Pitch Invasion - Stoke City

kwsaint

The last desperate bid by Man City fans to save some face was this "SPOT THE DIFFERENCE" but all it says to me is that when you're used to something it's just not that exciting as it is for someone who only does it rarely.

165490_10151347034576680_302248902_n.jpg

Well by that logic we should be invading the pitch after the Stoke game.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like the pitch invasion is defo on and well deserved now we're back in the battle (if we come out on top).

If it comes down to the last day of the season to guarentee safety it'l be likely. They wont show us on final score otherwise ;)

We will look so small time if people run on to the pitch to celebrate finishing comfortably lower mid table.

These things shouldn't be planned anyway, always better when it just happens out of pure, sudden euphoria.

Nothing other than financial gain riding on this game now, so would be good if the players and staff do a lap of honour and the fans applaud them for their efforts.

It's been a rollercoaster season with the one thing we all wanted back in August achieved. Would be good to show the players and staff our appreciation for the final time this season.

Nothing other than financial gain riding on this game now, so would be good if the players and staff do a lap of honour and the fans applaud them for their efforts.

It's been a rollercoaster season with the one thing we all wanted back in August achieved. Would be good to show the players and staff our appreciation for the final time this season.

^This

Lol. Different League. More media attention now. A pitch invasion could easily turn ugly - look at what happened at PSGs Championship celebrations this week.

If end of season pitch invasions were docked points it would mess up the final promotion positions in some cases...

If end of season pitch invasions were docked points it would mess up the final promotion positions in some cases...

Well, at the end its up to you guys. I dont trust the authorities in England to administer impartially after the Tevez affair and the difference in the way our -10pts and Pompeys -10pts were applied.

I wonder if the entire northam will spend most of the second half chanting "on the pitch" then at the end of the game when anyone does chant "wan*ers" like they did after the Southend game a few seasons ago.

Well, at the end its up to you guys. I dont trust the authorities in England to administer impartially after the Tevez affair and the difference in the way our -10pts and Pompeys -10pts were applied.

nice to know whatever happens you will be sensible and stay in the stands for a lap of honour.........oh, sorry :blush:

At Sunderland at the weekend, their fans began to leave around the 80 minute mark, and by full time when the stadium announcer had said that there'd be a lap of honour, I'd say about 3/4 of the home crowd had gone home.

Enjoyed the pitch invasion when we got promoted from League One, enjoyed it when we got promoted from the Championship.

However, to me, a pitch invasion for finishing 10th-17th in the Premier League, with safety guarenteed before the game, is pointless.

I wonder if the entire northam will spend most of the second half chanting "on the pitch" then at the end of the game when anyone does chant "wan*ers" like they did after the Southend game a few seasons ago.

I wonder if it might not have been the "entire" Northam, and that the half chanting the first thing weren't the ones chanting the second.

Though as pointless wind-ups go, getting your mate banned from football because he's daft enough to go along with something... ooh hang on, best leave it there...

Pitch invasion for a game where we aren't celebrating promotion or major accomplishment on last day is hollow and strikes me as a little bit thick, desperate and embarrassing.

I'm guessing the only people who would want a pitch invasion this season would be the people who haven't been with us for the last few years and just don't really get football when it isn't spoon fed them by sky, or are 14 years old or less.

I reckon two in a row is enough for a while and one this year will only spoil memories of what those two meant.

Pitch invasion for a game where we aren't celebrating promotion or major accomplishment on last day is hollow and strikes me as a little bit thick, desperate and embarrassing.

I'm guessing the only people who would want a pitch invasion this season would be the people who haven't been with us for the last few years and just don't really get football when it isn't spoon fed them by sky, or are 14 years old or less.

I reckon two in a row is enough for a while and one this year will only spoil memories of what those two meant.

I'm not personally bothered about going on the pitch, too much effort, but back in the late 80s, early 90s there were regular end of season pitch invasions, regardless of how the season finished, so it can hardly be described as a "Sky Generation" thing.

Fair enough it used to be more common.

Still it seems something that would be more than a little tin pot with the frequency and reasoning by which it is undertaken in a modern footballing context.

I'm in favour of pitch invasions but there's a time and a place. Same goes for a lot of things.

I vote for staying off the pitch, as others have said we ain't achieved as much as we did the last 2 seasons still if we have won half a dozen will make a break for it from the Notham end of the Kingsland and then it will be like sand running through a hour glass.

Havent seen any other invasions elsewhere in the prem for the last home games last weekend.

a lap of honour for the team without all the plebs getting in the way (no i dont mean Fox) would be great.

though it could be funny to an empty ground as soooo many leave in the last ten minutes just to get a good calm walk and a nice drive home.

I was all for it last year since we were promoted but this year I think it would be nicer if everyone stayed in the stands and the team did a lap of honour instead. Your thoughts?

I would prefer not and enjoy the lap of honour but it has been huge fun the last two years

A pitch invasion should be a spontaneous outpouring of joy at going up, winning something, getting to the play off final or staying up etc . We're going to look like a right noddy club if we have one , especially if we lose Sunday. Last week Man Utd and Everton were on match of the day and got the tone just right, lets hope we manage to do the same. I'm sure the players will be embarrassed as well.

I still can't get my head around wanting to go on the pitch anyway.

What's the point? Its grass. I'm familiar with how that looks and feels.

Ah but this grass will be covered in copious amounts of phlegm and sn*t goblins, maybe even some blood.

Who could resist?

Not this year pitch invasions should be for promotion and last day survival only my shoulder is still ****ed from my Klinsmann after our league 1 promotion ! Although my 6 year old has been itching for one since I showed him the videos from our last 2 haha

Dont think it should or will happen. Promotion sure, avoiding relegation on the last day of the season, sure.

I too don't think it should happen (this year anyway) but I do think it probably will happen ... and if everyone else is on the pitch then it would be churlish of me not to join in I suppose.

I'd really prefer the old 'lap of honour' this time.

My favourite pitch invasion was the Leeds United League Cup Semi at the Dell in '79. Hands up if you were the only one on the pitch without a wedge haircut ;-)

As for this year; it was always mandatory in the 70's and 80's to get on the pitch so it's not such a weird thing to do for a certain generation but I agree with the majority that in these times it's a bit naff when there's nothing major to celebrate. But if everyone else did I'd feel obliged to join in for old times sake.