Yago Falque Joins on loan from Spurs

S-Clarke

I think that the process is that when we started the season,and everyone assumed we were a mid to lower table candidates, maybe even flirting with relegation, teams were underwelmed when they were about to play us. And we played them off of the pitch and were unbeatable at home. Our away form was, and is, a little derisable, but we didn't do too bad.

Then we got to the top.

Teams then spent times looking at how we played and found ways to stifle our playing style.

Our form started to slip.

When Rickie was suspended that was it for us for three weeks.

No Lambert against Coventry, firts teamers out, Saints are going to lose, especially with kids.

WE won.

No Lambert against Nottingham, even though they are bottom, Saints to struggle.

WE won.

With all this 'who's going to play where' I think we are at the stage where we have to once more stymie teams by being unpredictable and mixing the formation about. I personnaly think that is what Adkins was upto with Morgan on the wing, and with the signings so far, and the ones to come?

With No Rickie to mark, who woudl opposing managers mark? With Adam playing in the midfield, then the wing, how to mark him? If our two best players are not the ones scoring the goals, how to stop us playing?

Lets see now. Mark Guly, and Connely, and Morgan is scoring, so mark him, and Adam. What about Lee? How to mark him? What about Hammond, he's shooting from range. By keeping them guessing, we only open them up and stop them marking us off the park. so the only solution is to park the bus. But with the pacey players we have, we only ahve to beat the off side trap a few times before we score. And again.

We are going into the realms of playing the saints way, in the saints formation. Which one is it? Well, lets keep them guessing. Because we can change the formation to suit the cecumstances and we are trying to get the players to do that. But with greedy agents, clubs looking to hold on to what they got, or be compensated for their loss, the asking of silly money is one thing that WILL stiffle us, as we will not pay it!!! Nicola is ahppy to tell them to Fuss Off, and I beleieve that our Jay Rods, Maynards, Sharpes et all will actually be from abroad eventually, as the french, Spanish, Dutch, versions will be just as good, but much cheaper, (or better value for money) that 6m, 7m 8m, for pretty good Championship players, who are average in the Premiership.

couldn't agree more.

I would't advocate turning to Europe or beyond entirely as I think a balance and blend is still important but where its relative to furthering the clubs advancement, am in total agreement.

I think this deal has been orchestrated by Harry. He got us relegated and wants to help us get promoted.

Although I'm not sure he would want that over his beloved West Ham??

Maybe we were trying to sign him permanently, maybe there's an option to purchase next year at a fee agreed over and above what Tottenham paid.

Maybe I haven't got a bl**dy clue!!!!

This ;)

If he's vindaloo hot why aren't Spurs using him all the time? What if he really is the cat's knackers and fits in well with Lallana, Schneiderlin and Cork and we have a ball-playing midfield unequalled even in the PL? After all they are all very young lads and can grow together. Suppose with this formidable line-up Up we Go! For sure Adders won't want to break up that line up will he, in the first season up there... send this guy back to Spurs, you must be kidding...

It all looks like a very good deal and a very bad deal at the same time. It puzzles me even as a cynic. Certainly Harry ain't doing this for our benefit that's for effing sure! So waht's the real deal here?

Does old flabby chops have an eye on one of our lads and has been offered first refusal or a swap next year? Starting with L or S?

It all looks like a very good deal and a very bad deal at the same time. It puzzles me even as a cynic. Certainly Harry ain't doing this for our benefit that's for effing sure! So waht's the real deal here?

Looks pretty clear cut to me. The lad is good enough to get into a good Championship side, but not yet ready for a starting place in a top four EPL side.

This guy is supposed to be class. Shame it's not a loan with a view to a permanent, but I reckon if he succeeds here then Cortese could sort it!

Redknapp doing us a favour? Seems weird.

Must've signed for Spurs under the radar though, because I can't find a lot on him making his move to Spurs permanent. At one point in the article, it says he's on the books of Juventus, then towards the bottom it says he's signed for Spurs full time.

I hope we haven't done a dodgy Redknapp deal with the devil himself and will get rollocked for it.

My WH supporting mate is convinced it's done to spite them. As Levy is annoyed with WH winning the Olympic Stadium

Surprised to see Jaidi not involved either,thought he was supposed to be making his comeback today.

He tweeted this earlier:

@RadhijaidiOff: HATE !!! this weather, the pitch is hard and its risk for my knee ...:/

Probably not taking any risks

He may get a few sub appearances, but i wouldn't expect him to play a big part in the run in, unless we have a crippling injury list.

I think he'll play a big part in all honesty. Would be a pointless transfer for all involved if he didn't.

Edited by Saint_clark

To my way of thinking there doesn't seem much sense in him coming here at all if he didn't have real a chance of playing. I suspect that Redknapp has probably gotten assurances from Adkins that the boy will get a proper chance to show what he can do here.

Maybe, but i can't see Adkins dropping Hammond, Morgan, Cork or Chaplow (when he comes back). I reckon he could get more of a look in away from home to some of the tough teams we have to play, when we go with 1 up front. IMHO of course.

We should sing a song for him to the tune of Go Diego Go. Most people with young children will know what I'm talking about.

Here's a link for the rest of you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOthCM2Vir8

Ohhh Ohhhhh Yago,

Yago

Ohhh Ohhhhh Yago,

Go Yago Go.

He came from Barcelona, via Italy

And now he's playing for SFC at St Mary's

Flying down the wing all game, hear the Saints fans roar

Cross it into Lambert and he is sure to score.

Or something like that.

Elsewhere I expressed that I would be very surprised if he turned up here, and that is what I am. He is nearlly 22 and has played one season with Villareal in Serie B. In the UK he has played a few games on loan. If he was that immensely talented, why isn't he at Spurs? Unless there is something there in the end for us, he also doesn't fit into what appears to be our recruitment policy. We also have Holmes still in the squad, so this seems to be a suggestion that Falque is a far better option.

I hope NA is right and that we haven't got another Forte or whatever the other chap's name was who arrived on loan a year ago. It's an odd signing in my book, although I hope he will do well.

Elsewhere I expressed that I would be very surprised if he turned up here, and that is what I am. He is nearlly 22 and has played one season with Villareal in Serie B. In the UK he has played a few games on loan. If he was that immensely talented, why isn't he at Spurs? Unless there is something there in the end for us, he also doesn't fit into what appears to be our recruitment policy. We also have Holmes still in the squad, so this seems to be a suggestion that Falque is a far better option.

I hope NA is right and that we haven't got another Forte or whatever the other chap's name was who arrived on loan a year ago. It's an odd signing in my book, although I hope he will do well.

He's probably not better than Modric or Parker. And Spurs obviously think something of him to have signed him permanently.

I hope haven't got another Forte or whatever the other chap's name was who arrived on loan a year ago. It's an odd signing in my book, although I hope he will do well.

Falque has more pedigree than Forte, Holmes or N'Guessan. He has come through Real Madrid and Barcelona's academy systems, is a Spanish under 21 international, signed by Juventus and yesterday was signed by Tottenham in a multi million pound deal.

(Villarreal aren't in Serie B btw, they are Spanish ;))

Edited by Matthew Le God

I expect you were against the Hooiveld signing too.

Maybe, but i can't see Adkins dropping Hammond, Morgan, Cork or Chaplow (when he comes back). I reckon he could get more of a look in away from home to some of the tough teams we have to play, when we go with 1 up front. IMHO of course.

And if he turns out to be better than either of them, what then?

We should sing a song for him to the tune of Go Diego Go. Most people with young children will know what I'm talking about.

Here's a link for the rest of you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOthCM2Vir8

Ohhh Ohhhhh Yago,

Yago

Ohhh Ohhhhh Yago,

Go Yago Go.

He came from Barcelona, via Italy

And now he's playing for SFC at St Mary's

Flying down the wing all game, hear the Saints fans roar

Cross it into Lambert and he is sure to score.

Or something like that.

If it amuses why not, meanwhile we grown ups will carry on discussing the wisdom of fitting this guy into a self-selecting midfield...

To be honest it's the sort of signing that may get us by until the summer, when the players we really want are more accessible (or our pool has widened due to our league).

Could a master stroke, and it's nice to be able to look at the bench and have another skillfull pacey attacking player there. Unpredictable too as no one in this league will know about him really, so it'll be a nice surprise for most. It looks like he has insane technical ability, but youtube videos obviously mean nothing in terms of how they play at this level!

Will be intersting to see how he does and he's the sort of player that will get bums on seats IMO. Exciting short-term boost.

I think he'll play a bit part in all honesty. Would be a pointless transfer for all involved if he didn't.

In the interview Nigel said he wanted too get him in the fold and playing as soon as possible which leads me to think that he expects him to play regularly.

Thought he might get a start in our next FA Cup tie but I see he's already played for Spurs in the Cup this season.

Oddly, I think that's a good thing. It's another reason to get other players involved - people like SDR who I really think has something to offer, but may otherwise be shut out a bit by this signing. That, plus I don't really care about the cup this year.

Nice to get a new conspiracy on a thread about a new player!

Of course relegation had nothing to do with Lowe/Wigley/the short sighted fans who kicked off about a return for Hoddle and the 30+ professionals out on the pitch.

Oh and we didn't have MLT to get us out of the sh*te as usual.

I'm no more of a fan of saggy chops than anyone else on here but some balance wouldn't go amiss.

Like this post !

A text from my Spurs supporting mate who's a season ticket holder and watched every home game in the European Cup:

"Falque initially looked a bit lightweight but got a lot better in recent games and looks to have a good shot + surprisingly brave and good at heading. We've had him on loan for 6 months so must have impressed to get a permanent contract. Should do well for you the way you play"

Falque has more pedigree than Forte, Holmes or N'Guessan. He has come through Real Madrid and Barcelona's academy systems, is a Spanish under 21 international, signed by Juventus and yesterday was signed by Tottenham in a multi million pound deal.

(Villarreal aren't in Serie B btw, they are Spanish ;))

Sorry about the Villareal, I looked it up in Wikipedia, where it said VillarealB. Can't imagine it was the B-team, was it?

I'm still questioning why such a brilliant player isn't playing for the teams that own his registration. I suppose we soon get to see how good he is. I'm happy to be convinced in spite of the obvious question marks.

Sorry about the Villareal, I looked it up in Wikipedia, where it said VillarealB. Can't imagine it was the B-team, was it?

I'm still questioning why such a brilliant player isn't playing for the teams that own his registration. I suppose we soon get to see how good he is. I'm happy to be convinced in spite of the obvious question marks.

I think Villarreal B play in the Segunda division, Spain's championship basically - and it isn't a bad standard with the likes of Deportvo in the league, and Betis last year etc.

I think this is a decent deal for both parties really.

I expect you were against the Hooiveld signing too.

That's a bizarre comment. The whole Forum wondered about Hooiveld, which wasn't strange considering his chequered past. He has proved himself to be a very good player. I hope the very same for Iago, but have got precious little evidence to build that on apart from a couple of opinions.

To be honest it's the sort of signing that may get us by until the summer, when the players we really want are more accessible (or our pool has widened due to our league).

Could a master stroke, and it's nice to be able to look at the bench and have another skillfull pacey attacking player there. Unpredictable too as no one in this league will know about him really, so it'll be a nice surprise for most. It looks like he has insane technical ability, but youtube videos obviously mean nothing in terms of how they play at this level!

Will be intersting to see how he does and he's the sort of player that will get bums on seats IMO. Exciting short-term boost.

I hope you're right, but weighed against his technical ability you have the "headless chicken" from the Spurs camp. We will see.

That's a bizarre comment. The whole Forum wondered about Hooiveld, which wasn't strange considering his chequered past. He has proved himself to be a very good player. I hope the very same for Iago, but have got precious little evidence to build that on apart from a couple of opinions.

Apart from a shakey start at Celtic which was compounded by a managerial change, his career up until that point had been an unmittigated success.

Love definite posts like this.......not! The 'whole' forum did not wonder about Hooiveld, a very small number actually post on a regular basis, and only a small number of those posted their 'wonderment' at the loan signing of Jos.

Love definite posts like this.......not! The 'whole' forum did not wonder about Hooiveld, a very small number actually post on a regular basis, and only a small number of those posted their 'wonderment' at the loan signing of Jos.

Our memories differ and the views of "regular" posters don't count any different from the rest. What I don't really like is evangelical outporings about players virtually nobody has seen play, or the pulling out of hair and rending of garments because of a stray pass. But then we all like different things, don't we, and wouldn't this forum be a sad place to be if that wasn't the case.