Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

tonton is probably a very good friend with david lampitt or another name for that dave boyle.

The first article sure shows up Supporters Direct in an unhelpful light. I almost get the impression

that they have been caught out because they didn't do their homework properly and just relied

ontalking to some "good chaps" like dave boyle.

Now I am probably very wrong and don't read things the way I am supposed to but as I have got

older Football and many of its ancillary groups just seem to me to try and get more and more money

out of ordinary people.

Edited by Saint in Paradise

Everyone available on a Bosman. Pompey 'stars' available for nothing according to the Snooze. Yet strangely all the players are happy to sit on their backsides and play L1 football.

We must conclude from this that they are on very generous contracts :lol:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/blues-stars-could-walk-away-for-free-1-3912291

Love the comments from Greg Halford...

And Blues defender Greg Halford believes handing in a 14-day notice could be beneficial to the club and players in certain instances. He said: ‘There are things the players can do.‘They could essentially hand in a 14-day notice where we could leave on a free.

‘That’s because our contracts have been breached.

‘The administrator would probably want that with some of the higher earners.

‘I guess that then becomes more attractive for clubs to take a free agent.’

But not so attractive that you've put in for breach of contract eh Greg?

I know football has changed but you can't imagine our pompey born FA cup hero Bobby doing this can you? Even if he was a player in todays modern game.

Given his age (!!) he isn't exactly going to get another contract playing football, so getting in as much money as possible when he can, isn't really a surprise.

Given his age (!!) he isn't exactly going to get another contract playing football, so getting in as much money as possible when he can, isn't really a surprise.

True but he must have made a packet already with over 20 odd years in the game. Plus he must have been picking up big wages while playing for the skates these past few years. Sounds more like he is being greedy, but I'm not complaining ;)

The way I see it is that, one way or another, we are approaching the end-game. Birch is sat in the middle of a poker table, trying desperately to save his reputation along with the Skates, staring blankly ahead as he tries to call everyone's bluff. And there are a lot of players around the table to persuade.

Chinny has to accept TBH & Kanu's wages if he is ever going to get his hands on Nottarf Krap.

The FL has to give the Skates the golden share, even though they are clearly broke, or be held responsible for kicking the 'bestest, pluckiest little sleeping giant in the country' into oblivion.

TBH and Kanu and the like have to volunteer to walk away from millions, even though they have children and (in some cases) grandchildren to support.

The PFA might have to encourage them, too, or have to find £10million or more in guaranteed wages for the Skate players.

Those pesky creditors have to willingly accept less than F-all.

And all the while that Birch has to stare unblinkingly at his opponents, he knows that the potential costs to PKF are racking up with less and less likelihood of recouping them.

The question is, which one blinks first.

mexican-standoff-photo.jpg

Recent statements from TB :

"We have enough funds to last until the end of May" !

"Our deadline is basically the 2nd of June when the FL decide on our golden share" !

"Portpin's is the only firm offer that we have had " !

I trust that he is enjoying the Jubilee weekend because come Wednesday I think that he will have to make one more statement to the 'bestest few' !

"We're F.ucked" !

Just thought that I'd see whether there were any interest snippets on the Skates from a glance at News Now. I seem to have missed when the transition happened. A couple of days ago when I last looked, we and they were both still featured in the Champioship table, but now we are on the Premiership page and it takes 4 sub-menus to get to the Skates in the third division.

It is small things like this that point up the reality of how far the South Coast pendulum has swung in our favour. If they even get to keep their golden share, will they have a team left capable of defeating those giants in the division, Crewe Alexander, Crawley, Stevenage and Shrewsbury?

Happy days.

Everyone available on a Bosman. Pompey 'stars' available for nothing according to the Snooze. Yet strangely all the players are happy to sit on their backsides and play L1 football.

We must conclude from this that they are on very generous contracts :lol:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/blues-stars-could-walk-away-for-free-1-3912291

Amazing that the article doesn't raise the critical point. The players aren't going to walk away from their contracts as they know that if the club goes pop they gat paid in full under the FCR. They are fooked.

Recent statements from TB :

"We have enough funds to last until the end of May" !

"Our deadline is basically the 2nd of June when the FL decide on our golden share" !

"Portpin's is the only firm offer that we have had " !

I trust that he is enjoying the Jubilee weekend because come Wednesday I think that he will have to make one more statement to the 'bestest few' !

"We're F.ucked" !

Or Birch contracts the Pompey disease and just carries on regardless... who cares if PKF begin to become liable, there's more than enough room under the carpet.

Amazing that the article doesn't raise the critical point. The players aren't going to walk away from their contracts as they know that if the club goes pop they gat paid in full under the FCR. They are fooked.

I thought the critical point was the players realise that they're better off looking for a new club while still drawing wages from PFC, rather than signing on the dole after 14 days.

I thought the critical point was the players realise that they're better off looking for a new club while still drawing wages from PFC, rather than signing on the dole after 14 days.

The 14 day bit does appear to be an irrelevance. It appears pompey are happy to lets players go for free now so no need for any player to start the wheels turning on becoming a free agent.

I simply can not wait to draw them in a cup. Next season would be nice.

Not a chance. They won't get past the first round in either competition... and of course we enter the League Cup at the second round stage now :D.

The undertaker has got his tape measure out ready.

Can't see them dying just yet. Expect chinny to apply to take over this week and more player sales to keep them ticking along. Free transfers in and a mid table finish next season. only thing that might make things interesting is if the CVA is refused.

Edited by stev2001

The silence of the FL is deafening.

No statement, no action, no comment at all on the situation...they can't ALL be too busy getting drunk in the street with neighbours they don't like and will ignore for the next sixty years.

The silence of the FL is deafening.

No statement, no action, no comment at all on the situation...they can't ALL be too busy getting drunk in the street with neighbours they don't like and will ignore for the next sixty years.

I do suspect that the FL may be predominantly populated by obsequious people, the like of which we can see evidenced on an almost daily basis in various threads on this forum.

Surely BC saying that he will not them get liquidated leaves TB no choice but to go to him and say 'lets go then' He is burning money trying to run the club, money that should go to the creditors. Therefore BC's offer seems to be the only one in town.

Surely BC saying that he will not them get liquidated leaves TB no choice but to go to him and say 'lets go then' He is burning money trying to run the club, money that should go to the creditors. Therefore BC's offer seems to be the only one in town.

I believe he made that statement with the caveat that ALL the high earners be removed from the club so that he can 'save' them once more without spending a single penny.

Since he made that statement it has become painfully evident that ALL the high earners have no intention of going anywhere as they have a burning desire to continue to be high earners :)

Time for you to pop out to Tescos and pick up a nice new toaster Nick :D

I believe he made that statement with the caveat that ALL the high earners be removed from the club so that he can 'save' them once more without spending a single penny.

Since he made that statement it has become painfully evident that ALL the high earners have no intention of going anywhere as they have a burning desire to continue to be high earners :)

Time for you to pop out to Tescos and pick up a nice new toaster Nick :D

Im off to get a nice bread bin and a fresh loaf... The toaster is primed and on standby...

Funnily enough i had to deal with some fat in some pipes the other day, i did laugh.

The silence is so loud its overpowering, come on FL, show us your hand... They only have to glance at the snooze to see the situation... Birch is cracking, the players are staying strong and chinny couldnt really care either way as he is playing the long game on his real estate.

Im so appy

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/blues-prepared-to-make-big-loss-on-huseklepp-1-3916788

Someone needs to remind Birch of the interview he gave on Saturday explaining that players could walk away for nothing. Desperate isn't the word.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/hermannator-i-might-be-back-1-3916786

One last scoff from the trof

Tomorrow (Wednesday) could be the day. 4 days of bank holidays and everyone open for business again, wonder if PKF are going to open the doors and keep haemorraghing cash? Gotta be any day soon - why not tomorrow. C'mon trev, put the green screens up and call the guy with the big gun. You know it has to happen.

lew11

2:16 PM on 05/06/2012

hh could do a job in league 1but more importantly it would largely please the fans and unite the city.a great character who would draw more fans into fratton .would also like to see the return of jim smith in some capacity.the city and fans need stirring and those 2 for example would help to fill the ground

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/hermannator-i-might-be-back-1-3916786

This is a comment from a Skate on the possible return of the 'Hermanator' !

The prospect of a 37 year old crock helping to 'pack the park' in the 3rd division, defines the word 'deluded' to perfection !!

:) I'm lovin it !

Edited by eurosaint
Punctuation !

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})