Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

I don't see possibly needing to replace Morgan as urgent

Then you are surely one of the most misguide people on here. MS is the only visionary game changer we have, every time he ha sheen injured or suspended we have struggled no matter who else was in the team.

HE is INDISPENSABLE!

What transfers (as per the heading)? We are faced with a wall of silence, a few platitudes from RK otherwise nothing on incomings and even less on outgoings. It's no good asking "What's going on?" since clearly nothing is!

Come on PR machine, get your heads off the pillow and get into action.

As I read it everyone wants out and no bugger wants to come in as a result. If we are to be entertained to Championship football next year at least give us some warning or are we supposed to work that out for ourselves?

You've jumped to some very strange conclusions.

Do you want a minute by minute account of what the recruitment department is doing? Just because they aren't publicly revealing what they are doing it doesn't mean "clearly nothing is" going on. It makes sense not to alert other clubs of our intentions and put up a wall of silience.

"everyone wants out and no bugger wants to come in as a result", the players that have been offered huge wages to player for two of the biggest clubs in the World want out. But surely you can understand why that would be can't you....? Why have you jumped to the conclusion that "no bugger wants to come in"? We've already signed two players for nearly £19m for a start.

Edited by Matthew Le God

No its not, provided we make good on our losses + J-Rod out until Xmas. Currently that is 2 for 3/4, but if Lovren goes we are looking incredibly weak in the back 5.

I dont see possibly needing to replace Morgan as urgent, and I agree that replacing Pochettino with Koeman may well turn out to be a case of losing a penny and finding a pound.

Really think we need an addtional GK, CB and ST mid-term though..

This may surprise you Alps but I agree with you and it does sound the RK and the Board are working on those signings right now. In an ideal world we would have the squad sorted by now but I think most of us understand that agents are holding out for the best deals at the best clubs for their clients and the horse trading will go right up to the last minute of the last day for some clubs. There is no pint in panicking untl the transfer window closes. By that time we shal know what we have for the next season and then it is down to Ron to get the best out of them. What has happened has happened but it does open up new opportunities and I for one am quite excited to see what the new season brings. I totally agree that Pochettino leaving may have truned out to be a blessing and cant wait to see what and who RK brings to the club!

I promise that when (we) all hear something positive to celebrate, I will join in

It's simply that I don't consider losing Cortese, Poch and circa five players as something to be positive about

Obviously you do ?

It really does depend on who replaces them, doesn't it? And it is no use you mentally slashing your wrists until such times as that takes place.

The jury is still out on whether Cortese going was a good or bad thing.

In my opinion, we have upgraded on Pochettino and quite possibly Lallana and Lambert. At the current time, it is three players gone, not five, although it might yet be five. But if their replacements are of the calibre of the two replacements brought in so far, then I for one will be perfectly content.

Excuse me if I take your statement that you will join in the celebrations following these future signings with a pinch of salt. On the face of it, that just isn't you.

Then you are surely one of the most misguide people on here. MS is the only visionary game changer we have, every time he ha sheen injured or suspended we have struggled no matter who else was in the team.

HE is INDISPENSABLE!

B*ll*cks. Cork is more than capable of taking over.

Listening to Talksport, Colin Murray's show just started and he's said that Matt Le Tissier has texted him & told him to get Frannie Benali on the show (which he will be about 12.00) and he's said that he doesn't know why? Could there be an announcement (player in or player out) this morning?

Listening to Talksport, Colin Murray's show just started and he's said that Matt Le Tissier has texted him & told him to get Frannie Benali on the show (which he will be about 12.00) and he's said that he doesn't know why? Could there be an announcement (player in or player out) this morning?

Probably just to talk about saints current situation and his run for charity thing

What would benali have to do with that? It will be for his running thing surely.

More likely to be about BenalisBigRun

MLT tweeted Colin Murray the other day asking if Franny can come on the show to talk about his charity challenge run. Nothing to do with Saints.

There are also reports that Juve are interested in Gaston. May come to nothing as Juve seem to like taking people on loan.

Juventus are on the lookout for new players once again after Alvaro Morata suffered a knee injury in training just a couple of days after signing from Real Madrid. Romelu Lukaku is understood to be a target, although Chelsea reportedly want €40million and Juve would prefer a loan deal. A number of other names have also been mentioned in La Gazzetta dello Sport, including Manchester United winger Nani, Xherdan Shaqiri of Bayern Munich and Southampton playmaker Gaston Ramirez.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

I promise that when (we) all hear something positive to celebrate, I will join in

It's simply that I don't consider losing Cortese, Poch and circa five players as something to be positive about

Obviously you do ?

I think it is great that Cortese has gone he was not good for the club especially the way staff and suppliers were treated

We have replaced Poch with probably a better manager who has a wide range of contacts more experience and speaks english.

We have replaced Lallana with an experienced and widely respected international who has proved to be a goal scorer and can last for the full ninety mins.

We have replaced Lambert who was beginning to fade as a stand out player by a proven goal scorer.

We got 30million for Shaw who has apparently never scored a goal or provided an assist but does have a lot of potential the highest fee for an 18 year old

We also have the stripes the stripes back and are beginning to get a new squad together so I think the future is pretty bright

talkSAINTS ‏@talkSAINTS 14m

La Gazzetta dello Sport have reported that Southampton are interested in Lazio midfielder Ogenyi Onazi. #Saintsfc

Isn't he the player who suffered that horror tackle from Matuidi (should have been a red) and got stretchered off?

Guess I´m the only one thinking we´re not that strong in midfield as most seem to think...

The trouble is there is a fine balance in stifling the huge potential of JWP and Reed. Ahead of them we already have Cork, Davis, Wanyama (+ Morgan). I am genuinely excited about Reed and confident we will see a much improved JWP this year as well.

Koeman has also asked fans to be patient as the club look to sign new players, after seeing defender Luke Shaw, midfielder Adam Lallana and striker Rickie Lambert all leave the club.

"We are working on it," he said. "Our job is to be prepared if someone leaves the club.

"The board knows we need new players. There is no need to hurry. We have a good squad but we would like better players to be competitive."

"The board knows we need new players. There is no need to hurry. We have a good squad but we would like better players to be competitive."

omg koeman thinks our current squad will be uncompetitive! Relegation Alert! Relegation Alert! Paging Dalek to main board pls!

Morgan is a fantastic player. However Cork is a very good player who could slot into Morgan's position if he leaves. Wanyama, Cork & one of Davis/JWP/Reed would still be a midfield three others would be envious of. All this is reliant on Cork signing a new contract though

I'm much more worried about the effect of Lovren leaving where we don't have anyone near his quality and the likes of Shaw where we only have an unproven academy player left to fill the void.

I happen to agree with alpine re Cork

He reminds me of many of our unsung heroes of the past Nick Holmes , Brian O'Neil the Barry hornes , Neil Maddison . Worked their socks off for the team .

With corky , you get more and he creates more opportunities

So good shout alpine

Guan said a few days ago that the board will approach all their targets at once, we know we have bid for Forster. And this happened at the same time as several new rumors popped up. Maybe things are just about to get going again, or is that being optimistic?

It seems some people on here have forgotten how **** we are when Morgan doesnt play. In fact our record without him in the team since promotion to the PL is dreadful. To say we would not need to replace Morgan from outside is absurd.

*calling Matthew Le Stats to isle 3*

It seems some people on here have forgotten how **** we are when Morgan doesnt play. In fact our record without him in the team since promotion to the PL is dreadful. To say we would not need to replace Morgan from outside is absurd.

Sorry, but I disagree. Our form in the first season back in the premier league improved when cork returned from injury, and our best runs of form last season were when we had wanyama, especially in terms of goals conceded.

Morgan is an excellent player no doubt, but I think we have enough options in midfield. I'd far rather we got a gk, dc (2 if / when lovren goes) a left back, a winger and a cf before looking at a replacement midfielder. If the funds allow a replacement then great, but the squad has bigger priorities IMHO.

Liverpool buy all our players and we buy all Feyenoords players seems to be the way we are going.

Cheap (ish) dutch talent + home grown english talent. Are we basically trying a dutch version of what Newcastle have done with the french?

Also every dutch player we go for will also be linked with Man Utd because of van Gaal.

With the number of staff at the club that have/are also left, it's not surprise we're not progressing with bringing in players. I have to wonder how many people are still involved or do we have to wait till they're replaced?

Guan said a few days ago that the board will approach all their targets at once, we know we have bid for Forster. And this happened at the same time as several new rumors popped up. Maybe things are just about to get going again, or is that being optimistic?

He was suggesting that we're leaking bits and pieces about 'lesser' targets and trying to get the big deals done in secret.

I'd have happily lost the players we have to get in Caulker, Forster, Redmond, Remy & Vlaar but feel will end up with none of them (and yes I know two have already been snapped up) - can't believe we couldn't match/beat QPR's poffer for Caulker but he may have wanted to return to London.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tuttomercatoweb.com%2Flazio%2F%3Faction%3Dread%26idnet%3DbGFsYXppb3NpYW1vbm9pLml0LTQ1ODM1&edit-text=&act=url

More on Onazi

Southampton and Sunderland on Onazi, but the Lazio shoots up

07/23/2014 12:13 by David Capogrossi for lalaziosiamonoi.it article read 638 times

Source: David Capogrossi - Lalaziosiamonoi.it

© photo by Federico De Luca

Onazi and a destiny called the Premier League. The Nigerian midfielder has features that blend well with the championship of the Queen. Liverpool and Everton follow him for some time, according to today's edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport also sought information on Southampton. The Saints have a hoard important after sales illustrious, according to reports gathered by our editorial staff also Sunderland you would be interested by the entourage of the player, but the demands of Lazio are adamant and would have frightened the club Poyet: for less than 10 million euro there is no margin for even a preliminary talk. The Nigerian will return Sunday from vacation after the labors of the World. His agent Jonathan Barnett is expected to be in Italy next week, a real guru in England. And 'the prosecutor Bale and Ashley Cole, among many, but the figures requested by Lotito at the moment it is difficult to find a buyer.

I'd have happily lost the players we have to get in Caulker, Forster, Redmond, Remy & Vlaar but feel will end up with none of them (and yes I know two have already been snapped up) - can't believe we couldn't match/beat QPR's poffer for Caulker but he may have wanted to return to London.

I'm not fussed on any of those to be honest, with the exception of Forster who I expect us to sign. We never wanted Caulker anyway, we weren't beaten to him.

He was suggesting that we're leaking bits and pieces about 'lesser' targets and trying to get the big deals done in secret.

I hope so, would be good to get a few more players in sooner rather than later... What concerns me slightly is the lack of news. But hopefully that's because they have been able to keep everything quiet.

Sorry, but I disagree. Our form in the first season back in the premier league improved when cork returned from injury, and our best runs of form last season were when we had wanyama, especially in terms of goals conceded.

Morgan is an excellent player no doubt, but I think we have enough options in midfield. I'd far rather we got a gk, dc (2 if / when lovren goes) a left back, a winger and a cf before looking at a replacement midfielder. If the funds allow a replacement then great, but the squad has bigger priorities IMHO.

Spot on.