Pitch Invasion - Stoke City

kwsaint

I used to love the end of season invasion at the dell was always fun and good natured until some idiots thought it was a good idea to kick all the turf up and start throwing it a the players and all over the west stand. I was a lot younger then though and don't think it's needed nowadays a lap of honour to say thanks for the support is better in my opinion.

Lap of honour for me, going to be a full house and rushing onto the pitch will only confuse those who will urgently need to make a dash to their cars 5 minutes from the end of the game and I can already hear the stadium announcer warming up he'll have to change his script though from the north car park is closed!,

besides with a lap of honour, Mayuka and Forren might get on the pitch!

No doubt the Northam end will spend the entire 2nd half sing "on the pitch on the pitch on the pitch", booing during the announcements telling everyone to stay off the pitch then when some do go on the pitch chanting "w**ers, w***ers, w***ers", at them.

Same ones that made cut throat signs at away fans by the netting, then try and pass it off as "banter" outside the ground when fronted. Gutless Morons.

No doubt the Northam end will spend the entire 2nd half sing "on the pitch on the pitch on the pitch", booing during the announcements telling everyone to stay off the pitch then when some do go on the pitch chanting "w**ers, w***ers, w***ers", at them.

Same ones that made cut throat signs at away fans by the netting, then try and pass it off as "banter" outside the ground when fronted. Gutless Morons.

So true.

I can already hear the stadium announcer warming up he'll have to change his script though from the north car park is closed!

I sh*t myself everytime he says that. "Attention!! All supporters!!! The North Car Park is closed!!!"

I was all for it last year since we were promoted but this year I think it would be nicer if everyone stayed in the stands and the team did a lap of honour instead. Your thoughts?

Agreed. Much noisier as well- when we are on the pitch the songs lose a lot of intensity. And who can forget Pahars final lap?

We've not achieved anything this season to justify a pitch invasion, would much prefer a lap of honour after a good win and a focus on next season. I doubt the club would be happy with a pitch invasion either, as I don't think they'd want a lower mid-table finish (if that is where we end up) as being seen as a great thing given our ambitions.

The fact that people are talking about it means it shouldn't happen. Pitch invasions are for spontanious outpourings of emotions after securing an important result, ie wininng promotion, the league etc (im not a massive fan of pitch invasions for staying up, i dont consider narrowly not being sh*t enough to stay in the divison to be something to celebrate), when you start debating the rights and wrongs of if it should be done and if it is an appropriate occasion then it isn't.

The fact that people are talking about it means it shouldn't happen. Pitch invasions are for spontanious outpourings of emotions after securing an important result, ie wininng promotion, the league etc (im not a massive fan of pitch invasions for staying up, i dont consider narrowly not being sh*t enough to stay in the divison to be something to celebrate), when you start debating the rights and wrongs of if it should be done and if it is an appropriate occasion then it isn't.

You're right, it should be spontaneous.

I always remember going to the Sheff Utd game and my nipper asked me if I would be on the pitch if we stayed up. "On the pitch, not bloody likely" I told him "I've seen us in cup finals, in Europe, in the top flight for 30 years, if you think I'm running on the pitch because we stayed out of Div 3, no way". Come the final whistle and I'm off, straight on the pitch jumping around, close to tears, whilst my 10 year old sits in the stand embarrassed by his Dad.

There should always be a "pitch invasion" at the end of the season if its for the right reasons (celebrations, demonstrations and thanks yous), why not, its hardly very naughty is it?

It's illegal.

Really would like to see the players manage a lap of honour this season.

pitch invasion if we had achieved promotion,getting into Europe or avoiding relegation......but,although surviving in the Prem will be an achievement it does not merit a 'on the pitch jolly' .

lets celebrate the players achievements this season,and show our gratitude....they will appreciate that more than having to sprint for cover and waving from the Itchen stand.

Watching Man U the other night winning the league for the umpteenth time, not one person was on the pitch from the crowd. Then I thought what would happen if we won the Premiership would we stand any chance of seeing an on pitch presentation, if the last player parade was anything to go by fans at the Northam (before you all check your shoulders for chips that includes the Itchin and Kingsland) half of the pitch could not behave long enough for the players to make it all the way round.

I could see a big celebration being a total fiasco. Stoke game loads will be on the pitch as it seems to have become the norm. Dozen Police dogs might put a different slant on it though.

Completely agree.

Pitch invasion this season (assuming it doesn't come down to safety on the last game of the season) would be pretty naff and overall quite embarrassing when MOTD and Sky start showing jubilant scenes of Saints fans, who have just secured 12th in the League.

A lap of honour please and we can show our appreciation from the stands. Let's not sing, "on the pitch," this year either, like we did after we beat Southend (I think) under Pardew.

Watching Man U the other night winning the league for the umpteenth time, not one person was on the pitch from the crowd. Then I thought what would happen if we won the Premiership would we stand any chance of seeing an on pitch presentation, if the last player parade was anything to go by fans at the Northam (before you all check your shoulders for chips that includes the Itchin and Kingsland) half of the pitch could not behave long enough for the players to make it all the way round.

I could see a big celebration being a total fiasco. Stoke game loads will be on the pitch as it seems to have become the norm. Dozen Police dogs might put a different slant on it though.

The last desperate bid by Man City fans to save some face was this "SPOT THE DIFFERENCE" but all it says to me is that when you're used to something it's just not that exciting as it is for someone who only does it rarely.

165490_10151347034576680_302248902_n.jpg

The last desperate bid by Man City fans to save some face was this "SPOT THE DIFFERENCE" but all it says to me is that when you're used to something it's just not that exciting as it is for someone who only does it rarely.

165490_10151347034576680_302248902_n.jpg

To be fair, you can forgive City fans for the circumstances in which they won it too, it was incredible.

To be fair, you can forgive City fans for the circumstances in which they won it too, it was incredible.

Agreed and that goes with what Turkish was saying - it's about emotion. Planning it is a little bit noddy, especially as we won't have anything to really celebrate ... I'd rather smash Stoke 5-0, applaud the lads for a great 1st season back as they do a lap of honour, then head back to the pub for drinks.

Well yes, genuine excitement. That's fine as far as (good spirited) pitch invasions go. But "shall we do a run-on just because it's the end of the season and we're planks" is just ultra lame.

Why do we have to applaud the players for doing their jobs? No one claps me at the end of a days work

Maybe you should try doing it at St Mary's in front of a crowd ? Also, you don't have to applaud them, you can sod off to the pub or home if you like.

No idea why you're all coming up with the 'rules' on here, as if you minority % of fans have some sort of influence when it comes to telling the majority how to behave ( you're just a few blokes on the internet!).

Ultimately, if enough people want to go on the pitch, there will be a pitch invasion.

I can't believe there are actually people sad enough to start posts about this sort of thing in advance tbh!

Who wakes up in the morning pondering the etiquette on whether Saints fans should or shouldn't invade the pitch his season? Strewth.