Wang Jianlin looking at 175m takeover of Southampton according to Sunday Mirror

Matthew Le Tissier

Cheers

As I say, no new details are provided beyond the Mirror piece though some are suggesting Poch knows about the bid and is a reason for him staying which could be *******

http://sports.sina.com.cn/g/pl/2014-01-19/12106987610.shtml

http://news.xinhuanet.com/sports/2014-01/19/c_126026518.htm

http://sports.163.com/14/0119/10/9IUQMT0G00051CCL.html#p=8G635JRV0B6P0005

http://www.espnstar.com.cn/pub/international/2014/0119/311420.htm

Jesus Christ, MLG. Blackmore's source is almost certainly Cortese or someone very close.

Blackmore: "Hello Mr Cortese, Adam from the BBC here. Any truth in the rumour you're involved with this Wang fella in a bid to takeover Saints?"

Cortese: "No."

Blackmore: "Ok, thank you Mr Cortese. That's cleared that up. Bye".

Won't happen - someone has just made the Sunseeker link and thought up a story. No evidence to support and some evidence to suggest its not happening.

Not sure there is "evidence" either way really.

Just a case of Chinese whispers if you ask me.

This is an interesting interview, the numbers he rattles off are staggering...

If this comes off we could be competing with Man City and Chelsea, Cortese's ambition and Jianlin Wang's resources would be quite a combination.

Hadn't you noticed that we are already competing with Man City & Chelsea or is the PL organised differently these days?

Blackmore: "Hello Mr Cortese, Adam from the BBC here. Any truth in the rumour you're involved with this Wang fella in a bid to takeover Saints?"

Cortese: "No."

Blackmore: "Ok, thank you Mr Cortese. That's cleared that up. Bye".

More or less, yeah.

Far more likely than Blackmore ringing the SFC press office for confirmation of a story that is about their ex Chief Exec and a potential buyer, which was MLG's sweet little theory.

More or less, yeah.

Far more likely than Blackmore ringing the SFC press office for confirmation of a story that is about their ex Chief Exec and a potential buyer, which was MLG's sweet little theory.

So Blackmore ringing Cortese is more likely than Blackmore contacting one of the many members of the Saints media department he meets with regularly?

Really? I mean really?

Hahaha, yeh, Cortese and Blackmore have always been water-tight. :lol:

Blackmore has been as good a mouthpiece for Cortese as any in recent times.

Blackmore not quite as sycophantic as some of Cortese's chums on the nationals who have reached Redknapp levels of hero worship, granted.

So Blackmore ringing Cortese is more likely than Blackmore contacting one of the many members of the Saints media department he meets with regularly?

Really? I mean really?

I know you're heart broken that for the last three years you've been pompously claiming how the press deal in undubstantiated rumours and we do our business properly and all that rot....while all the time Cortese has been building a coterie of hacks, falling over themselves to spout of some Nicola pearls of wisdom.

While you've been belittling the press on your hero's behalf, he's been all over them. So spare me the "really" routine.

Blackmore could have easily rung Cortese. He's a frigging unemployed football administrator, not Kim Jung Un. He's probably sat by the phone right now waiting for his sweetheart Neil Ashton to ring him.

Remember: real life. Not a computer game.

I know you're heart broken that for the last three years you've been pompously claiming how the press deal in undubstantiated rumours and we do our business properly and all that rot....while all the time Cortese has been building a coterie of hacks, falling over themselves to spout of some Nicola pearls of wisdom.

While you've been belittling the press on your hero's behalf, he's been all over them. So spare me the "really" routine.

Blackmore could have easily rung Cortese. He's a frigging unemployed football administrator, not Kim Jung Un. He's probably sat by the phone right now waiting for his sweetheart Neil Ashton to ring him.

You only need to listen to Adam and Dave on Solent to realise how out the loop they are. I very much doubt Blackmore has Cortese's home or mobile phone number for a start.

Its not me that is out of touch with reality here ffs. You think a BBC radio Solent journalist has Cortese's home or mobile phone number and phoned him up today to get his view on the Mirror's story. For Christ's sake CB Fry!

Edited by Matthew Le God

:lol: :lol: :lol: MLG owns you! Now move on, I'm trying to dream about my seat in the new 80,000 Super Stadium and I want to know when it's going to happen and your clogging up the thread with your tears.

You only need to listen to Adam and Dave on Solent to realise how out the loop they are. I very much doubt Blackmore has Cortese's home or mobile phone number for a start.

Its not me that is out of touch with reality here ffs.

what are you saying?

that this rumour is true?

I don't think there's anything in this but if it was to happen, I wouldn't be surprised if he's another Vincent Tan and rebrands the club - which I suspect a fair amount of people on this forum would accept if he was throwing silly sums of money at it.

Doubt it - Chinese companies are going global precisely in order to acquire the kudos and the other intangibles that come with a 'brand', not to scrap and reinvent it in their own image. Not saying we're a brand but English football is.

I'd say it's unlikely that Blackmore would have telephone chats of the type suggested above with Cortese.

It's not completely impossible that a journalist such as Ashton or Blackmore would have Cortese's number, but it's extremely unlikely that Cortese would field media calls in the way suggested.

CEOs/Chairmen of high profile organisations typically employ media relations people to deal with these sort of things. Cortese himself also seems like a fairly controlled, almost private character. He almost certainly isn't spinning a line to a pack of journos who are hitting redial to get through to his home number.

Edited by SaintBobby

I don't think there's anything in this but if it was to happen, I wouldn't be surprised if he's another Vincent Tan and rebrands the club - which I suspect a fair amount of people on this forum would accept if he was throwing silly sums of money at it.

Will they want to make changes to the traditions of the club? No one knows. Interestingly though, when asked about investment in foreign businesses Wang said: ‘We will integrate ourselves in local culture, abide by local law and retain the management team of the local companies. In time we believe we will be well-received by local people.’

Its not me that is out of touch with reality here ffs. You think a BBC radio Solent journalist has Cortese's home or mobile phone number and phoned him up today to get his view on the Mirror's story. For Christ's sake CB Fry!

I think it's bizarre you think he wouldn't have it. Solent have been Cortese's pet media outlet locally - he's tickled the tummy of the Mail, the Sun and Sky Sports too of course - for the last five years.

Do you think they have been writing letters to each other all this time?

It's entirely possible that Nicola Cortese has no intention of coming back and is trying to stop stupid rumours about a comeback getting everyone's hopes up.

Blackmore was banned by NC for a while for something he wrote, a season or 3 back. Can't remember exactly what it was now.

He got in trouble for suggesting the switch from 4-4-2 on getting promoted Prem was imposed by Cortese, not Adkins choice -and evidence of clueless meddling.

The mongboard intelligentsia lapped it up.

Forget that 4-4-2 is completely unsuited to the prem and teams that play it are largely on a hiding to nothing.

I think it's bizarre you think he wouldn't have it. Solent have been Cortese's pet media outlet locally - he's tickled the tummy of the Mail, the Sun and Sky Sports too of course - for the last five years.

Do you think they have been writing letters to each other all this time?

It's entirely possible that Nicola Cortese has no intention of coming back and is trying to stop stupid rumours about a comeback getting everyone's hopes up.

I think when Cortese was still an employee at Saints; Sky, the BBC and the Daily Mail would be contacting Cortese through the club and his PA, not his home and mobile number.

Cortese wakes up on a Sunday morning and you think a local radio presenter would give him a call to get his opinion on a newspaper story so he can Tweet it? Really? Come on ffs

Is it not far more plausible that Blackmore either emailed/phoned/PM'd on Twitter one of the 5 or 6 media staff he knows at Saints? They then deny the Mirror takeover story because a) they aren't aware of the intentions of a Chinese company b) Liebherr doesn't inform the media department of takeovers and if she did she wouldn't want them blurting it out to the media

Edited by Matthew Le God

I think when Cortese was still an employee at Saints Sky, the BBC and the Daily Mail would be contacting Cortese through the club and his PA, not his home and mobile number.

Cortese wakes up on a Sunday monday and you think a local radio presenter would give him a call to get his opinion on a newspaper story so he can Tweet it?

Is it not far more plausible that Blackmore either emailed/phoned/PM'd on Twitter one of the 5 or 6 media staff he knows at Saints?

:lol:

I think when Cortese was still an employee at Saints; Sky, the BBC and the Daily Mail would be contacting Cortese through the club and his PA, not his home and mobile number.

Cortese wakes up on a Sunday monday and you think a local radio presenter would give him a call to get his opinion on a newspaper story so he can Tweet it?

Is it not far more plausible that Blackmore either emailed/phoned/PM'd on Twitter one of the 5 or 6 media staff he knows at Saints?

Is that how it works in your computer game? Fair enough then.

Pick a conspiracy theory then it fits.

MP knows what NC is up to so for Adam to tweet that all he had to do was "What's all this about Sunseeker/Jianlin?" to any of the MP's team. They roll around on the floor laughing - Tweet sent

KL has advisors at the club working Adam asks one of them. They ROFL

Adam calls up a mate in Poole and asks what he has heard from his mate who knows the taxi driver. He ROFL's

He bumps into Sibley - He ROFL's

In just about ANY scenario or conspiracy you can see how any reaction would give enough of a clue to enable a tweet to be sent.

In fact the ONLY conspiracy that is so off the wall as to be hysterical is Big Adam giving NC a call on a Sunday morning :lol:

Is that how it works in your computer game? Fair enough then.

He is a local radio presenter, any dealings he had with Cortese were rare (I think he only had one interview with him) and would be arranged through the club. His interactions with the club will be all through the media department. Blackmore did one interview with Cortese in 2010, that would most likely be arranged through his PA, not Cortese giving out his home and mobile number to Blackmore for him to ring him on Sunday mornings after he's left the club.

Do you think a BBC journalist would solely rely the 'official' line from the club being his source for all Saints information?

In the case of a matchday radio presenter for Radio Solent, yes I do. Have you listened to Radio Solent on matchdays? They know nothing other than want the media department want to tell them.

Edited by Matthew Le God

He is a local radio presenter, any dealings he had with Cortese were rare and would be done through the club. His interactions with the club will be all through the media department. Blackmore did one interview with Cortese in 2010, that would most likely be arranged through his PA, not Cortese giving out his home and mobile number to Blackmore.

In war, resolution; in defeat, defiance; in victory, magnanimity.

Go easy on the fella.

In the case of a matchday radio presenter for Radio Solent, yes I do.

So do you think a member of the media team told him a new Chief Exec could be appointed as soon as tomorrow? Why have they told him that and not published the information on the website for us all if it is the official line? And why would they know anyway?

I think if the last few years have taught us anything it is not to dismiss or not believe anything you hear in the media. I'm neutral on the takeover story but I do strongly believe Adam Blackmore does not rely on his information from the clubs media team. What's more, I also believe they are the last to be told of many things that would go on at board level around subjects like takeovers (as they should be).

Let it go CB Fry, you got destroyed, do the rest of us a favour and just let it go....

In regards to this guy coming in, can't see it but I remember thinking the same when ML was linked with us. So who knows.

If Cortese came back to the club with a guy with a £19Billion fortune I don't think many would complain. Except the anti Saints people of course.

He is a local radio presenter, any dealings he had with Cortese were rare (I think he only had one interview with him) and would be arranged through the club. His interactions with the club will be all through the media department. Blackmore did one interview with Cortese in 2010, that would most likely be arranged through his PA, not Cortese giving out his home and mobile number to Blackmore for him to ring him on Sunday mornings after he's left the club.

In the case of a matchday radio presenter for Radio Solent, yes I do. Have you listened to Radio Solent on matchdays? They know nothing other than want the media department want to tell them.

He's the sports editor.

The funny thing if we were talking, say, Harry Redknapp, none of you divs for a minute would question the idea that he would have the phone numbers of a key journalist or two.

Bless your little hearts you think your Nicky is everso different.