Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Think Rodriguez was the last English player we signed. We just don't seem to get anywhere where British players are concerned. All the English players want is to leave and go elsewhere. At least Cortese, being in banking, knew how to pay players in overseas account. That no longer exists.

Is that last part relevant to signing English players? I get very confused reading your posts and i'm sure it's not down to a shortcoming on my behalf.

Yes personally i would have loved to seen us go for luc castaignos, looks the business and definately has a bright future

Nearly went to Swansea I think? To be fair I havent read a single report on Tadic where there has been a doubt about his ability to be a good signing. Looks like a good one.

Sweet Jesus, talk about working oneself up into a lather. This board has become more hysterical everyday this week and absolutely nothing has changed. Yes it's concerning, but seriously, does it really warrant some of the hair rending that is on here.

Yep. I have a look daily to see if there are any good rumours going around and I'm met with what appears to be a bunch of pre-teens squealing at the loss of their favourite boy band member.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pelle and Tadic turn out to be upgrades. Lambert needed replacing in any case.

The defence is currently a bit of a worry so I hope we keep Lovren and add another CB and an LB.

It will be a shame if Morgan leaves but it's not really a big deal - we are strong in CM even without him.

If Lovren leaves and we haven't signed a couple of really good defenders by the time the season starts then there will be some justified moaning.

Inter Milan continue to work on new signings and reports in Italy claim there has been contact with Bundesliga side Hoffenheim regarding a deal for Roberto Firmino. The 22-year-old Brazilian attacking midfielder has previously been linked with the likes of Liverpool, and Hoffenheim reportedly want €7million (£5.5m) for him.

Would be well worth a punt for 5.5m!

Absolute nonsense. You wanna buy yourself a copy of the DVD of the past season and see for yourself just how ridiculous that statement about Lambert is ! :mcinnes:

Nah you're alright cheers, I streamed every game online last season and was quite consistent in saying he was crap all season so I can't see a DVD changing my mind. Guarantee he doesn't get more then 5 goals this season if he doesn't take penalties

I don't think Pelle looks anything special but he's still clearly an upgrade on Lambert. Lamberts finished, I thought he was complete garbage last season. Tadic is admittedly probably a fairly big step down from Lallana of last season, but Ramirez is a better player then Lallana when he gets a run in the side

Priceless post...I know you try hard to post things of credibility but sadly for you, it always

across as ramblings of a fool with a very limited, virtually non existent understanding of football...

You are just getting laughed at...

Nah you're alright cheers, I streamed every game online last season and was quite consistent in saying he was crap all season so I can't see a DVD changing my mind. Guarantee he doesn't get more then 5 goals this season if he doesn't take penalties

Lambert was crap all season? :rolleyes:

Inter Milan continue to work on new signings and reports in Italy claim there has been contact with Bundesliga side Hoffenheim regarding a deal for Roberto Firmino. The 22-year-old Brazilian attacking midfielder has previously been linked with the likes of Liverpool, and Hoffenheim reportedly want €7million (£5.5m) for him.

Would be well worth a punt for 5.5m!

Strange price since he signed a new contract in march to 2017, and transfermarkt has his market value at £22m...

To be fair he really was saying this all season. I applaud his consistency and the determination to keep saying it until its true.

From wiki

Racing Club

Teó moved to his country without permission of Trabzonspor or his manager claiming to have some health problems. After check-ups, doctors did not find any health problems, and on 3 February 2011, Trabzonspor accepted a bid from Racing Club of Argentina. Teó was forced to leave Racing under a cloud following an incident in which he was alleged to have threatened his team-mates with a paintball gun in the changing-room after a match against Independiente.

As Guan said, club are allowing some rumors to go out there...

So I´m presuming that we´re in for another Colombian player, and we do like the Rodriguez boys... :D

Sorry to burst your bubble, but he's in Madrid ahead of an £80m transfer from Monaco. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if Pelle and Tadic turn out to be upgrades. Lambert needed replacing in any case.

The defence is currently a bit of a worry so I hope we keep Lovren and add another CB and an LB.

It will be a shame if Morgan leaves but it's not really a big deal - we are strong in CM even without him.

If Lovren leaves and we haven't signed a couple of really good defenders by the time the season starts then there will be some justified moaning.

Jesus you do talk some rubbish

Bit worrying that we continue to be linked to average journeymen. Hope it is all a smokescreen for the real activity. Though doesn't seem as if anything is actually close. Once Lovren leaves, I make that 5 more signings needed. 2 centre backs, a left back, a wing forward, and another striker. Tick, tock...

From wiki

Racing Club

Teó moved to his country without permission of Trabzonspor or his manager claiming to have some health problems. After check-ups, doctors did not find any health problems, and on 3 February 2011, Trabzonspor accepted a bid from Racing Club of Argentina. Teó was forced to leave Racing under a cloud following an incident in which he was alleged to have threatened his team-mates with a paintball gun in the changing-room after a match against Independiente.

I thought someone said we'd learnt from our mstakes

Why would an English club be offering a South American club 9 million euros for anybody? First rule of rumour mongering is getting the details right.

Its probably the most used currency for selling football players to Europe in South America?

Not that I see any substance in the rumour though, but that´s not a detail I think is wrong in it...(poor poor grammar, but tired)

Liverpool in for Milner also

Sloppy seconds indeed. They seem to be filling their squad up with average for some random reason. In the hope that a bunch of average/decent players can replace 1 world class player - won't happen.

Nearly went to Swansea I think? To be fair I havent read a single report on Tadic where there has been a doubt about his ability to be a good signing. Looks like a good one.

Hope it works out as much as his ability should dictate it does, but I suppose you never know mate how things will work moving to a different league. I am a firm believer that talent can perform anywhere, so fingers crossed. I am really positive about this year as things currently stand. Would hate to lose Morgan though, that would in my opinion be the biggest blow