Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Just looked at my timehop. 2 years ago made great reading. It was supposed to be the day they started again. The day when they took the league by storm and began their ascent back to the premier league. The motto was 'Ours' which quickly became "Oxford United Ruined Saturday"

Portsmouth 1-4 Oxford United.

Out came reports of fans being silenced, fans leaving early, fans booing and fans fighting amongst themselves in the stands. They ended the day 93rd in the league pyramid and it hasn't got much better since.

Oh how riddled with jealousy I am.

Just looked at my timehop. 2 years ago made great reading. It was supposed to be the day they started again. The day when they took the league by storm and began their ascent back to the premier league. The motto was 'Ours' which quickly became "Oxford United Ruined Saturday"

Portsmouth 1-4 Oxford United.

Out came reports of fans being silenced, fans leaving early, fans booing and fans fighting amongst themselves in the stands. They ended the day 93rd in the league pyramid and it hasn't got much better since.

Oh how riddled with jealousy I am.

That was a wonderful day, the first of many karmic instalments

if Corp Ho is reading this

can you give us a Summer 2015 Pompey transfer round up please. Who are you linked with and who have you signed.

I really miss those

cheers xxx

http://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2015/aug/04/league-two-2015-16-preview-portsmouth-promotion

Update on squad changes. Brought in a load from oop North by the look of it. Will it be the hope that kills them?

Just rocked up at Burnham , seems they are playing Pompey tonight

I had to Google it of course, having no clue where it is.

Burnham is a village and civil parish that lies north of the River Thames in the South Bucks District of Buckinghamshire, on the boundary with Berkshire, between the towns of Maidenhead and Slough. Wikipedia

if it's that Burnham I'm sure they used to play in the Slough and District Industrial League, or similar.. Sure it wasn't Burnham on Crouch or Burnham on Sea both of which must have a bigger population?

Nah,you're probably right: it's far closer and the coach would have cost less..

Just rocked up at Burnham , seems they are playing Pompey tonight.

They have an oxlade chamberlain playing for them

I have it on good authority , almost from the horses mouth, that old man chamberlain has hopes that the younger oxlade chamerlain may be a better player than his brother.

This seems rather unlikely to me. Apparently he is a bit of a unit.

There, some pompey almost ITK for you. Great stuff , eh?

I have it on good authority , almost from the horses mouth, that old man chamberlain has hopes that the younger oxlade chamerlain may be a better player than his brother.

This seems rather unlikely to me. Apparently he is a bit of a unit.

There, some pompey almost ITK for you. Great stuff , eh?

If his dad had high hopes for Ox2 he wouldn't have put him with Skatevilles virtually non-existent academy unless he had suddenly turned stupid

Fatpipes in FIFA 2016

I quote "Fratton Park, as you've never seen it before" :lol: ain't that the truth. This video is far far from reality - where's the fat pipes, where's TCWTB, where's the dilapidated & distressed stands, why is there actually grass on the pitch, where's the toothless inbreds and most importantly where's the old dear in the mobility scooter?

I had to Google it of course, having no clue where it is.

Burnham is a village and civil parish that lies north of the River Thames in the South Bucks District of Buckinghamshire, on the boundary with Berkshire, between the towns of Maidenhead and Slough. Wikipedia

Good god, I feel for Burnham residents if those lot were heading there. Burnham has a decent area (I grew up not far from there)

With that beautifully presented arena I fear we now have the confusion of virtual and real worlds.

I hope the few don't get mixed up and start living in a fantasy world where you can overspend and ignore the debt and if you say something enough times it becomes true.

Imagine if a team in League Two claimed to have the best atmosphere in world football, they would be a laughing stock!

Thankfully it's just a computer game.

With that beautifully presented arena I fear we now have the confusion of virtual and real worlds.

I hope the few don't get mixed up and start living in a fantasy world where you can overspend and ignore the debt and if you say something enough times it becomes true.

Imagine if a team in League Two claimed to have the best atmosphere in world football, they would be a laughing stock!

Thankfully it's just a computer game.

Life's a computer game....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3185261/Is-universe-FAKE-Physicists-claim-playthings-advanced-civilisation.html

I've just been watching BBC Points West - the yocal news for us here in carrot crunching land - and they did a piece on Yeovil Town. The skates have got a proper fight on their hands in the 'common room' stakes as Yeovil have got a pool table AND a dart board in theirs. The stakes have been raised but can the skates keep up with the Jones's?

BBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport · 3m3 minutes ago

#pompey chief executive Mark Catlin on season tickets: "quietly confident going into next week we'll be over 11,000"

Mmmm!!

Doesn't the season start on Saturday? Only a month ago he said they'd have 11,500 by then.

The chairman and CEO on the BBC Solent forum really sound like ameteur hour at the deluded madhouse.

- Chairman Ian McInnes tonight at the fans forum said Adidas make better quality kits than Sondico. I'm sure that Gerald Ratner like comment will go down well with Pompey's suppliers Sondico.

- McInnes also "joked" he wouldn't take it seriously a Saints fan was killed at Fratton Park from falling masonry. Ok, it was an attempt at humour, but its hardly professional to make such comments at a public forum.

- Mark Catlin (the CEO) can barely string a coherent sentence together. How he is in charge of a company I have no idea, he just sounds (how should I put this nicely?)... thick.

...and finally the fans in the Victory lounge take delusion to a whole new level! Its laughable some of the myths they believe and have convinced themselves of.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I've just been watching BBC Points West - the yocal news for us here in carrot crunching land - and they did a piece on Yeovil Town. The skates have got a proper fight on their hands in the 'common room' stakes as Yeovil have got a pool table AND a dart board in theirs. The stakes have been raised but can the skates keep up with the Jones's?

Has Yeovil got wheels, and a tow bar at the front?

- McInnes also "joked" he wouldn't take it seriously a Saints fan was killed at Fratton Park from falling masonry. Ok, it was an attempt at humour, but its hardly professional to make such comments at a public forum.

Poor attempt at humour? I call that absolutely bang out of order.

Did the CEO of a football club seriously say that?

The chairman and CEO on the BBC Solent forum really sound like ameteur hour at the deluded madhouse.

- Chairman Ian McInnes tonight at the fans forum said Adidas make better quality kits than Sondico. I'm sure that Gerald Ratner like comment will go down well with Pompey's suppliers Sondico.

- Mark Catlin (the CEO) can barely string a coherent sentence together. How he is in charge of a company I have no idea, he just sounds (how should I put this nicely?)... thick.

...and finally the fans in the Victory lounge take delusion to a whole new level! Its laughable some of the myths they believe and have convinced themselves of.

I listened to this attempt at comedy hour in the car

McInnes obviously sees himself as some kind of joker (perhaps that is, in fact, an apt description)

It is fine to make jokes about rival fans/clubs but suggesting that it would be preferable that masonry from the crumbling stadium should fall on the head of a rival fan is probably not the wisest comment to be made by a senior official at Pompey.

Again, whilst I am sure he was not too far from the mark with his very damning comments on Peter Storrie he could easily find himself at the wrong end of a writ.

The new Manager comes with a reasonable CV at Chesterfield but his cheeky Scouse patter may not have gone down too well especially when he couldn't remember the names of some of his backroom staff.

However he was able to wax lyrical about the U21's winning 5-0 at Burnham (who??) last night

Interesting to see the ex Scummah, Scott Bevan, is GK coach at Pompey this season.

To balance things up, I suppose you have to give Pompey fans some credit for selling 11,000 season tickets again (even though they are cheap)

Interesting comparison here, someone at the club told me that if Saints sold all their hospitality for the season it equates to all the gate money Pompey get from an average 15,000 home attendance.

Poor attempt at humour? I call that absolutely bang out of order.

Did the CEO of a football club seriously say that?

McInnes is the chairman and he did indeed say it. It got a big laugh from the Neanderthals at the BBC fans forum at Fratton Park. He really doesn't come across as professional at all... its lunatics running the asylum.

A mate I work with, who is a Pompey fan, went and said McInnes comes across as an alcoholic. Thought he was even drunk last night! Not sure if that is why he comes across badly, or it is because he comes across badly he seems drunk!

A mate I work with, who is a Pompey fan, went and said McInnes comes across as an alcoholic. Thought he was even drunk last night! Not sure if that is why he comes across badly, or it is because he comes across badly he seems drunk!

Still as one supporter was proud to boast about McInnes ... 'Proper Pompey'... (innit!!)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})