Saints v Swansea - Build Up

Batman

WOOT. Just realised it is Sunday.

So providing I survive (another) Polish Wedding looks like I'm gonna be drinking Zwieic at about 1.20 a pint for the game here in Krakow.

Don't want to put a dampner on things, but it's not a Sky Game. It has been moved to Sunday due to The Sea Swans playing Euro Match on Thursday.

I'll be making a (hopefully) triumphant return to The Barasti with DubaiSaints. 4.30 KO (1.30 UK) on my sleep day should see me squiffy after 2 pints!!

Don't want to put a dampner on things, but it's not a Sky Game. It has been moved to Sunday due to The Sea Swans playing Euro Match on Thursday.

I'll be making a (hopefully) triumphant return to The Barasti with DubaiSaints. 4.30 KO (1.30 UK) on my sleep day should see me squiffy after 2 pints!!

Have MrsD_P on the task with Polski Saints. :) can you update the dxb saints fb page re match details? Thx

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Bbc saying Shaw is ill may not make the game

Clyne and Chambers at FB?

Not ideal, maybe 4-3-3 if we are deprived of our flying wing backs?

.............Arthur ............

Chambers Usual Usual Patsy

......MS ......VW ......... JC .......

......JR ..... DO ........ AL ..........

Keep it tight, don't give Swansea room to play between us, control the midfield, those front three have a goal in them, keep Swansea honest,

1-0

It won't be pretty but whoever said finishing top 6 would be pretty?

COYRs!

WOOT. Just realised it is Sunday.

So providing I survive (another) Polish Wedding looks like I'm gonna be drinking Zwieic at about 1.20 a pint for the game here in Krakow.

Nothing wrong with Polish weddings - two days of eating, drinking, smoking and dancing. Zwiec? What about the navy-floating quantities of wodka? And if you're offered Kashanka go for it - bloody fantastic! Enjoy.

Clyne and Chambers at FB?

Not ideal, maybe 4-3-3 if we are deprived of our flying wing backs?

.............Arthur ............

Chambers Usual Usual Patsy

......MS ......VW ......... JC .......

......JR ..... DO ........ AL ..........

Keep it tight, don't give Swansea room to play between us, control the midfield, those front three have a goal in them, keep Swansea honest,

1-0

It won't be pretty but whoever said finishing top 6 would be pretty?

COYRs!

My wife is at left back? That's asking for trouble. She's nowhere near fit enough, right footed and short sighted. She get raped by Nathan Dyer down Swansea's right hand side...

I really can't call this. Swansea's defence is a bit of a mess at the moment. Amat is a very poor replacement for Ashley Williams, and Tiendali is not fit to lace Angel Rangel's boots. So Southampton could edge this via a long ball and keystone cops comedy defending.

Amat apparently has some history with Pochettino and Osvaldo at Espanyol

Friends reunited for Jordi

Not sure who that advantages. Southampton probably. :/

LS and GR will not feature tomorrow

Will be interesting to see who gets the nod at left-back. Fox is able but Dyer is exactly the sort of player he struggles against. Alternatively if Clyne shifts to the left that makes no left-footed players in the team who will start on the left and will massively impact the way we play.

I really can't call this. Swansea's defence is a bit of a mess at the moment. Amat is a very poor replacement for Ashley Williams, and Tiendali is not fit to lace Angel Rangel's boots. So Southampton could edge this via a long ball and keystone cops comedy defending.

Amat apparently has some history with Pochettino and Osvaldo at Espanyol

Friends reunited for Jordi

Not sure who that advantages. Southampton probably. :/

I'm curious about how this phrase is being translated these days. You have just used it. Could you share your definition of the long ball please? I'm honestly not being snarky. I just want to know what today's definition is amongst regular people.

We were no doubt VERY lucky with the fixtures/start given this season. Said i expected 14 points from the 1st 7 games and we are on track.

Results havent come quite in the order i expected and home performances against poor Sunderland and WHU sides have been worrying. Lets hope MOPO has us up for this tomorrow.

I'm curious about how this phrase is being translated these days. You have just used it. Could you share your definition of the long ball please? I'm honestly not being snarky. I just want to know what today's definition is amongst regular people.

As I was using it (can't vouch for anyone else), a ball launched aerially from around halfway or slightly behind aimed between two centre backs who aren't used to each-other, in the hope that neither actually deals with it. The onrushing striker steals it and makes a one-on-one with the goalkeeper.

Really shouldn't work at this level, but . . . . . I hope I'm wrong.

Danny Fox, whilst not in Luke Shaw's league, improved massively last year as the season went on. United deliberately targeted him at OT last year and he withstood the test IMHO.

He does a job for us, anyone would think he's Ali Dia from reading the comments on here.

Danny Fox, whilst not in Luke Shaw's league, improved massively last year as the season went on. United deliberately targeted him at OT last year and he withstood the test IMHO.

He does a job for us, anyone would think he's Ali Dia from reading the comments on here.

Agreed! Fox is fine and has played v.well at times. Some players get better when not playing.... Chaplow for example while others Fox, Sharp ect get worse and worse in the fans view/eyes simply by not playing.

Don't think we're capable of winning this unfortunately, we're not at the same level as Swansea are yet. Saints 1-2 Swansea, Bony, De Guzman and a Lambert penalty for us. No disgrace losing to them in my opinion

Not capable of winning this game? I have to disagree. Not saying we will, or even should, but we're definitely capable. I think we'll win at as they are off the back of a Euro tie and Osvaldo is hitting his stride.

As I was using it (can't vouch for anyone else), a ball launched aerially from around halfway or slightly behind aimed between two centre backs who aren't used to each-other, in the hope that neither actually deals with it. The onrushing striker steals it and makes a one-on-one with the goalkeeper.

Really shouldn't work at this level, but . . . . . I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks for an honest opinion. So diagonal crosses fit this category I suppose. I think they need to write a professional pundit's guideline book to help us all out! ;)

Is interesting at what point we want relegation candidates/ rivals to win and start hoping big boys lose.

One thing about being in PL is not act actually wanting Hull to beat Man City etc. as wanting no-one around you to get points. Spoils the romance

Is interesting at what point we want relegation candidates/ rivals to win and start hoping big boys lose.

One thing about being in PL is not act actually wanting Hull to beat Man City etc. as wanting no-one around you to get points. Spoils the romance

Was talking about this yesterday - who are going to be our competition in whatever mini league we end up in. Early days still but rough guess would be;

mini-leagues (not in order)

Man C

Arsenal

Spurs

Man U

Liverpool

Chelsea

Saints

Everton

Villa

Swansea

West Brom

West Ham

Newcastle

Palace

Cardiff

Sunderland

Hull

Fulham

Stoke

Norwich

So at moment happy if Everton, Villa, West Ham, Swansea and West Brom drop points. Could quickly change - maybe Man U will stay in our group ;) or we will keep up with the top group.

I'll be happy with wins for saints, chelsea, spurs and arsenal today, but win for us, Norwich and West Ham puts us clear in 3rd and would send me to work tomorrow smiling!

Was talking about this yesterday - who are going to be our competition in whatever mini league we end up in. Early days still but rough guess would be;

mini-leagues (not in order)

Man C

Arsenal

Spurs

Man U

Liverpool

Chelsea

Saints

Everton

Villa

Swansea

West Brom

West Ham

Newcastle

Palace

Cardiff

Sunderland

Hull

Fulham

Stoke

Norwich

So at moment happy if Everton, Villa, West Ham, Swansea and West Brom drop points. Could quickly change - maybe Man U will stay in our group ;) or we will keep up with the top group.

I'll be happy with wins for saints, chelsea, spurs and arsenal today, but win for us, Norwich and West Ham puts us clear in 3rd and would send me to work tomorrow smiling!

I think I'd be tempted to shove Newcastle in that mid-league with us, but except that, it seems spot on to me. Everton clear front runners in our bit though.