Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Haven't seen this article posted anywhere yet but in the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf there's an article about the Koeman-brothers and their project here.

Its an interesting article all together and worth a read but the most interesting sentence is the last one.

Ronald Koeman is onder de indruk van de mogelijkheden die Southampton heeft. „Als je ziet wat voor faciliteiten er zijn. Met name op het trainingscentrum. Dat is echt top of the bill. Het kan niet beter”, aldus de ontspannen ogende manager. „We hebben inmiddels een goed beeld van de selectie gekregen. Met Pelle en Tadic erbij ziet dat er goed uit, maar er moeten nog wel vier of vijf versterkingen bij.”

I think we all need to calm down a bit and wait who these 4-5 are before hitting the panic button.

I would have thought there would be a few bargains to be had in Ukraine. I dont know to what extent they will be able to run the League this season. Certainly they won't be able to play fixtures involving Zorya Luhansk or the the two Donnetsk clubs, Shakhtar and Metalurg. The two Crimean clubs, Tavria and Sevastopol have been expelled, together with Arsenal Kyiv who I think went bust.

Never in a million years will Shakhtar be allowed to take part in the Champs League even if they do have a squad left. At a guess Dnipro will take their place. I can't see the decent players staying there. The league has been ripped apart.

Not in EU though so will complicate any signings

We are unquestionably so far having the worst window of any PL team, by quite some way.

What about Spurs who have signed none? Villa have lost Albighton and gained some extra deadweight.

Burnley and Leicester have done some odd business which will hardly encourage their fans.

QPR haven't done much business yet either and haven't made much noise.

I would love to hear the reasoning behind your dramatic and reactionary statement that we are "unquestionably" having the worst window, as I would say your opinion is pretty bloody questionable! :rolleyes:

What about Spurs who have signed none? Villa have lost Albighton and gained some extra deadweight.

Burnley and Leicester have done some odd business which will hardly encourage their fans.

I would love to hear the reasoning behind your dramatic and reactionary statement that we are "unquestionably" having the worst window, as I would say your opinion is pretty bloody questionable! :rolleyes:

The thing I would say about those sides, is that they've kept their teams together - it's not always about who you sign, it's often about who you keep! And we've lost our entire spine, which doesn't exactly equate to a successful window in my books as it stands. Still, we will replace them and it could end up being a good window for us all - but at the moment, it's all a bit of a frustration.

Are you new here? Don't ask him to explain his reasoning, he's an incredibly dull troll who spouts bollix endlessly. His ability to be a relentless bellend is well known.

Simple reasoning:

1. We have sold our three England World Cup players, will sell Lovren shortly and possibly more.

Spurs or Villa havent done that. Nobody else has sold the spine of their team.

2. So far we have brought in two players and lost 3 nearly four.

3. We havent addressed, so far, ANY of the areas that we were weak in last season.

In conclusion, so far we are weaker than we were at the start of the window and therefore so far are having the worst window because that possibly only also applies to Swansea.

Not rocket science. Can anyone name a team with a worse window so far and be serious in saying its been worse than ours?

I do think some on here have their heads in the sand.

We've lost 3 players, Lovren looks set to make it 4 and I wouldn't be confident about us keeping Schneiderlin either.

Potentially 5 players who played a huge part in our decent season, all gone in the same window. It doesn't look good does it?

The thing I would say about those sides, is that they've kept their teams together - it's not always about who you sign, it's often about who you keep! And we've lost our entire spine, which doesn't exactly equate to a successful window in my books as it stands. Still, we will replace them and it could end up being a good window for us all - but at the moment, it's all a bit of a frustration.

We have not lost our spine, come on. We have lost 3 starting XI players, so we still have the majority of that team that finished 8th last year in place and have replaced two of those already, we are currently only one player short of what we finished with (not including players released).

Chelsea have lost Cole, Lampard, Luiz and Eto'o, more of their core than we have lost, and they will still cope. Palace released quite a few of their first team regulars from last season and so far have only put pen to paper on one new signing.

We are not the only team who won't start the season without some of their first teamers from last season. I'm not too concerned about not having Shaw and Lallana, as long as like you suggest, we do add a few more faces, we could come out of this summer pretty well, IMO.

Sorry but we have lost Lambert, Lallana and Lovren plus Shaw. I would say thats the spine of the team. And thats without mentioning Morgan.

I know its fashionable to call people trolls etc, but do people seriously not realise this?

When you mention Chelsea they have lost those players through choice and replaced with better ie Fabregas, Costa etc. So that argument is pretty poor.

Sorry but we have lost Lambert, Lallana and Lovren plus Shaw. I would say thats the spine of the team. And thats without mentioning Morgan.

I know its fashionable to call people trolls etc, but do people seriously not realise this?

When you mention Chelsea they have lost those players through choice and replaced with better ie Fabregas, Costa etc. So that argument is pretty poor.

Completely agree mate we are a laughing stock.

Lambert who the last two managers who have been trying to replace and phase out of the team, who we have made profit on at the age of 32 and who we would have likely tried to replace again this summer. Boo hoo. Replaced with Pellé.

Lallana who has had one good season, and has been talked up by the press into a £25million player despite only chipping in with 12 goals in two years and roughly the same amount of assists who had the ability to go missing in games and never stepped up when we needed him most to turn games around. Replaced by Tadíc.

Shaw is a left back, not irreplaceable. Obviously it's nicer to have a world class player back, but it's not the end of the world if we find a decent replacement. He still has the odd mistake in him, and for an attacking full back, 0 goals or assists isn't great. Gutted he's gone, but it's not like he's gone to Hull or whatever. Man United are much bigger than us and probably very difficult to turn down.

Morgan hasn't specifically suggested he wants to leave, that has been completely talked up by the press. One day, I think he will play for Arsenal, but from his comments RE speaking to Koeman and new signings and Koeman's comments in his press conference about Schneiderlin give me hope we will have him for at least one more season.

While I would have loved to have kept Lambert and Shaw and I hope that we keep Schneiderlin and Lovren, it's not the end of the world if we don't as long as we replace them well. My point with Chelsea wasn't the quality of player really, it was that they have lost their spine too (in the same positions as us!) but their world will keep turning, and guess what...so will ours.

We have not lost our spine, come on. We have lost 3 starting XI players, so we still have the majority of that team that finished 8th last year in place and have replaced two of those already, we are currently only one player short of what we finished with (not including players released).

Chelsea have lost Cole, Lampard, Luiz and Eto'o, more of their core than we have lost, and they will still cope. Palace released quite a few of their first team regulars from last season and so far have only put pen to paper on one new signing.

We are not the only team who won't start the season without some of their first teamers from last season. I'm not too concerned about not having Shaw and Lallana, as long as like you suggest, we do add a few more faces, we could come out of this summer pretty well, IMO.

Come on now,we have no where near the back up Chelsea have and that wasnt the core last season. Agree with Saints Foreva.People do seem to have their heads in the sand!. Assuming Lovren leaves and probably Morgan,we would have a starting line up with somewhere around 150 appearances between them! What with the lack of Premier League experiences between the replacements,this season could be a massive struggle with too much pressure being put on the kids coming through.

Just to be clear,i WANT Saints to succeed. Just think people are assuming the replacements are literally like for like when they are not.

I don't think Pelle looks anything special but he's still clearly an upgrade on Lambert. Lamberts finished, I thought he was complete garbage last season. Tadic is admittedly probably a fairly big step down from Lallana of last season, but Ramirez is a better player then Lallana when he gets a run in the side

I do not have my head in the sand, nor is it in the clouds. I can see clearly. The reality is that we have sold three players - one who is a club legend in his time here to his boyhood team. If it was the other way round would we care. No. One is arguably the most highly rated teenager in Europe and has been sold to the biggest club for a huge fee and record fee. Some players will inevitably get too big for us. Saurez got too good for Liverpool. The other one is the one that leaves a small foul taste in the mouth. Some will argue that he too became too good for us. I think not but his intent to leave albeit understandable from a career perspective, the way he acted was wrong. We as the club maximised the value of his sale. For what it's worth I suspect he will be in and out of the Liverpool team and looking back in a few years it will be clear that he had reached his peak, and by not playing regularly I doubt he will maintain his level for long.

The club has stated they don't want to sell anymore. As much as I believe they believe that the reality is that one or two offers may be too good to turn down. That does not make us a selling club it makes us far more of a sound business making good decisions when needed. We hold the power position regarding our players. If as some suspect we sell more and fail to replace then I will join the camp of moaners. I am though prepared not to panic and share my insecurity publically and wait until firstly the 3rd August (as a date to judge suggested by Guan), then at the first game and finally full judgement at the end of the transfer window.

Les Reed comes across as someone who has a plan and knows what he is doing but publically he and the club could be more vocal sometimes. It is however funny how some posters on here are happy to take the word of anonymous faceless journalists/twitter feeds over the word of an employee of the club they support. Illogical, but sums up the level of intelligence of some.

Like others I hope to hear good news soon, but am prepared to be patient as these things are clearly not always simple when going for better and better players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are unquestionably so far having the worst window of any PL team, by quite some way.

Whenever I see your posts I can't help but picture you as a crying man in makeup on his knees clutching a tear stained signed photo of adam lallana, whilst hissing your post content out through clenched teeth.

Just wondered… how close to the truth am I?

Whenever I see your posts I can't help but picture you as a crying man in makeup on his knees clutching a tear stained signed photo of adam lallana, whilst hissing your post content out through clenched teeth.

Just wondered… how close to the truth am I?

You are spot on.

In other news, looks like we have hit the release clause in Caulker's deal but he is probably going to QPR.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11704/9388836

Be a shame if we really want him and are beaten by a newly promoted side.

We're not a laughing stock, don't be ridiculous.

I think that one was sarcasm.

What I don't get is that at the current time the situations is this:-

Lost - Lambert, a purchased first team player

Lost - Lallana, a purchased but arguably academy first team player

Lost - Guly, a purchased squad player

Lost - Shaw, an academy first team player

We have not (yet) lost Lovren, MS or Osvaldo so why suggest we should have replaced them whilst we're trying to keep (the first 2 at least)

So we have lost 2 first team players who were not academy and 1 academy graduate...................

...and we have bought 2 players for £18m ish (so I'm assuming they're not crap) and we have numerous academy players on the edge. They're training with the first team squad so you have to show a bit of faith that at least one out of 5 will come though.

On that basis, as of today, we are one player down. We need a Guly replacement (really!?)

Now I know that this view won't keep the screamers happy but I don't see why you're all crying about not having signed 6 players yet.

...and why we're at it. Les said all the proceeds of sales would be reinvested, he didn't say that it would be this window, or the next.

Please stop crying and try and show some perspective. If you handle your marriages and careers the same way you'll be divorced and fired before you know it (if you haven't been already) ;)

Certainly ML and KL don't deserve this. We could be Sheffield United, Wednesday or god forbid the fish fiddlers without what has been done for us already

Please stop whining and enjoy the ride. All roller coasters have downs as wells as ups and we've had one hell of a climb over the last few years anyway

You are spot on.

In other news, looks like we have hit the release clause in Caulker's deal but he is probably going to QPR.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11704/9388836

Be a shame if we really want him and are beaten by a newly promoted side.

Rubbish. Its obvious Caulker doesn't want to go to qpr. That's why Harry was reduced to almost begging in his interview the other night.

And to those who think we're a laughing stock. A Liverpool team with Lambert, Coutinho and Borini couldn't get a goal past pne while Emre Can hobbled off after 20 minutes having aggravated a previous while injury.

I cant believe the happy clappers think we are having a good transfer window . So far it has been just short of disasterous if Morgan and Lovren leave and with potentially losing the whole of our spine we have so far had the worst window of any premiership team by a country mile.

Really hope we get some good news sooner rather than later as every day that goes by and we don't land another significant signing makes it easier for the press to keep upping the hype about us being a crisis club and further unsettling our players. If we want Morgan to stay we need to land significant targets quickly imo.

Lets hope this current week is a whole lot better than the one just finished!!

I cant believe the happy clappers think we are having a good transfer window . So far it has been just short of disasterous if Morgan and Lovren leave and with potentially losing the whole of our spine we have so far had the worst window of any premiership team by a country mile.

Really hope we get some good news sooner rather than later as every day that goes by and we don't land another significant signing makes it easier for the press to keep upping the hype about us being a crisis club and further unsettling our players. If we want Morgan to stay we need to land significant targets quickly imo.

We've had an absolutely appaling transfer window. Probably the worst in our history if you assume that Morgan and Lovren are off.

People keep saying that they hope the next week is better than this one, but what has actually happened in the last week? Nothing. No one has gone, and no one has signed. We aren't in any better or worse position than we were 7 days ago, so I'm not sure what was so bad about last week! Just because we didn't sign anyone??

Would imagine the absence of Koeman in the UK would have had a bearing on it.

People keep saying that they hope the next week is better than this one, but what has actually happened in the last week? Nothing. No one has gone, and no one has signed. We aren't in any better or worse position than we were 7 days ago, so I'm not sure what was so bad about last week! Just because we didn't sign anyone??

Would imagine the absence of Koeman in the UK would have had a bearing on it.

Well we are a week closer to the season starting and still very weak with less time to gel and with lovren very likely to leave followed by Morgan.

I don't think Pelle looks anything special but he's still clearly an upgrade on Lambert. Lamberts finished, I thought he was complete garbage last season. Tadic is admittedly probably a fairly big step down from Lallana of last season, but Ramirez is a better player then Lallana when he gets a run in the side

Absolute nonsense. You wanna buy yourself a copy of the DVD of the past season and see for yourself just how ridiculous that statement about Lambert is ! :mcinnes:

I do not have my head in the sand, nor is it in the clouds. I can see clearly. The reality is that we have sold three players - one who is a club legend in his time here to his boyhood team. If it was the other way round would we care. No. One is arguably the most highly rated teenager in Europe and has been sold to the biggest club for a huge fee and record fee. Some players will inevitably get too big for us. Saurez got too good for Liverpool. The other one is the one that leaves a small foul taste in the mouth. Some will argue that he too became too good for us. I think not but his intent to leave albeit understandable from a career perspective, the way he acted was wrong. We as the club maximised the value of his sale. For what it's worth I suspect he will be in and out of the Liverpool team and looking back in a few years it will be clear that he had reached his peak, and by not playing regularly I doubt he will maintain his level for long.

The club has stated they don't want to sell anymore. As much as I believe they believe that the reality is that one or two offers may be too good to turn down. That does not make us a selling club it makes us far more of a sound business making good decisions when needed. We hold the power position regarding our players. If as some suspect we sell more and fail to replace then I will join the camp of moaners. I am though prepared not to panic and share my insecurity publically and wait until firstly the 3rd August (as a date to judge suggested by Guan), then at the first game and finally full judgement at the end of the transfer window.

Les Reed comes across as someone who has a plan and knows what he is doing but publically he and the club could be more vocal sometimes. It is however funny how some posters on here are happy to take the word of anonymous faceless journalists/twitter feeds over the word of an employee of the club they support. Illogical, but sums up the level of intelligence of some.

Like others I hope to hear good news soon, but am prepared to be patient as these things are clearly not always simple when going for better and better players.

This.

How many did we sell in the last 7 days ?

If we lose lovren and Morgan we will have lost our five best players.

If ?

As it stands we have lost AL and replaced him with a better player, have lost an ageing RL and replaced him with a more mobile version who can finish as good as RL. Also money spare from those deals, we have lost LS who is not a match winner, granted we have not replaced him as yet unless you believe Matt targett can do as good a job as shaw.

Luke Shaw potentially a great left back but his delivery was poor, at times defending was poor and pace rescued him a few times. He is not and will never be a Gareth bale, so the money we got from him was fantastic and he can be replaced with money left over by someone equally as effective.

Agree would hate to lose Lovren and Morgan, Morgan especially as I feel again Lovren is replaceable.

If ?

As it stands we have lost AL and replaced him with a better player, have lost an ageing RL and replaced him with a more mobile version who can finish as good as RL. Also money spare from those deals, we have lost LS who is not a match winner, granted we have not replaced him as yet unless you believe Matt targett can do as good a job as shaw.

Luke Shaw potentially a great left back but his delivery was poor, at times defending was poor and pace rescued him a few times. He is not and will never be a Gareth bale, so the money we got from him was fantastic and he can be replaced with money left over by someone equally as effective.

Agree would hate to lose Lovren and Morgan, Morgan especially as I feel again Lovren is replaceable.

It is reported that lovren is leaving tomorrow. We have an ever-shortening period to get replacements in and get them to gel. Both of our signings may be brilliant and I hope they are but they are currently unproven in the prem so to say they are better than what we have is ridiculous at the moment. Targett is the same and no idea how he will do yet. We need a lot of things to go for us as it stands just to be at a similar standard as last season.

The choice is simple.

Fight other ambitious clubs for the best players available even if it takes until the last second of the transfer window, the player (and agent) will want the best option available and will hold out for the best move

or, buy the lesser players now because they don't have that many options

I don't get how people don't understand that the you can't buy 6 (or even 2, or 1) top players by yesterday, unless they think we should just pay well over the odds. Buy the lesser players and 'underwhelmed' will be thrown around (although anyone less than Ronaldo will not be good enough for some)

The whole attitude is frankly childish. It's as though the forum is filled by 15 year olds but I suspect the main culprits are old enough to know better

If ?

So, you have been watching Tadic and Pelle in the Dutch League have you ?.. if not then its pure speculation, and I would waver on the other side having seen Lambert and lallana play in the Premier League.

Completely agree mate we are a laughing stock.

I assume you are talking about yourself personally and not Saints as a whole. If so you are spot on.

I think that most people will be looking at us and thinking we probably slightly over-achieved last season, and have cashed in very sensibly on players that wanted to leave. We have now brought in a new manager with a solid reputation, who will try and retain some of the key players for the rebuilding project, of which he has a significant transfer kitty to bolster the squad.

Hilarious stuff.

None but Guan and other itk's said by last Sunday things would be looking so much better. A week later and they are certainly not hence my comment on why the last week has been so frustrating

We clamour for information and so the club unofficially gives hints about what they're trying.

But they're only trying and much can and does go wrong, and deals then don't happen.

Why shout for info and then crucify the ITK when it doesn't come off?

It is reported that lovren is leaving tomorrow. We have an ever-shortening period to get replacements in and get them to gel. Both of our signings may be brilliant and I hope they are but they are currently unproven in the prem so to say they are better than what we have is ridiculous at the moment. Targett is the same and no idea how he will do yet. We need a lot of things to go for us as it stands just to be at a similar standard as last season.

We do need more signings definately, we would have done had the players that have left stayed. I honestly believe our first 11 and our squad will be better than last year, and Liverpool losing Suarez by far represents a worse situation than those we have lost

Sweet Jesus, talk about working oneself up into a lather. This board has become more hysterical everyday this week and absolutely nothing has changed. Yes it's concerning, but seriously, does it really warrant some of the hair rending that is on here.