Liverpool build up

Batman

Sweet jesus.

need to get back to basics for this.....and get back to sort of the side that served us well earlier this season.

Boruc

Clyne

Lovren

Fonte

Shaw

Vic

Morgan

Gaston

Rodriguz

Lallana

Gallagher

Davis

Chambers

Yoshida

Cork

Davis.s

Lambert

JWP

Good side, but we'll be playing a team striving for something. That'll be the clincher in my eyes.

Sorry, we're striving for 7th. I forgot.

We're striving for the magic of seventh, which as everyone knows is pretty much the most magical magic thing in the whole of football.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us beat Liverpool after losing to ****e and bogey teams like Sunderland and West Ham.

Would like to see Clyne, Lovren, Vic and Gaston back in the side and maybe drop Lambert for Gallagher up front. At least he looks more lively than Ricky.

I'm hoping to see

Boruc

Chambers - Fonte - Lovren - Shaw

Morgan - Cork

Lallana - Gaston - JRod

Gallagher

*Insert dull sarcastic comment about 7th being exciting, it was so witty and insightful after the Chelsea game.

and the Burnley game

and the West Brom game

and the Sunderland game

and the Yeovil game

and the Arsenal game

and the Fulham game

and the Stoke game

and the Hull game

and the Sunderland game

and the West Ham game

Think Wanyama will be better suited to this one.

Boruc; Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw; Morgan Wanyama; Davis Lallana JRod; Gallagher.

Rickie looks leggy and off the pace, and Gallagher was impressive vs Arsenal. Clyne in there to combat Sterlings pace.

Surely gaston deserves to start.

if we can keep them quiet for the first 10 mins, I fancy our chances. they certainly wont be hoofing it.

its the sort of game our style is good for.

sturrdige and suarez mind.......

Last season Big Jos kept him quiet till he got kicked out of the game.

Hopefully the last 2 games will be the kick up the bum the team need. Like others have said I would go with young Sam from the start as like we saw against Arsenal he is very mobile, and like most of the nippers off the production line not phased by the step up. I would have Rickie on the bench and bring him on for J-Rod as when Rickie does come off the bench he always seems to have a bee in his bonnet to perform, but with Gallagher on the pitch he will have an eager runner to feed with the excellent vision he does have.

Gallagher against Liverpool?? seriously?? Ricky will be well up for this one! What are all you lot smoking/drinking, I often wonder if any of you go to St Marys regularly…

Clueless does not do it justice.

Now retreat to the PTS thread for sanity

Not really a need for a post like that, it's a very valid suggestion. Rickie has been awful for the majority of the last few months, the suggestion that we looked more mobile with Gallagher on the pitch is a valid one and it's an option that shouldn't be ignored.

I'm wary of starting Gallagher. It seems a lot of people want to put Joe NotRickie in the starting XI and young Sam's all we've got. We have no idea how well he'll perform.

This will be a very difficult game. They'll be in much, much better shape than when we played them at Anfield and when they came to St Mary's last season.

I'd keep Ramirez on the bench and use him fairly early in the second half if something different is needed.

If Lovren and Wanyama ...fully fit to start....my team v Liverpool.

Boruc

Clyne

Fonte

Lovren

Shaw

Wanyama

Morgan

Lallana

Gaston

JRod

Lambert

Subs.. Davis, Yoshida , Chambers, Davis , Cork, Gallagher and JWP

As stated...Depending on fitness of various players.

Choice re Morgan or Cork.....IF Wanyama fit to start.

re Davis or Gaston........IF Gaston is now fully fit....play him from start....

I accept that Davis and Cork have played well.......but I see the extra flair and goal threat that Gaston offers.

Cork or Morgan...........Difficult as I think Morgan has been off the boil......but maybe pushing him forward if Victor plays and is anchor.

I am sticking with Lambert as he will score...at least 2......

Clyne over Chambers for his extra speed and recovery.....always a threat....

Saints to win 3-2.:)

Can't see anything other than a Liverpool win for this one - they are flying right now and we are stumbling slowly over the 40 point marker. I'd take a point now, and won't be too disappointed if we end up with nothing so long as we don't get our asses kicked. Played ok yesterday - but our finishing let us down and we couldn't handle their directness. Their style might suit us but I really wouldn't want to get into a scoring war with Suarez and Sturridge - could see it ending up 2 - 5 or something like that.

Gallagher against Liverpool?? seriously?? Ricky will be well up for this one! What are all you lot smoking/drinking, I often wonder if any of you go to St Marys regularly…

Clueless does not do it justice.

Now retreat to the PTS thread for sanity

Who started agianst Arsenal?

So a sentence that completely contradicts the line-up, given that Ramirez and Gallagher didn't play earlier in the season and we're 'getting back to basics' with an XI that has never played together, and a striker who has never scored.

Still, for me that team but with Lambert for Gallagher and Cork for Wanyama.

I think the biggest problem with be apathy. The talent remains, but whatever players say there is an extra motivation in chasing something, and I don't believe they really think they can do better than 8th now. I also think many of them will be doubting the manager's long term future and it isn't helping.

Liverpool can't defend that well, so we'll get chances, but think this will be another 1-3.

getting back to the sort of side

not the exact side

you really are a pompous ****

Big test this - I think we may sneak a draw, my worry is that Lovren will not be match fit and facing two speedsters in Sturridge and Suarez is not an ideal comeback, he'd be better off facing a bruser. Boruc, Clyne, Lovren, Fonte, Shaw, Cork, Spiderman, Davis, Lallana, Rodrigues and Lambert for me. Ramirez has looked good recently but this is a game it is more important we do not fall behind in - win the battle first half first then bring him on. Can't agree with starting Gallagher - we need to stick with Lambert until the season ends (Gallagher great for last 30 mins to build experience) - he will come good just have faith. It is frightening that we are pinning our hopes on an 18yr old with pretty much zero professional football experience - suggesting he is already good enough to face one of the best teams in the world is wide of the mark (I know he played against Arsenal, but we happened to catch them on an off day, Liverpool will be firing on Saturday and their back line may have been criticised but they are very experienced). Guess it shows how disasterous our £20m splurge on poor/mad centre forwards has been.

Liverpool now 8 games in the League unbeaten this year, scored 26 goals in those games, but let in 12; would suggest a 2-2 draw, 4 points from them this season a good return. I still think they will win the League though, peaking at just the right time.

Going back to my Gallagher comment, as I said after West ham, we need more composure in and around the box, that will come with experience as our team is both very young and with limited PL time really, so why would you put in an 18 year old to add to the problem - he only played v Arsenal as he was last man standing and he sliced a good chance wide, hence my point. OK he may be more mobile than SRL, but its what you do with it that counts. Play to our strengths is all I ask.

Boruc

Clyne - Fonte - Lovren - Shaw

Wanyama - Schneiderlin

Ramirez - Lallana - JRod

Gallagher

Subs: Kelvin, Chambers, Yoshida, Cork, JWP, Davis, Lambert

Agree with most of that, but I don't think we can afford to drop Davis. Not only has he been our most consistent player of late he also provides that additional midfield cover when Ramirez will undoubtedly go roaming.

In normal circumstances I'm not a fan of Rodriguez up front but with Toure in defence and the creativity of AL and GR behind I think he could do a good job this weekend.

Boruc

Wanyama - Schneiderlin

Ramirez - Davis - Lallana

Rodriguez

Thought this was a sell out but tickets seem to be back for sale on-line.

Liverpool returns?

Very much doubt it, much more likely that most casual fans see our season as over now and don't see the point in forking out £45 (or whatever it costs for a Cat A game) when they have other things to do.

If Lovren and Wanyama ...fully fit to start....my team v Liverpool.

Boruc

Wanyama - Morgan

Lallana - Gaston - JRod

Lambert

Subs.. Davis, Yoshida , Chambers, Davis , Cork, Gallagher and JWP

Saints to win 3-2.:)

I agree with most of that, but not the score. I think they will have too much for us... 1-3.

One things for sure, if we are as wasteful in front of goal as we have been of late we won't win. Really, really needs to be sorted out, don't ask me how though. Our midfielders keep trying to thread the ball through to our attackers who then either miss, lose the ball or are offside, they might as well shoot from 20 yds, who knows we might get some deflections. One free kick goal from our strikers in 4 games isn't enough, in fact it's lamentably bad. Lallana, JRod and Lambert certainly wouldn't have done themselves any favours with Lewington who was there to watch them on Saturday.

Edited by Window Cleaner

If he starts you have to rest Lallana? Davis is integral to our system, especially against the better teams in the division.

We need Rodriguez's pace. Unless you play JRod up top and Gaston in behind and drop Lambert.

Gaston for me

However I feel with the formation we have the CAM (Davis,Gaston) need to be creating chances for the ST,but because of Lamberts mobility we are not creating nowhere near enough for the amount of possession we have.

I would have Davis/Lallana out wide with J-rod (I know he is not best suited as lone ST) as the ST with Gaston trying to get those balls through the shaky Liverpool defence.

If Mopo is feeling adventurous try McQueen as the winger with AL and J-rod

Boruc

Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw

Cork Spider

AL Gaston Davis/Mcqueen

J-rod

Edited by pangy

McQueen?

WTF????

on another note, SURELY Hodgson will be at this game. Loads of England players on show...

Shaw

Clyne

Chambers

Lallana

Cork

Rodriguez

Lambert

Johnson

Flannegan

Gerrard

Henderson

Sterling

Sturridge

Edited by Batman

McQueen?

WTF????

on another note, SURELY Hodgson will be at this game. Loads of England players on show...

Shaw

Clyne

Chambers

Lallana

Cork

Rodriguez

Lambert

Johnson

Flannegan

Gerrard

Henderson

Sterling

Sturridge

Don't know, Lewington was at the Boleyn last Saturday, squad for the next week is already picked anyway. Chambers is only in the U19s and we need to stop dreaming about Clyne, he's not even first choice at Saints any more. The 4 last mentioned Liverpool lads are on the plane already.

Edited by Window Cleaner