Nigel Adkins - Sacked

exit2

Is sacking Nigel Adkins today the correct decision?  

678 members have voted

1. 1. Is sacking Nigel Adkins today the correct decision?

shot ourselves in the foot, absolutely ridiculous decision, club lost its soul now, the spirit that NA had brought into St Marys has vanished

The guy's never managed in the Prem anymore than NA had , this guy would have to hit the ground running, no wonder we've signed no one and the rumour was he wanted to know who was pushing for his signing.

End Game , we'll be going back to the Championship.

f u Cortese

Gutted... on the face of it, madness. But I guess theres more to this than meets the eye... Couldn;t attract the players? Current players don't think Adkins is up to it?

Either way, cant help but having a sneaky admiration for Cortese, knowing the **** he'll get for this

““He also shares my belief that the most successful clubs are built by nurturing young players through a development system that provides a clear path to the First Team, thereby creating a culture that keeps them at the Club for the long term. This is an approach he has employed with great success in the past and I look forward to him bringing that experience and expertise to Southampton.”

Sounds a bit 'Double Dutch' to me. Worrying times.

Just like the bad old days with our previous managerial merry-go-round. We've all been here before and it will only lead to disaster. Absolute shocking decision by everyone involved at the club. We were moving in the right direction and getting better in every department. Extremely disappointed. I truly believed that Nigel Adkins was the right man for the job at Saints and would be here for many, many successful years to come!

**** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off **** off

Deeply saddened for an honourable manager who has been nothing less than first class for Saints...it p*sses me off that he's now going to be allowed to work his magic for someone else...and he will.

I'll get behind Pochettino but I'm gutted for NA and I'm gutted for the players who have shown loyalty and commitment to him and the club - what message does it send to the players...particularly the younger ones?! Work hard, do well, get sacked!!

Cortese has been right before bringing Adkins in...I hope he's as right this time b ut right now I'm sick to the stomach that my club has been capable of this. F*ck, just F*ck!!

I don't think we should believe for one second there is any underlying reason to this other than progression - Cortese sees this as the next step, Adkins did nothing wrong.

And as angry and confused as I am, I feel compelled to point out that this thread was happening almost word for word when Pardew was sacked and Adkins replaced him...

It's a terrible decision in that we're now holding our own in the Premier League, having been promoted twice, under Nigel Adkins. Shocking on that score. Adkins had done nothing wrong, was a lovely bloke and a good manager. STABILITY, gone out the window in one fell swoop.

OK, maybe in a years time we'll be calling this decision a masterstroke as Pochettino takes us to the brink of the top 4, but right now it feels like a kick in the ********.

Calm down, sad to see NA go but NC has again outlined his ambitions for the club and that he will do whats needed to see it through! his reputation is really on the line, now we will see how big his khunas are!! thanks Nige - legend!!!!!

unexpected to say the least. If he was going to go surely after the WBA nightmare. Maybe that game was the one that swung it and its taken till now for Cortese to get his man. Strange. Nothing surprises me in football these days. Wonder how this might unsettle players like Shaw and Puncheon who are due to sing new contracts in the summer?

Exactly this, I just dont get it.

Obviously he has gambled due to it being the TW and Pochitinho is not a bad manager but it still screams as madness. Perhaps its going to work out for the best in the long term but right now I am fuming. He may not be able to hit the ground running yet ?!?

And as Chez said, how will the players react ?

Bizzare decision - I'm quite shocked. Whether Adkins was the right person to lift us to safety in the PL, I don't know, but I do know that I would have followed Adkins all the way down to League One again if we came upon hard times. The team was inexperienced with the PL, the fans hadn't been in the PL for a long time, so we were in the same boat as Adkins, slowly learning how to cope with PL football.

Life goes on, but this really bothers me. Other footy fans have already started their questioning of this decision, so now we're the laughing stock again...

Never seen the fanbase so completely united. Adkins is an excellent manager, who was getting better all the time. If there was a breakdown between Adkins and Cortese, Cortese should have done everything possible to try to make him stay.

This new bloke is going to have to do an amazing job to win everyone over. I am going to be quite envious of whoever gets Adkins as their manager.

I really hope nobody hands in a transfer request because of this. I think it puts in danger the contracts of Shaw and Puncheon too. now we go back to the old managerial merry-go-round I had been hoping we had left behind. An Argentinian best known for fouling an English player at the World Cup, he really knows how to do it, replace a charismatic, intelligent manager with the sort of person generally automatically hated by English fans.

Genuinely disgusted and ashamed. You know what I can't wait for the days of fan ownership, all the talk of champions league can do one, our club had pride for being different for being proper. I'd rather still be fighting it out in the championship under a fan owned model then be a plaything for a bunch of gloryseekers!

This is a disaster. I am Gutted. Nigel will always be a saints Legend and frankly is my generations L. Mac. I am gutted. Did I say that allready.

What the f.u.c.k is NC doing.

And Nigel, if you read this... thank you so much for all you have done. I wish you all the best and great success whichever club you go to (Although we all know you will be a success!) I only hope that this does not taint your oppinion of the club as you will always be welcome here! A statue for Nigel I think!

Wow - I was never Nigel's biggest supporter an wouldn't have been too surprised if he had been sacked after west brom but doing it now is plain stupid, especially when we havent replaced him with a star manager

Very very poor form cortese, you can have no complaints if people like shaw show you no loyalty and decide to move to bigger and better things

This is just mental. I could have kind of understood back in November, but now? On a 6 match unbeaten run? Just as we're getting to grips with it all?

This new bloke doesn't even speak a word of English, I've never heard of him and he's unlikely to inspire the players. They're probably as ****ed off as the rest of us.

This will derail our season.