Grant bloodtest.

But on a positive note, they haven't invited murderers in to launder money through the club for a few months now, so that's progress.

Only half of their points this season were gained using money stolen from Eastern European pensioners - the FL seems to be pretending that hasn't happened and hoping it all goes away.

Dirty club.

They need to build a new clean one if they want any respect.

As this thread has shown so far, cheating seems to pay. They're likely to get a win this Saturday as well.

If ever there was a example that the penalties and restrictions for going into administration are too slack, Pompey are it. Also, to a slightly lessr extent, Crystal Palace. I've nothing against the Eagles, but their admin in the last year or two was also a sham; -10 points, pay 1p in the pound of debts, stayed in the same league. It just doesn't sit right with me. Administration should be a proper punishment, and for me it doesn't quite work right now.

Edited by The Kraken

A result that will more than likely lift them out of the relegation places, providing them with a ****load of confidence going into derby day.

Can you imagine how badly they will react if they climb out the relegation zone at the weekend and then are hit with the points deduction on Monday? I don't see how they could argue against it, given it's common knowledge they haven't paid the CVA, but there's little doubt they'd take it as victimisation etc.

Really hope the league show some sense of equal punishment and sort out the points deduction ASAP.

I bet they don't get a point deduction for failing to pay the CVA.

THis is a quote from a friend of mine who still hasn't seen the light ........unbelievable really!!

'I have nothing to add other than we're enjoying every small victory we get as times at FP are very, very tough. We're the best fans in the football league but unfortunately, much to the amusement of SFC "fans" we only number a few, our great club has been managed attrociously and we're now paying the price. We've never cheated, we've been cheated. We also never gloated when SFC were in turmoil and possibly facing extinction. There may well be one (league) club in Hampshire soon, but my season ticket money will go to Havant & Waterlooville with their true fans and no plastic support from Premier League Johnny come lateley's. PUP PPU PTID over & out'

THis is a quote from a friend of mine who still hasn't seen the light ........unbelievable really!!

'I have nothing to add other than we're enjoying every small victory we get as times at FP are very, very tough. We're the best fans in the football league but unfortunately, much to the amusement of SFC "fans" we only number a few, our great club has been managed attrociously and we're now paying the price. We've never cheated, we've been cheated. We also never gloated when SFC were in turmoil and possibly facing extinction. There may well be one (league) club in Hampshire soon, but my season ticket money will go to Havant & Waterlooville with their true fans and no plastic support from Premier League Johnny come lateley's. PUP PPU PTID over & out'

Given all that has gone before - that is actually quite sickening.

god help Havant and Waterlooville

Saints fans (especially on this thread) remind me, in the loosest possible sense of course, of scientists working on a theory and the Skates remind me of Religious groups. Saints fans will look for hard evidence, proof and facts about a theory to do with Pompeys plight and will believe it until it can be fairly proved wrong. The Skates on the other hand just stick their fingers in their ears and say "Sha la la we can't hear you, we're right you're wrong, we're being cheated, greatest fans, PUP PPU".

That's actually quite an assuring read. I was beginning to think that our 'friends' down the road were starting to show signs of intelligence but your friend has reaffirmed that they still have the intellect of a jibbering baboon. (with apologies in advance to any genuine primates who may be reading this thread)

To be fair, maybe the writer means "the fans have never cheated", which is true enough; fans get very little opportunity to cheat.