New manager announcement tomorrow

gonzo

To me that implies its not anyone even in the betting market, foreign manager.

it implies to me that its not MON, because the news/rumour last night and this monring was that MON was the new manager and subsequently his odds had shortened greatly.

I believe that a contract has been drawn up with Channel 4, with terms agreed that whoever wins celeb Big Brother will also win the chance to manage Southampton FC.

The winner will be announced this weekend. Live on TV.

Thats the WOW factor accounted for.

I believe that a contract has been drawn up with Channel 4, with terms agreed that whoever wins celeb Big Brother will also win the chance to manage Southampton FC.

The winner will be announced this weekend. Live on TV.

Thats the WOW factor accounted for.

Or we could do a version of the apprentice 12 hopeful managers only one winner NC doing his best "your fired routine" they could broadcast weekly on saints player.

Adkins confirmed in the local S****horpe paper that he will be taking training today in S****horpe.

http://www.thisiss****horpe.co.uk/s****horpeunitednews/Adkins-training-normal/article-2612323-detail/article.html

It is a long trip from S****horpe to Southampton of 240 miles so he wouldn't be here any time soon (if indeed it is him).

Adkins confirmed in the local S****horpe paper that he will be taking training today in S****horpe.

http://www.thisiss****horpe.co.uk/s****horpeunitednews/Adkins-training-normal/article-2612323-detail/article.html

It is a long trip from S****horpe to Southampton of 240 miles so he wouldn't be here any time soon (if indeed it is him).

Looks like its Phil Brown.

Another season of disappointment for Saints.

Yesterdays 'Telegraph mentioned Rolf Fringer, manager of Lucerne, (Switzerland), as a possible candidate. Anybody know anything about him.

Apparently is a very succesful manager in Helvetia. Has managed the Swiss national side, VfB Stuttgart. and Graashoppers Zurich. Also, His first mangerial job was with Schaffhausen which is where Markus had some of his factories. FC Luzern are currently top of the Swiss league

The Fringer thing is either plucking a name out the swiss leagues because of the Liebherr connection so it seems real....or it's true.

HTH.

I predict ANY foreigner many haven't heard of will be disregarded as a new Poortvliet by most fans regardless of background.

I also think old Jan wouldn't do such a bad job with this squad in this league ;-)

To be fair a few of the ignorant ones were saying the same of Christian Gross. Unbelieveable.

Looks like its Phil Brown.

Another season of disappointment for Saints.

My Hull supporting mate would very much disagree; here's his words about Permatan Phil:

"Would be a great signing in my opinion. Tactically really strong and would bring a great assistant in Brian Horton who knows the lower leagues - no money to really spend so no stupid signings, just a good squad to work with."

I agree with him, I think it would be agreat appointment while we're in League 1 and the Championship. We would maybe need to re-assess if we get back to the Prem, but lets get the bloody job done first with a couple of guys who've been there and done it before, playing football the right way and with the ability to translate their tactical thinking to the pitch.

My Hull supporting mate would very much disagree; here's his words about Permatan Phil:

"Would be a great signing in my opinion. Tactically really strong and would bring a great assistant in Brian Horton who knows the lower leagues - no money to really spend so no stupid signings, just a good squad to work with."

I agree with him, I think it would be agreat appointment while we're in League 1 and the Championship. We would maybe need to re-assess if we get back to the Prem, but lets get the bloody job done first with a couple of guys who've been there and done it before, playing football the right way and with the ability to translate their tactical thinking to the pitch.

sorry but that goes against the original OS statement after AP was sacked. The statement spoke about putting a team in place to get us out of L1 and to the Prem and keeping us there. Brown, for me is no different to AP, in fact, id rather have kept AP

I've decided I quite Like Brown now. His wiki entry is quite funny.I like the idea of a manager who will spend half his time down the FA on disrepute charges. We will have to pay him quite well becuase of all the fines he'll end up paying. I also quite like the idea of holding the half time team talk on the pitch more entertaining than watching kids take penalty kicks. Plus if he gets us promoted he might give us a sing song using a loud speaker like he did at hull.