Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Two in on loan from Man Citeh until the end of the season. :toppa:

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Manchester-City-Pair-Sign-3263.aspx

Oh, and here's something from someone else who thinks we're pretty good. Merson: "they were the best fans I ever played in front of if I'm honest. You used to get 19,000 down there and it would feel like 100,000 people."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17445131

All lies of course. As we all know, attendance is everything. Nothing else matters....

Merson? The ex-alcoholic, cokehead? Who's played for Arsenal, Walsall, Villa and M'Boro, all really famed for the noise they make. When you've got a big game you make a fair amount of noise, the rest of the time your support is dire, as shown by no end of examples on here. The Skates always try this when desperate "but we're the loudest", always a sign you've really got nothing left..... Edited by Sour Mash

Yep, we're in real trouble aren't we? We're in such a lot of trouble that we turned down £15million from Tottenham for Diarra before the window closed. And before anyone says that was a Redknapp lie, no-one from Spurs ever refuted that statement.......

Even if all the above turns out to be true, we've still had the best five years most of us have ever seen. **** it, if it all fell apart tomorrow It's still been brilliant......

You're gonna hate this but from a different viewpoint a lot of your arguments about support are down to the fact that most of you have been spoilt for the last 30 odd years.

How many of you on here remember 10+ seasons of lower league football before you got back up after the cup win? Not many I would guess. So most of you only remember top flight football. The lower leagues are a bit of a shock aren't they? After the initial optimism of a swift return to the premiership fades, the harsh reality begins to sink in.

You don't get anywhere near the same amount of quality football, you don't get the same publicity, glamour, income or attendances.

You DO get loads more misplaced passes, poor tackling, shooting, goalkeeping, defending, and overall I can see that it must feel pretty **** after 27 years in the top flight?

So people start to complain. At first it's a poor team, a lack of investment. Then it's the players attitude, the stewarding, the expensive programme. As it gets worse you find more and more reasons to complain: You can't sit in one of the corners anymore, the replica kit is too expensive, and that bird with the big tits in the snack bar in the Northam has left to get a proper job somewhere else.

So how do you motivate yourself to really support the team with all this going on? Not easy.

The flip side is us. I started watching Pompey in 1974. We were **** then, and went onto become really **** and deeply **** in rapid succession. From 1974 onwards I endured 24 years of **** and just 5 where we were actually promoted or nearly promoted. So when the good times did come along we went ****ing mad. It was fantastic, something to be really treasured and appreciated. We were getting crowds of 23-25k in the old div 4 when the agony of the 70's decline was finally turned around.

A lot of you on here almost NEED to go through a lot more agony than the last three years before you'll be ready to really appreciate and grab hold of the upturn whenever it comes. If it takes you as long as us, god help you because it's a miserable existance. The only consolation is that it will feel so, so sweet when it finally happens.......

We are not £90m in debt. We're in debt, but I understand that it's less than half that. Still a millstone round our necks admittedly, but serviceable (just) all the time the sky money rolls in, although I think the urgency to raise more finance is cranking up a bit with the South African bank loan story now doing the rounds.

To be honest you'd be better off sharing with Eastleigh and upgrading their ground. You don't want to come to FP, we wouldn't want you there and the joint ground in Fareham idea dies quickly every time it's raised......

I could go on, but you're not worth it

The loan players are probably arrogant ****s who have been sent to toughen them up and make them realise that if they don't pull their fingers out they'll end up in a crap set-up like Portsmouth.

Blackpool have invested their Premiership money in infrastructure, even Stevenage welcomed their recent FA cup bonus as it would help them improve their facilities. Portsmouth rented a shipping container for their cones at somebody else's training ground and then failed even to pay the rent for that...

I could go on, but you're not worth it

Well obviously I am, otherwise you wouldn't have wasted all that time trawling back through my previous posts.

I'll remember just one of yours though, the one about how you'll be: "...taking the prem by storm."

So, seriously- you're going to win it are you?

PFC123 has returned... did they win a game or something?

Yeah, but we're not quite sure what'll bring Ho back. It's a shame Mero and Mack don't pop in: I think most of us feel sorry for the likes of them, and it's always easier to discuss things with intelligent people (leaving aside spelling!).

Well obviously I am, otherwise you wouldn't have wasted all that time trawling back through my previous posts.

I'll remember just one of yours though, the one about how you'll be: "...taking the prem by storm."

will try but one thing is for sure we will not go broke trying to buy success on the back of local charities and businesses

TROLL

shut up you c*nt. Ever heard the phrase 'figure of speech'?

You really are a f*cking mong

It took about 6 clicks, glad I bothered. It was only then that I realised how much of a troll you are. You only registered on here to troll in our relegation season, worked out pretty well for you didn't it? You are a sad pathetic low life internet nerd who's biggest excitement is to come and gloat about how you've broken the rules yet again to sign 2 players nobody outside of oldham has ever heard of

Every time there is a crumb of positivity you come on here telling us all how you'll be fine etc etc do you really think anyone on here gives a **** what you think?

Yeah, but we're not quite sure what'll bring Ho back. It's a shame Mero and Mack don't pop in: I think most of us feel sorry for the likes of them, and it's always easier to discuss things with intelligent people (leaving aside spelling!).

No problem with either of those 2.. they're a good laugh

Ho is still here, he just pretending to stay away by not logging in as ho

Hi Steve :wave: how's the family?

You really believe that don't you? You're going to be so disappointed.....

So what do you think will happen then? As far as I can see you have no buyer in sight, not even any half-interested bidders (or at least none that could be taken seriously). Unless you get a load of players off your books altogether you'll still be haemorrhaging money, and there's always the minor matter of a charge on Fratton Park and a debenture against the club, plus ownership of the land surrounding Fratton Park.

Or are you assuming liquidation and rebirth? And, if so, at what level and at what ground? It won't be Football League, it won't be at Fratton Park - or do you think otherwise?

Given your constant comments such as that above, I'd love to know how you think things will pan out - and a pat "We'll be fine" won't do it. What do you foresee happening?

It's the hope that will kill them.... Brilliant!!!

What odds on it going to the last game of the season, with them needing us beating Coventry for them to survive (having already won the championship) ...... West brom 05 anyone????

Can't wait to see all the fans balling their eyes out on the last game of the season.....

Given that:

a) We would not be in the same league as them the following season

b) Even staying in the championship may not stop them going into liquidation.

I think that in that situation we should play to win. No better way to show how large the difference is between the clubs.

Though ideally the last day scenario would be for Coventry to lose and them to win for them to stay up and that we completed our part but they failed to win.

Ideal scenario would be win the championship at Middlesboro, then a week later parade the trophy round SMS, let Coventry win to send the skates down which results in liquidation.

No, No, No. You are sinking to their level. Just imaging the level of confusion and mixed emotions if we saved them? They would be scarred for life.

PFC123 is ok and I'm glad he's allowed to post on here. He's quite amusing at times. Mero, Mack and Linvoy's were good also but they have disappeared. I don't mind Ho either just for the laughs.

At least this site doesn't ban Pompey posters unlike POL which does ban moderate Saints posters.

1nthner

Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 02:48 PM THERE ARE 2 1st YEAR SCHOOLARS AT FRATTON PARK THAT NOBODY IS GIVING A CHANCE, Mr APPLETON LOOKED AT THEM OVER THE XMAS PERIOD AND SINCE THEN THEY HAVE BEEN LEFT TO???????????????????????? even though they have been out on loan and have inproved in the last 3 month's they have still been left to ?????????????????? HAS Mr APPLETON LOOKED AT THEM SINCE XMAS OR HAS ANYONE WATCHED THEM WHILE ON LOAN, I DON'T THINK SO, THEY ARE AS GOOD AND BETTER THAN WHAT THEY ARE BRINGING THROUGH THE SYSTEM,

I think i understand but. Please re-write this using the correct grammar and type (not all capitals). Then it may make sense.

Dear skate morons.

Stop making yourselves look even MORE like a bunch of w@nkers than you already are.

You think the answer is to haranque us on attendance - ROFL

You think the answer is berate us about your "TM" intimidating Atmosphere. ROFL - EVERY Football Club in THE WORLD can put on an Intimidating Atmosphere.

You think you were noisy? You should have heard the noise in Anderlecht. (Oh where were you when that was going on?) Or MORE so in the home game?

You should have heard the noise in Bucharest.

You only take a small number but they make a lot of noise? Ha You should have heard the noise the 300 made in Marseille as we were Shot at and charged by 30,000 morons. You should have seen the fans laying on stretchers at the Airport on Drips - STILL SINGING

Keep opening your fingers you morons. All you can show in regard to the Atmosphere is Paul Merson and Thierry Henry? :lol:

Well here is an answer F\/ck off. We were there WAY before you even dreamed of getting you webbed fingers to work on a Keyboard

Pick your own choice it is not that difficult

You are "Intimidating", well of course you are - because you are DINOSAURS. The opposition aren't intimidated by a few multi fingered mongs, they are scared in case pieces of the STADIUM fall off. |Intinidating" went out with the Dinosaurs of the Millwall fans that destroyed Luton's ground on TV, the Leeds Fans who - well.

IT IS ALL ABOUT THE 1970'S WITH YOU LOT. The World game has moved on.

http://www.google.ae/search?q=The+Dell+%2B+Intimidating+%2B+Southampton&hl=ar&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7SMSN_en___GB373&prmd=imvns&ei=c4hrT4XbN8Wn0QWZ0JDOBg&start=0&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=799

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/facup/news/gareth-southgate-southampton-manchester-utd2487/

Saints' old home was a world away from the modern surroundings of Old Trafford. The changing rooms were inhospitable, and the fans were so close to the pitch that if you mis-timed a tackle you ended up in the third row of the stand.

The Dell was an intimidating to place to play

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/fb_news.php?storyid=11082&title=great_fa_cup_matches_v_man_utd_-_1977

have to say though that I have rarely encountered such an intimidating atmosphere at the Dell as that day

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+Beatt+rocks+Wenger+boys%3B+SOUTHAMPTON....3+Beattie+45,+59...-a094572392

WHEN Southampton moved from the Dell to St Marys last season there were fears that the gripping, intimidating atmosphere of the old ground could not be recaptured.

How foolish those fears are now proving, as Arsenal discovered yesterday when the league leaders were overwhelmed not just by the 11 men they faced on the pitch, but the admirable, passionate crowd who willed the home crowd to a memorable victory.

Oh and Atmosphere or fans?

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/southampton/

The stadium has (contrary to other reports) a great atmosphere and the facilities are first class. I particularly commend the Club for the friendliness of their staff, from the stewards to the catering staff. Even as I left the stadium, a steward wished me an enjoyable journey home! Considering that away supporters are almost treated with contempt at some other clubs, this was a refreshing change. Coupled with the relaxed attitude of the home supporters and the excellent facilities, they to me makes a visit to St Mary's one of the better days out in the League

Phil Jones adds; 'There was an excellent view from all around the ground and the atmosphere was good. I was impressed by their having toilet facilities around the perimeter of the ground which are accessible prior to the turnstiles opening. Well done Southampton, it's the little touches like these, for the fans comfort and enjoyment of the day, which make all the difference'.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14929

For a crap team they have a superb new stadium which creates the best atmospehere I have witnessed in ages

Oh, unlike the phew who post on here who TOLD us that they are special because they applauded Henry, you will note that not ONE of the articles I quoted is written by

Anyone associated with Saints

ie it is INDEPENDENT

ie IT IS NOT SOMETHING WE MADE UP

they only need 1,000 at Coventry because as Merson says, they are the bestest he's ever heard....

Though in fairness.....when he said that, he was hanging upside down in his seatbelt spewing cheap lager and amphetamines all over the dash of his smashed up Merc on the M40 - so perhaps as a character witness, his opinion on anything will be as sought after as a Christmas single by Myra Hindley and Gary Glitter.

He's just lucky the other great fratton favourite Uncle Avram didn't wander by while the plucky little addict was hanging there all helpless, confused....and pretty....he'd have soon cleared his airways for him.

Oh yes, the gropey old coaching genius would've taken him right up the nearest sliproad.

They couldn't take Merson's spirit!!

No, but they did take his licence - and his street cred.

Looks like Coventry don't trust them to pay for more than 1,000, bet they are looking forward to seeing all these new Prem players playing against them - that transfer embargo for missed tax is working a treat. :?

It's like the last administration when they just ignored it and flicked the Vs - come on you Sky Blues, go Robins go - looks like justice will only be dished out on the pitch.

Bring on the derby -the one at the silent under-populated St Fairies in little Delhi, the ground repossessed by the council because we've missed tax payments since the dock strike and the support of the Final Solution, the ground where we give out free tickets to asylum seekers, terrorists and the unemployed, and boo our own team in the warm-up etc.

The few are in for a fricking shock next month if they believe all the myths.

Merson, the pr!ck who can't pronounce AL's name or knew it was Morgan who crossed for RL at Millwall. This, even with the benefit of a monitor, a clueless drunk, druggie gambling disqualified driver only on TV because of the old pals pact.

Still, he can give an honest, sober assessment of the sh!te at FP.

Players always praise the noise in the sh1tty old small grounds with the fans closer to the pitch. PFC fans have missed this point as they're one of the last clubs in the top few leagues to still have such an awful old ground. Bad attendances, very average supporters, no need for a bigger stadium. Wouldn't even be worth mentioning if it weren't for the fact they bang on about being the best supporters around.

Reminds me a bit of Burnley, defeated Man Utd, got great praise for the atmosphere at Turf Moor, a proud history, reasonably well known club yet no need to move away from a ground that is antiquated on at least two sides. They just arn't that big, just like the Skates. The blue few simply arn't that special, and to suggest otherwise is an insult to the rest of the footballing community.

It's up there with the 'Geordie Nation' boll*cks as one of the most deluded stereotypes in the modern game.

Some gems from the retards over at Pompey fans online:

i can confirm its not on tv because the bbc had lots of complaints from scummers about pompey fans singing rude songs about them which included swear words.

unbelievable

It's save the scummers from more national embarrassment. They haven't got over our last visit.

So the scummers won't be seen blubbing on TV again when they have to settle for a play off place?

On Lambert:

fatty won't cut it in the prem

Premiership managers agree otherwise he would have been sold.......

Well done to Lambert he's had a good season this year but how many would he have scored if refs had picked up on his cheating? When he goes up for the ball his elbow always seems to get to opponents before his head reaches the ball and the scummers have the nerve to call us cheats! ScumFTW2 thats not very nice you silly little troll

How does he get away with it week in week out? He leads with his elbow every time he goes up for the ball. We could do with either...a decent ref for the derby...or a decent ref in one of the games leading up to it.

Quite simply he won't get away with it next season if they go up. High profile defenders appeal for everything & get it most of the time.

A step too far for him IMO.

With Pompey's recent signings, I was alway under the impression that there was a limit to the number of players a club could loan in a season, but I guess not.

Still seems very odd that Pompey don't seem to have a transfer embargo, Birmingham have one for far less. Again I'd have thought being in administration would trigger an automatic transfer embargo for incoming transfers iregardless of whether or not the club is supposed to pay their wages.

Currently as Portsmouth is in the hands of the administrator it is at their discretion which of the club’s assets is sold/removed on an ongoing basis from the playing squad and The League has no jurisdiction over who this is.

Any football club that is in administration will be subject to a transfer registrations embargo. The principle being that where clubs are not able to afford their current playing squad they are not permitted to sign anyone else. In view of any embargo The Football League cannot allow a club to sign any new players, unless they are unable to field a team, i.e. name fourteen fit players for any match (11 starters plus 3 ‘usable outfield substitutes’ – which is usual Football League policy). However, we only take account of players with any first team experience and young professionals who haven’t played at first team level are therefore discounted.

Currently as Portsmouth is in the hands of the administrator it is at their discretion which of the club’s assets is sold/removed on an ongoing basis from the playing squad and The League has no jurisdiction over who this is.

Any football club that is in administration will be subject to a transfer registrations embargo. The principle being that where clubs are not able to afford their current playing squad they are not permitted to sign anyone else. In view of any embargo The Football League cannot allow a club to sign any new players, unless they are unable to field a team, i.e. name fourteen fit players for any match (11 starters plus 3 ‘usable outfield substitutes’ – which is usual Football League policy). However, we only take account of players with any first team experience and young professionals who haven’t played at first team level are therefore discounted.

The Football league are in breach of this policy then....Pompey currently have more than 14 fit players.....but they were still allowed to bring more in.

Merson, the pr!ck who can't pronounce AL's name or knew it was Morgan who crossed for RL at Millwall. This, even with the benefit of a monitor, a clueless drunk, druggie gambling disqualified driver only on TV because of the old pals pact.

Still, he can give an honest, sober assessment of the sh!te at FP.

stop being so precious.....merson is fine on soccer saturday

Reading the comments the deluded Few think with the 2 youngsters and a win against a 10 man side, they are now going to come to St Mary's and beat us. As others have said it is the hope that will kill them.

The reason FP seems so loud is that all the decrepid stadiums with the fans really close to the pitch are gone. Merson etc would have played at many of the more modern stadia and the now unique bearpits are unusual. At the Dell when the fans were right at the players it unsettled many teams, they fell apart.Nowadays players are not used to that and so people and commentators get the unusual atmosphere. To be fair the constant bell ringing also gives a unique feel and it becomes a bit like a Delhi market.

2 more loans in, are the league going to turn a blind eye to their rules regarding the number of loans players in a squad ,is it 5?

Beware of being over confident of our game with the Skates as they will fight hard to try and spoil our hopes, the fans will need to be patient that day , although if we could get an early 2 goal lead their will might falter.

The reason FP seems so loud is that all the decrepid stadiums with the fans really close to the pitch are gone. Merson etc would have played at many of the more modern stadia and the now unique bearpits are unusual. At the Dell when the fans were right at the players it unsettled many teams, they fell apart.Nowadays players are not used to that and so people and commentators get the unusual atmosphere. To be fair the constant bell ringing also gives a unique feel and it becomes a bit like a Delhi market.

2 more loans in, are the league going to turn a blind eye to their rules regarding the number of loans players in a squad ,is it 5?

Beware of being over confident of our game with the Skates as they will fight hard to try and spoil our hopes, the fans will need to be patient that day , although if we could get an early 2 goal lead their will might falter.

PFC can have I think up to eight loan players (there are restrictions on some number must be under 24 and no more than five from one club), only five in the squad and only four on the pitch at any one time.

Injuries and suspensions will take there toll as the games come thick and fast, Halford is only one booking away from a ban.

Appy doesn't want to use youngsters - but he's willing to make an exception if they're from the Man City academy!

Whatever their age, these signings must be an improvement to the squad - a squad with enough experience to get them out of trouble.

We might learn a bit of their actual state when they play the Coventry academy and reserves tomorrow, (still under transfer embargo for the horrendous offence of missing accounts deadline?) but I expect them to get something there, and have enough to stay up.

The points defecit isn't that bad, and with that passionate fanbase that packs out fratton park they should be okay.

I'm surprised they've been allowed to exploit the squad rules.

Again.

They are still the only team in the history of football administration that has twice been allowed to strengthen.

But Rallyboy you blinkered simpleton, they had to get rid of Lawrence and their keeper...

Yeah, Lawrence was awful, as Cardiff have discovered - and the reserve keeper is on Premier League money so he should be okay.

But vitally they held onto the outfield players they wanted to keep, and have added to the squad, spending money on looking after new players while ignoring tax obligations and ripping up a CVA.

The administrator has chosen to spend money on the team rather than debts, presumably because the debts are so huge he can't even scratch the surface, and his only hope is a new owner.

It's not been as blatant as the last administration when they traded insolvently and clearly misled a high court and the PL with fantasy accounts to allow bringing in players for the cup game, but it has been a bit naughty.

And while they claw their way back from the brink with plucky battling troops at a packed fortress fratton, the debts and deferred wages will be steadily climbing and gobbling up the last few crumbs from the parachute fund.

June looks a long way off - Ben Haim's wages and image rights payments alone could sink the ship - yet they still chant his name. :scared:

Appy doesn't want to use youngsters - but he's willing to make an exception if they're from the Man City academy!

Whatever their age, these signings must be an improvement to the squad - a squad with enough experience to get them out of trouble.

We might learn a bit of their actual state when they play the Coventry academy and reserves tomorrow, (still under transfer embargo for the horrendous offence of missing accounts deadline?) but I expect them to get something there, and have enough to stay up.

The points defecit isn't that bad, and with that passionate fanbase that packs out fratton park they should be okay.

I'm surprised they've been allowed to exploit the squad rules.

Again.

They are still the only team in the history of football administration that has twice been allowed to strengthen.

But Rallyboy you blinkered simpleton, they had to get rid of Lawrence and their keeper...

Yeah, Lawrence was awful, as Cardiff have discovered - and the reserve keeper is on Premier League money so he should be okay.

But vitally they held onto the outfield players they wanted to keep, and have added to the squad, spending money on looking after new players while ignoring tax obligations and ripping up a CVA.

The administrator has chosen to spend money on the team rather than debts, presumably because the debts are so huge he can't even scratch the surface, and his only hope is a new owner.

It's not been as blatant as the last administration when they traded insolvently and clearly misled a high court and the PL with fantasy accounts to allow bringing in players for the cup game, but it has been a bit naughty.

And while they claw their way back from the brink with plucky battling troops at a packed fortress fratton, the debts and deferred wages will be steadily climbing and gobbling up the last few crumbs from the parachute fund.

June looks a long way off - Ben Haim's wages and image rights payments alone could sink the ship - yet they still chant his name. :scared:

Please refrain from calling him Appy.