Nigel Adkins - Sacked

exit2

Is sacking Nigel Adkins today the correct decision?  

678 members have voted

1. 1. Is sacking Nigel Adkins today the correct decision?

Had Cortese's advisors been included and the likes of Di Matteo been brought in as Director to replace Reid I'd be able to stomach this move. But to make Nigel the scapegoat is appalling and brings shame on this club of ours.

Th probable reality is that top players will be refusing to come to the club with the like's of Nigel in charge. The use of the like's of De Ridder recently showed desperation when he and others that featured in the earlier Reserve game of shame should have been shipped out and never played

Really gutted that Cortese couldn't have given Nigel till the end of the season after supporting him up to now.

This is what it says on wikipedia

"Before being Sacked on 18th January 2013 due to phoning in and saying he couldn't make it to training due to being snowed in"

If that is true then its a ****ing joke.

I don't believe this for one moment, due to the new managers name was being mentioned on web two days ago!

A man at the top whose ego appears to know no bounds.

Sacking a manager at a key time in the season.

Wasting a transfer window.

Manager(s) untried in English football.

Remind me where we saw all this before?????????

Massive gamble by Cortese and harping back to the good ole days, he will be based on results over the next few months.

PS how many moaning today have in the past said we need to be careful we don't lose Cortese as he is instrumental in keeping the Liebherrs on board???

Completely baffling decision that really makes me want to follow Saints but not support them. This is a coach that was sacked from Espanyol with them bottom and with 9 points from 13 games.

Yeah NC, a real coup for you you f**** c***.

Can only see relegation now.......the team was together, playing well and now we have an unknown come in who probably can't speak a word of English and a group of players that are probably in as much shock as we are!

Terrible, terrible decision.

Nige - you deserve so much better than working for a complete c**k like NC.

Just listening to a Spanish journalist talking about Pochettino on Talksport - gave him very high praise, compared him with Laudrup at Swansea.

That said, absolutely shocked by the decision, after a dodgy start I thought NA was getting to grips with being a Prem League manager. We need to be careful and not do a Chelsea - stay behind the team during the 90 minutes and keep the One Nigel Adkins chants to before, half time and after the game.

We have just turned into a nasty little club in the eyes of the rest of British football

If we now go down, who is Cortese accountable to?

I've loved the last 3 or 4 years but genuinely cant support a team that acts like that..lets employ a failed Argentinian manager who knows F all abut the UK league and doesnt even speak english

We deserve to be relegated and we likely now will be as you can bet the players NA bought up through the leagues wont give a f**k

Dont be surprised if we lose 4-0 on Mon now

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it." So said Pitt the Elder and NC answers to no one but himself, it seems. This may be the correct decision, but it is going to take a long time to prove it. I wonder if he got a well done text from Abramovich.

Thank you Nigel for all you have done for SFC. I am sure you will get the success you deserve soon enough elsewhere, I am just sad it will not be with us.

I read the rumours this morning but didn't really think they'd be true.

Unbelievable.

We've just sacked one of the brightest managers we've had in a long time.

Unbelieveable.

Looks like the much demonised media got this one right.

Cortese has had a major brain fart.

Unbelieveable.

:facepalm:

im hoping there is a valid reason behind this. I like cortese, some of the things he does arent always immediately seen as being great decisions but we are in the PL now and he has played a massive part of that. Im worried he might have gone that bit too far with this one though! :?

i dont think adkins was good enough for the long run, he was doing a good enough job to keep us up this year imo and deserved a shot after his success of the past. this decision should have been reserved until end of the season. I just hope that this doesnt unsettle the team and its 'togetherness' too much

Not that I post very often but my view is consistently that never ever should fans trust a football chairman. In all my years of supporting Saints I think that is the single most disheartening decision I can recall.

The wider public will wish us great misfortune for this, and tbh who can blame them.

After the last few years of stability I fear for the mood within the club.

It's the change I object to and the timing. We have just started seeing the best from Puncheon, and along with Shaw they wanted to commit to Saints - but I wonder if that was the Nigel factor?

Being a true Saints fan was not about winning all the time - it's about loving the game, the players and the management. Might sound a bit gay - but Nigel gave me back the vbelief I had lost under the Lowe regime and the constant change of Managers.

I wonder how the players feel this morning?

It's easy for us to get all emotional about it and rant on here - but I genuinely feel sick!

Nigel you are a top bloke - I have loved your positive attitude, and the way you got Premier League footballers out of League 1 donkies/also rans.

If we survive (and that's a big IF!) the blame will be placed firmly at this change as far as I am concerned...

To add to the debate - I wonder who will be in goal Monday night?

I wonder how many will feel the same if we go to the champions league - stranger things have happened , Its football people come and go - when Pardew went who would have thought Nigel would have done this much - I'll wait to see what happens prior to judge the new guy.

It is purely down to the timing that is making so many angry,if it got to the end of the season and they realised NA couldnt take us to that next level we could all except it,but to do it mid Jan when we have a bit of form going is gutwrenching.

This new guy is already ****ing in the wind,he will have to do something special to win over the fans,NA was such a gentleman and decent bloke it was hard to not like him

Did terry payne have any say in this madness !
If Terry continue's in his role of Club President without standing down, then this isn't the Terry Paine I have worshiped and loved all these years. At least Le Tiss has stood by his beliefs and principles and let his feeling known

Totally shocked by this. Thought NA was in trouble a few months ago with the start we made (that was more to do with the fixture computer than any managerial failings IMO). Now, however, after the run we have been on, how does this make any sense? As they said on Talksport, you could understand it for a Mourinho type appointment but for a no mark Argentinian, most famous for (not) bringing Michael Owen down?

I wonder how many will feel the same if we go to the champions league - stranger things have happened , Its football people come and go - when Pardew went who would have thought Nigel would have done this much - I'll wait to see what happens prior to judge the new guy.

I would feel exactly the same. Sfc in this guise can **** off.

I cant belive this, I thought the stupid days of Lowe had gone. This is going to get the club relegated now. This new bloke is supposed to be= "Mauricio is a well-respected coach of substantial quality who has gained a reputation as an astute tactician and excellent man manager. I have every confidence that he will inspire our talented squad of players to perform at the highest possible level."

If thats the case why wasnt he got in before the season or the idoit NC say that this bloke is netc manager and NA will be out.

Thanks Nigel , you have been brillaint and got Saints back to the big time just like I watched L Mac in 1977/78

Monday looks like a huge protest for fans now.

Watch out NC you will be out by 6 month just like LOWE

now im ****ed off![/quote

xxxking senseless, only lost two of our last twelve league games (someone correct that if need be), devastated, now we have an unknown Argie manager, that is going to go down like an Exocet at a Falklands reunion.

1. My initial reaction is of shock and sadness. I liked Adkins a lot. He did a superb job and I wish him well

2. However, I seem to remember a massive negative reaction to Pardew getting sacked after a resounding 4-1 win at Bristol. Many were shocked, angry and pessimistic then. In hindsight that all turned out rather well didn't it? So lets not all wet our keks and throw the teddies out just yet shall we? The new guy might be ****, but lets all take a cooling glass of 'calm the fuk down' and give the chap a chance shall we.

3. We're all upset now but there's no reason that appointing this guy could turn out to be a genius decision. It could also turn out to be a **** decision, but lets not all turn into Chelsea 'fans' and act like massive babies like they have done at Stamford Bridge recently. The likes of Shaw, Lallana, Gaston etc all need our support more now than ever.

4. COYR's and thx Nige.

Agreed. It ain't nice but it has happened and the only thing to do is to go forward with what we have. Its football these days. *****ing about it solves nothing. All the best to NA.