Cortese has left Southampton Football Club - Officially Confirmed

Saint-Armstrong

A lot of people can name the owners of Prem clubs but I wonder how many can name the Chairman. Sorry to see him go but as a new contractor manager once addressed my industry, I may not know much about it now but in 3 months I will know everything about it. Don't ever underestimate the intelligence of someone like KL, she will be well versed on what needs to be done. We have lost a good chairman but retain the owners, Cortese and his family may well want to return to his homeland, nothing is forever.

If MP does leave we will need someone with some football nous to appoint a new manager else we will end up with someone like Steve Clarke or Martin Jol. If like Di Matteo if he's available but let's all hope MP stays put

Clarke is a better manager than Di Matteo. Not enthused about either though

Seeing as it seems NC handed his notice in 3 months ago is there any relevance that Katharinas right hand man Marcel Werner Hehli came to the UK at the same time and has stayed in Southampton on various occasions. Could he be the next interim CEO ?

Never took much notice of this before all slotting into place. I know he was also on the boards of various companies like Mali Group etc

Cortese was offered 'vast sum' to stay, but he rejected it, says The Times

As NC appears to have developed a good rapport with the press recently, what chance that snippet came from him ?

IF true, then why reject it ? KL wanting to oversee what was happening and having a board? Not unreasonable request. Dispute over funding ?Or NC having something lined up?

What I don't get is how shaw and lambert want to go already in 3 hrs! Also, the telegraph says he resigned in oct and was serving notice so surely he would have told poch this? But then it reports that poch was shocked today when he found out. Doesn't add up at all.

The dumb media need reminding that our players are under contract and we do not need to sell them now. I am more than certain that we will not sell our star players off mid-season. Maybe Shaw will go but that was likely to be the case with the rumoured bids being reported.

By the summer this will all have resolved.

Key thing is what MP says tomorrow.

Dramatic is an understatement.

Woah. OTT much?

I think we all need to wait and see what Pochettino says tomorrow. I still think there is more to this than meets the eye. I wouldn't be surprised if we haven't seen the last of Cortese.

Probably not. But I don't see him returning on a white charger as many do.

The dumb media need reminding that our players are under contract and we do not need to sell them now. I am more than certain that we will not sell our star players off mid-season. Maybe Shaw will go but that was likely to be the case with the rumoured bids being reported.

By the summer this will all have resolved.

Key thing is what MP says tomorrow.

Dramatic is an understatement.

Once players chased by high profile teams willing to pay big money decide they want to leave then its almost impossible to keep them.

They wanted to stay under NC as saw the progress being made. Now? Who knows.

If Lambert went for 7m or even Shaw for 20 odd it would be ok. Lallana would be the killer.

Don't think the transfer rumours are wholly accurate - while there has obviously been interest in the players it seems that all these rumours are resurfacing at a very convenient time for the press to create some kind of false maelstrom about the situation. I'm definitely not as confident that we will keep our best players now, but hopefully we can get through this period and get a bit of stability. That starts with not selling any players we don't need to.

That might suggest that the plan isn't to conduct a fire sale and get rid of the club asap.

It might suggest there is much more of this story to run yet.

I wont lie Im a little worried for our immediate future, just as I was getting excited by the 'vision'

I might avoid this place for a while I think, looks like the lunatics are out to play.

It might suggest there is much more of this story to run yet.

I wont lie Im a little worried for our immediate future, just as I was getting excited by the 'vision'

I might avoid this place for a while I think, looks like the lunatics are out to play.

Indeed, I think some people might be crying themselves to sleep tonight.

I think it's already acceptable. We've had one of the most astute and successful football directors in the country replaced with a morbidly obese female who's only claim to fame is being alive to inherit her families wealth.....tbh

Thank God there is some sense on here. I am seeing people suggest that she is bound to know what she is doing but I have no idea how they have come to this conclusion, she is a fat lass with a rich daddy and probably needs to sell the club to fund her pasty habit. Why anyone would think that being the daughter of a rich bloke means you have any idea how to run a ****ing corner shop, let alone a football club I cannot understand. The likeliness is she will have no clue whatsoever because she never had to get off her fat arse and do a hard days work in her entire life!

Edited by mynameisthehulk
Because I wanted to

Among the many things that are confusing about today's events, I find myself wondering about this:

Why, if Cortese really was working his notice period and expecting to leave, did he bother to pick a very public fight with the referees' association and the Premier League?

Could it be that he still expected things between he and Katharina to be resolved?

But could the eventual loss of public face associated with the Clattenburg exercise have convinced the Liebherr side even more that Cortese needed at least some supervision?

Indeed, I think some people might be crying themselves to sleep tonight.

Indeed, both sides of the fence.

The king is dead, long live the... Um... Queen I suppose.

Ill leave it a till the dust settles until I decide what level of emotional turmoil to pour out. Firstly Id say its probably bad news for us from an immediate POV but right now who knows ?

Once players chased by high profile teams willing to pay big money decide they want to leave then its almost impossible to keep them.

They wanted to stay under NC as saw the progress being made. Now? Who knows.

Thing is when is there ever a mass player exodus, in mid season with a club that isn't skint. Never.

Even if 5-6 key players want to leave I am sure we can negotiate them to stay until the summer.

I would like to think the players have an ounce of loyalty to the club.