Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Also, one of the benefits of safe standing is the shallower sight lines allowed - which wouldn't have any benefit at Fratton because the stand is crammed in in front of the lane, they'd probably have to build the stand higher to get the seats in - local residents will love that (though let's face it, they live next to Fratton Park already, they're not picky).

Not picky!!!!!!!

Them with the help of that dirty ba****d Hand-c**k have managed to veto any plans to upgrade the milton end, for the last 30 years:x

Can you actually see clearly when you are sat down in safe standing or does the rail get in the way? I fancy the idea but probably wouldn't stand the whole game.

If the seats are in a standing configuration they are locked up so you wouldn't be able to sit if you wanted to...

A few sh*tters installed and now anything is possible, this is harbourdrome delusion at a division 4 level, they're funny!

They had to crowdfund some fences and a portakabin with a ping pong table, not sure how this 2-year old loss making entity is going to be able to borrow 300% of their annual turnover to fund each of these "phases".

To quote the honest Russian Mr Dubov "half a billion pounds passed through this club", it's all a bit late now with a tin pot income and a fragmented ownership with no benefactor.

That's before we consider that they are completely landlocked by the supermarket in exchange for a token backhander and sole tarmac.

So in summary, I'm all for it. PMSL

Hi Corp/Banker, see you on POL

100% the supporters put on a show for the cameras (constant nernernerner'ing) as they used to in the prem. then they'll go on about how great they are for years to come. Even if there is only 7,000 there they'll say 20,000 or if not, that 7,000 made far more noise than any other club in world football. I guarantee that.

Plenty of blue empty seats on display...

They are not empty seats. There is never an empty seat at The Passiondome.

On another note, where on earth are the cameras situated?

The main halfway line camera is about 10 feet off the ground (and not exactly halfway), and plonked about the tunnel and dugouts.

That hints to me the usual camera gantry up in the stand is not being used. Wonder why that might be?

Not picky!!!!!!!

Them with the help of that dirty ba****d Hand-c**k have managed to veto any plans to upgrade the milton end, for the last 30 years:x

Wait a minute, you've had a roof AND seats AND moved the portakabin with the telly people in it. Fussy bugger.

Sky Sports making it crystal clear where the blame lies.

They've clearly had complaints so are lumping the blame firmly on the club. Embarrassing.

So the policy persists of shooting all their wad on an over-extended and bloated playing budget at the expense of facilities.

If they can't use the camera gantry in the stand there is something quite seriously, structurally wrong.

It's astonishing how that stand passes any H&E inspections. There are places where the wooden (yes. wooden, you remember that) planking is so thin, you can see through to the lower tier.

To be fair, why would they spend the money from the Tesco deal on a new TV gantry when they'll only have one or two games televised during but he season? Especially when they are probably contemplating giving some of the windfall back to some of the creditors from the last two admins as a goodwill gesture. Priorities nutjobs, priorities.

I liked the half time linkman saying something like "we've had a lot of comments about it, we really are very sorry, it really is completely out of our control"...

They won't be back.

Another thing about that ground redevelopment plan - where's the broadcast portakabin going to go if they put seats on the area where the crumbling corner bit is?

And is it REALLY possible to demolish the North Upper without any kind of impact on the North Lower?

As for "there doesn't appear to be two divisions between them" - well no, it's a reserve team against half a reserve team.

The locals also seem to have not noticed Derby's captain is a scummer.

And dear Paul Merson, dropping into space and hitting shots from 25 yards off target is neither impressive nor "intelligent for a player at this level". It might be intelligent compared to you, however.

Have I missed some forum outing to Fatpipes and you are all posting on their free WiFi at the game?

I'm hurt that I didn't get invited. :(

I can't believe that some poor TV station is using that non event it to fill a hole so I can only assume you are all living it up in the luxury of the Milton Road corporate boxes.

Have I missed some forum outing to Fatpipes and you are all posting on their free WiFi at the game?

I'm hurt that I didn't get invited. :(

I can't believe that some poor TV station is using that non event it to fill a hole so I can only assume you are all living it up in the luxury of the Milton Road corporate boxes.

It's on Sky Sports 1. I'm watching to see if they're still as cack as they were for the last 2 years before I decide which of the stupidly-short odds I'm going to lay.

I'd quite like them to stumble into the 3rd Round, for obvious reasons.

Still no grief for Baird - amazing how blinkered they are not to even recognise a player who played in the cup final for us. I know all of theirs, probably. Admittedly that's only from checking the CVAs to see who they still owed money for (and to). Forgot about John Utaka though. :D

Good grief, they're actually singing "one nil on your big day out" at fans of a team two divisions higher than them with a ground with twice the capacity, the delusion knows no bounds.

And who have actually won the league in the living memory of lots of people who are actually living human beings.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})