Your favourite player to have made absolutely no impact (good or bad) on Saints...

jawillwill

...during "the wilderness years". Not people, like Jermaine Wright, BWP or Sagonowski who were made scapegoats for everything. Just players who most other Saints fans don't even remember, but for no reason at all, you quite liked.

For me it's either Neil Trotman or Romain Gasmi.

Darren Powell. Far too injured to make any sort of impact for us, but I reckon if we'd have had him consistently fit we could have done much better than we did, I always liked the steel he gave to our backline.
Had an awesome punch as well.

Frederico "The Torpedo" Arias. Dubbed as a brilliant winger who was insanely fast. The only speedy thing about him was how quickly he was shown the door.

Beat me to it!

Yoann Folly, I must be the only person to have bought a "Folly 31" away shirt. Thought the guy was the next Vieira

You weren't alone, although I never got his name on my shirt!

Surman, came up through the ranks, Saints through and through, played his heart out during the bad years, then had to leave whether he wanted to or not and ended up missing out on our rise in fortunes.

FFS. He's was good for us! Read the OP! Unless you're being nasty and think Surman had no impact on Saints? Is that what you think? :sulk: He's a Saints fan through and through and did all he could to stay with us in the tough times.

I think he'll definitely be back one day though. A bit like Jack Cork he has had to go away for a little while while he was quite young to concentrate on his career away from all the non-footballing distractions. When the time is right, he'll return in a blaze of glory and be better than ever before, making all the Norweigians/Fatsos/teachers/boilermen/students/dads (etc. etc.) in the crowd happy again. Obviously Cork probably still always kept an eye on Saints from a distance, and probably still occasionally read SWF, but had to step away from the actual club for a while in order to become the great young player he is today.

Actually, having written all that, I don't think Andrew Surman will ever return actually.

Yoann Folly, I must be the only person to have bought a "Folly 31" away shirt. Thought the guy was the next Vieira

Haha you say Vieira, I was saying Claude Makelele. Very wide of the mark as he was playing for Plymouth and Dag & Redbridge in no time unfortunately. Last I heard he was kicking a ball around in Scotland.

I also saw a bright future in Tim Sparv yet he eventually got released with barely a look in for the first team. Still wonder what might have been for him.

Vignall, Guthrie, Mellis, Trottman, Ifell, (this will be unpopular) Euell were all decent for us. Had to LOL the other day at someone who said Chris Perry wasn't very good very for us, he gave his absolute all for us, shot legs or not, and the sides he played in made him look like Beckenbaur. I also had a soft spot for Wotten, right signing, wrong player, but he never gave less than the proverbial 110%. Kudos to Bart for sticking with us. Shame Patterson never made it, saw a couple of decent games from him, ditto Jake Thomson and also McLaggon away at Norwich. I always said Dyer would end up in the premier league. Never good enough for us but pleased that Lloyd James seems to have found his level at Colchester, a real trier and he also delivered a mean set-piece (anybody there will never forget his worldy away at Brentford). It seems to be fashionable (or marmite) to slag Antonio, I thought he was great, rather blocked out by the Ox but wouldn't say no to having had him in the squad the last three years. Papa Waigo was also well under-rated, not sure about Prem but he would have been worth his place in a 22 man squad last season. Gully de Prado is also very good but well under-rated by a lot of Saints fans!