Nigel Adkins - Sacked

exit2

Is sacking Nigel Adkins today the correct decision?  

678 members have voted

1. 1. Is sacking Nigel Adkins today the correct decision?

I've barely said a word since, really can't believe it. It's not just a great manager we've sacked but a great man. His phrases of being together as one and working hard and his infectious enthusiasm made you proud to have him in charge of our club. Wherever he ends up next, it's going to be like seeing your ex with another man.

Anyone excited by this. Adkins had reached his level this guy will take us to another level. Brave decision by Nicola. Thanks for all youve done Nigel. Typical knee jerk reaction by posters on here.

How has he reached his level? Where is his level and how do you know? One of the brightest most successful young managers in the English game IMO and hope he goes to find another club who appreciates and embraces his success. He was showing all the signs of keeping a team in the prem after 2 successive promotions, what did you expect? A challenge for the title maybe?

Don't be ridiculous!

Exactly, I've been telling you all he was still on dodgy ground for a long time,nobody listened because well they just don't think about things they can't see.He has handled certain situations pretty badly and as we all know Cortese doesn't tolerate that for long. It was always a question of when not if but as in the case of AP I question the timing once again;

Disgusting decision and one that is wrong for the club on every level.

Adkins had not done so great at the start but things improved and to sack him after our recent run while we are 15th is shocking.

This could end up being worse then anything Lowe ever did.

Cortese needs to be held accountable for decisions like these as they do not have the clubs best interests at heart. He is playing with someone else's train set and actions like these show he couldn't care less about what the fans think.

I have backed the guy in the past as he has done a lot of good. But as far as I'm concerned that has now gone out the window.

If he brought in a tried and tested manager with loads of experience then maybe you could understand it but this guy is a nobody with a poor CV. It is up there with bringing in the dutch clowns. Things like this make me ashamed to be a Saints fan. All the togetherness, positivity, consistency and happyness thrown away by a mad egotistical foreigner. Time for Cortese to go.

Pardew hadn't taken us from bottom of league one to the premier league in just over two years. Adkins deserved a little bit of loyalty, as the team had just started to get it right. for the 1st time Wednesday night i thought we were going to stay up. now its not that im not sure, its that i dont actually care. will be all Cortese deserves if we go down. and i wont be there to see it, have just lobbed my season ticket in the shredder

Very surprised, but don't really feel sorry for Adkins. He'll get lottery-money compensation, and be back in a top job in football within 6 months.

I just hope Cortese knows what he's doing. To be fair, in my opinion he hasn't let us down up till now, so it's presumptious to jump to conclusions.

Very surprised, but don't really feel sorry for Adkins. He'll get lottery-money compensation, and be back in a top job in football within 6 months.

I just hope Cortese knows what he's doing. To be fair, in my opinion he hasn't let us down up till now, so it's presumptious to jump to conclusions.

I fear those of us in the pragmatic camp are in the minority though

Right lads.

It's been fun.

**** Football. I'm done.

I am absolutely sick of SFC ..... I have supported this club for nearly 50 years but I think that this takes the buscuit. I'm done ...I am going to have a break from this madness and do something else with my time.

Good luck Nigel ..You won't be out of work long and another team will benefit from your ability.

Think some of you need to take a deep breath and calm down. The reactionary xenophobic idiocy already being spouted is more shameful on our club than anything NC has done.

Then look at this pragmatically rather than over emotionally.

We all liked Adkins - he is a decent honest guy who I believe has the talent to be a very good manager at the top level....one day... and I kind of thought that his biggest challenge would always be whether he could get there quick enough to meet Cortese's ambition.

It now seems that NA's post match reaction at the Coventry game last seaosn WAS the most telling - a man who kneww he had been brought in to do a job which was get us to the prem and when that happened it would only be a matter of time before he would be replaced with someone who NC felt would be able to take us to the next level.

We are all sadened by this decision because we recognise whtat Nigel; has brought to the club - but I suspect this was not as big a shock to Nigel as it seems to be to fans.

Yes its a risk given the timing, yes it seems callous given all NIgel has achieved, but to start acting like a bunch of 3 years olds, crying, protesting, and being all anti the new guy is childish and ridiculous... it also simply creates the divisions and culture so amny of you seem worried will return and lets not forget the countless screams for Adkins sacking after 5 games.... football fans, bunch offickle jessies...

As with Pardue, the decision seems to be about a structured strategy - so recent improvements are irrelevent. as with Adkins appointment, it was risky and shocked many, but the last two years showed it was the RIGHT decision.

The new guy, seems to be someone highly regarded in Spain - someone who NC belives will be the right fit for the next chapter or phase - yes its risky, and this time more shocking because NA is such a decent bloke and had achieved so much, but the reality is we did have the financial muscle to get out of those two divisions.

I am sad to see Nigel go. He was for me a breath of fresh air - honest grafter who was learning all the time. I wish him alll the best and thank him for what he has done for the club, but also welcome Mauricio Pochettino - its not his fault we feel bad about Adkins and the childish xenophobia is pathetic.

Anyone excited by this. Adkins had reached his level this guy will take us to another level. Brave decision by Nicola. Thanks for all youve done Nigel. Typical knee jerk reaction by posters on here.

I also admit that a part of me is excited by this appointment. Yes, I'm as disappointed as anyone with Adkins going - I wanted him to stay - but life goes on and this appointment COULD take us to a higher level quicker than Nigel could. We'll ultimately never know but, yes, I do admit an element of excitement about what the future now holds. Shoot me down.

Think some of you need to take a deep breath and calm down. The reactionary xenophobic idiocy already being spouted is more shameful on our club than anything NC has done.

Then look at this pragmatically rather than over emotionally.

We all liked Adkins - he is a decent honest guy who I believe has the talent to be a very good manager at the top level....one day... and I kind of thought that his biggest challenge would always be whether he could get there quick enough to meet Cortese's ambition.

It now seems that NA's post match reaction at the Coventry game last seaosn WAS the most telling - a man who kneww he had been brought in to do a job which was get us to the prem and when that happened it would only be a matter of time before he would be replaced with someone who NC felt would be able to take us to the next level.

We are all sadened by this decision because we recognise whtat Nigel; has brought to the club - but I suspect this was not as big a shock to Nigel as it seems to be to fans.

Yes its a risk given the timing, yes it seems callous given all NIgel has achieved, but to start acting like a bunch of 3 years olds, crying, protesting, and being all anti the new guy is childish and ridiculous... it also simply creates the divisions and culture so amny of you seem worried will return and lets not forget the countless screams for Adkins sacking after 5 games.... football fans, bunch offickle jessies...

As with Pardue, the decision seems to be about a structured strategy - so recent improvements are irrelevent. as with Adkins appointment, it was risky and shocked many, but the last two years showed it was the RIGHT decision.

The new guy, seems to be someone highly regarded in Spain - someone who NC belives will be the right fit for the next chapter or phase - yes its risky, and this time more shocking because NA is such a decent bloke and had achieved so much, but the reality is we did have the financial muscle to get out of those two divisions.

I am sad to see Nigel go. He was for me a breath of fresh air - honest grafter who was learning all the time. I wish him alll the best and thank him for what he has done for the club, but also welcome Mauricio Pochettino - its not his fault we feel bad about Adkins and the childish xenophobia is pathetic.

Agree with all of this. Well said sir.

Feeling stunned and angry.

This just confirms what we already suspected - SFC has become the plaything of a spoiled little w@nker.

Happy to eat my words if we finish top 6, but seeing relegation as a much more likely outcome.

Nice time for someone with ZERO experience of English football, let alone the Premier League to find his feet or stumble!

Not to mention making us hated again, just when we were becoming everybody else much liked second team.

The new guys record: In the 146 league matches for which he was at the helm, 49 resulted in victory (33.6%), 33 were draws (22.6%) and 64 ended in defeat (43.8%).

Hardly inspiring.

What funds did he have at his disposal at Espanyol? There are more reasons for a team failing than just the manager.

Absolutely disgraceful. Truly, truly disgraceful. How can anyone ever develop through anything if they're not given the chance?! A super young manager who's done fantastic things for us and was STILL DOING SO!! Honest to god, I just hope that there was a lot of craziness going on behind the scenes which we aren't aware of otherwise this is bordering on the ludicrous. We all laugh at the joke that Chelsea have become with their 'gung-ho' owner, now we're no better!

**** me I'm ****ed off.

Good luck Nigel. Seriously good luck and thank you for the great times - shame you weren't allowed to continue on the journey...