Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Sorry, but I disagree. Our form in the first season back in the premier league improved when cork returned from injury, and our best runs of form last season were when we had wanyama, especially in terms of goals conceded.

Morgan is an excellent player no doubt, but I think we have enough options in midfield. I'd far rather we got a gk, dc (2 if / when lovren goes) a left back, a winger and a cf before looking at a replacement midfielder. If the funds allow a replacement then great, but the squad has bigger priorities IMHO.

But didn't Wanyama's injury show exactly why we need to retain Morgan? You need competition/top quality cover, not just cover.

I think it is great that Cortese has gone he was not good for the club especially the way staff and suppliers were treated

We have replaced Poch with probably a better manager who has a wide range of contacts more experience and speaks english.

We have replaced Lallana with an experienced and widely respected international who has proved to be a goal scorer and can last for the full ninety mins.

We have replaced Lambert who was beginning to fade as a stand out player by a proven goal scorer.

We got 30million for Shaw who has apparently never scored a goal or provided an assist but does have a lot of potential the highest fee for an 18 year old

We also have the stripes the stripes back and are beginning to get a new squad together so I think the future is pretty bright

How can we help but love you? Positivity seeping from every pore of your body puts most of us to shame even on a good news day.

I'd have happily lost the players we have to get in Caulker, Forster, Redmond, Remy & Vlaar but feel will end up with none of them (and yes I know two have already been snapped up) - can't believe we couldn't match/beat QPR's poffer for Caulker but he may have wanted to return to London.

Do you know that we wanted him? I thought that someone said that Koeman didn't fancy him.

I think it is great that Cortese has gone he was not good for the club especially the way staff and suppliers were treated

We have replaced Poch with probably a better manager who has a wide range of contacts more experience and speaks english.

We have replaced Lallana with an experienced and widely respected international who has proved to be a goal scorer and can last for the full ninety mins.

We have replaced Lambert who was beginning to fade as a stand out player by a proven goal scorer.

We got 30million for Shaw who has apparently never scored a goal or provided an assist but does have a lot of potential the highest fee for an 18 year old

We also have the stripes the stripes back and are beginning to get a new squad together so I think the future is pretty bright

I like this post. It's somewhat refreshing. Tampax would be a sponsor on this site.

Jack Cork's Dad on Twitter:

Very quiet at the Saints, wonder if Les has lost the safe key?

:lol:

Helpful. Trying to imagine what benefit I would get from my old man publicly whinging about my employer on social media. Or what other industry you'd get away with it.

I hope we sort out Cork's situation as well, but better men than I - and presumably Mr Cork Snr - are responsible for it.

With the number of staff at the club that have/are also left, it's not surprise we're not progressing with bringing in players. I have to wonder how many people are still involved or do we have to wait till they're replaced?

I thought that any signings before the next full moon would be catastrophic? No signings until around the 30th July I think you suggested? Has your faith in the moon & stars been shattered?

But didn't Wanyama's injury show exactly why we need to retain Morgan? You need competition/top quality cover, not just cover.

Well yes, but we're not a champions league side able to afford 22 top class players to give like for like cover. In midfield we have Davis, wanyama, cork, reed, ward-prowse, gaston, tadic, and even Flanagan who's played some of the friendlies.

Compare that to left back where we targett (never played) and Clyne (a right back)

Or the wings where we have tadic and three untried youngsters (McQueen, isgrove and Sinclair)

Or up front where we have a crocked j-rod, pelle (could be a bony, could be an altidore), mayuka (not good enough for a relegated french side), sharp (not good enough for a championship side) and Gallagher (looks promising, but nowhere near proven)

Or centre back where post lovren we have the own-goal machine jos, maya, Fonte and an untried youngster

Or in goal where we have boruc and two leaky buckets as back up.

Morgan is great, but there are much bigger priorities for the squad than replacing him. The standard of cover in midfield would be diminished but at least there is still cover unlike any other position in our squad apart from right back. And indeed, some of our positions don't even have a suitable standard first choice.

I can't understand why people still say they're disappointed we couldn't 'match' QPR's offer for Caulker (if we were even interested in him at all). QPR have a higher wage bill than Borussia Dortmund and I for one am happy we aren't matching any of their offers if that is the case, they pay way over the odds. How else would they get Loic Remy and Julio Cesar in the same team? Whilst Caulker had a good season i'm certain there are better centre halves available for what QPR probably are paying him.

If, as Koeman maintains, we haven't had bids for either Schneiderlin or Lovren, just what are people expecting right now?

Not only did we have to wait for the WC to end. We also have to wait until the PL big boys have shown their cards with formal bids. Not media speculation, not agent flame-fanning, not tweets from people who know SFA.

I have faith in the club and it wouldn't surprise me at all if there is indeed a "domino affect" waiting to happen, with multiple outgoings and incomings happening within the space of a few days.

I thought that any signings before the next full moon would be catastrophic? No signings until around the 30th July I think you suggested? Has your faith in the moon & stars been shattered?

To refresh you on my last ARTOVISION Update on the 18th July here is what I posted

ARTOVISION UPDATE 18/07/2014

Tadic and Pelle were both signed in time for the Full Moon on the 12th July. Currently is not an auspicious time for new signings. Whereas Saturn, which has been Retrograde since last December, turns direct on the 20th July, we do not have a New Moon until the 26th July. Saturn Retrograde, as previously mentioned is a time where things are slowed down, put on hold and milled over, ready to move forward once Saturn turns direct again. Woe betide for those who chose new projects, new ventures, signed new deals during the past 7 months. It just wasn't the right moment in time/

From the 20th July things that were held up, delayed since the end of last year will begin to move forward, especially if we've come to the correct conclusions, answers for obtaining success.

So for departures and signings the right time will be from the 26th of July and the New Moon.

Don't always be in such a rush. Patience and good timings reap just rewards.

The New Moon is in 3 days time on the 26th July and from then till the Full Moon on the 10th of August are very favorable and auspicious for signings, completing deals whether in or out.

However from the 10th of August till the next New Moon on the 25th of August will not be so good. Not to say we won't sign anyone in that time, just it'll not be too favorable for the long term success. Could see last minute signings or departures till the close of the Transfer Window.

Not in the least losing faith to date where signings, departures are concerned.

Take a look at Luke Shaw's interview today he looks like a rabbit in the headlights. He's going to have a tough time in the coming months signing for Man U when he did. As for Lallana, Pochettino, they are going to reap what they sowed.

To refresh you on my last ARTOVISION Update on the 18th July here is what I posted

ARTOVISION UPDATE 18/07/2014

Tadic and Pelle were both signed in time for the Full Moon on the 12th July. Currently is not an auspicious time for new signings. Whereas Saturn, which has been Retrograde since last December, turns direct on the 20th July, we do not have a New Moon until the 26th July. Saturn Retrograde, as previously mentioned is a time where things are slowed down, put on hold and milled over, ready to move forward once Saturn turns direct again. Woe betide for those who chose new projects, new ventures, signed new deals during the past 7 months. It just wasn't the right moment in time/

From the 20th July things that were held up, delayed since the end of last year will begin to move forward, especially if we've come to the correct conclusions, answers for obtaining success.

So for departures and signings the right time will be from the 26th of July and the New Moon.

Don't always be in such a rush. Patience and good timings reap just rewards.

The New Moon is in 3 days time on the 26th July and from then till the Full Moon on the 10th of August are very favorable and auspicious for signings, completing deals whether in or out.

However from the 10th of August till the next New Moon on the 25th of August will not be so good. Not to say we won't sign anyone in that time, just it'll not be too favorable for the long term success. Could see last minute signings or departures till the close of the Transfer Window.

Not in the least losing faith to date where signings, departures are concerned.

Take a look at Luke Shaw's interview today he looks like a rabbit in the headlights. He's going to have a tough time in the coming months signing for Man U when he did. As for Lallana, Pochettino, they are going to reap what they sowed.

5145095091_c611c9f28a_z.jpg

So Rojo could on his way and it's being mentioned in the Portuguese news papers that we intend to get Marcos Rojo from Sporting .

If we are looking fir players like thus then we are doing well

I remember "looking" at pictures of Raquel Welch in the 70s but I never ended up getting her, more's the pity!

With reference to Guan's latest post, I predict the following:

Incoming: Forster (gk) De Vrij (cb) Ings (Fw) Rojo (lb) with van dijk dependent on how capable Rojo is at covering for Cb

Outgoing: Lovren 20m

I will be one happy saints fan if the above happens before the shut of the window.

Incoming: Forster (gk) De Vrij (cb) Ings (Fw) Rojo (lb) with van dijk dependent on how capable Rojo is at covering for Cb

I will be one happy saints fan if the above happens before the shut of the window.

Me too, but I think I'd prefer Marshall or McCarthy to Forster.

Where is his latest post?

Where is his latest post?

Ings move is currently stalled, but we (the club i mean. Not me literally. I mean, sometimes friends and family will ask how saints performed over the weekend, and i will say "We won". They will immediately become apoplectic and throw my own boots at me (which, truth be told, I am too big for), and ask what the hell I am thinking, claiming to be some semi-demi player-cum-club representative, waggling my juicy morsels to all and sundry. I then explain that i am incorporating the individual strata the (fanbase, players, and board) in my description of the club as a collective. They then smile and agree it was obvious, as we bite off a foxes nose) are still positive.

The reason i asked for SW to give the board 2 weeks was very simple. On the day that I asked for a week, there were many on here saying we had gifted Tadic to Everton, and missed the boat on Pelle. Because i was still hearing positive noises, I thought we would still bring them to the club. A week later, both had signed, and Koeman's first press conference had calmed and impressed many.

I believe that in 2 weeks, we will have made some good signings, sold Lovren for an superb profit, and hopefully Morgan will be impressed enough by our new recruits to stick around.

Keep the faith. :)

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50966-INGS-a-possibility&p=1998473#post1998473

:toppa:

So our 'keeping anyone at all that have been seriously linked with a move' hopes now depend on Morgan. Poch, Lambert, Lallana, Shaw gone and now Lovren pretty much confirmed by Guan as going. Maybe Cork's contract discussions somehow depend on what schneiderlin does??

I think mainly I'm feeling down because I enjoyed watching Saints last year, lovely football at times and sometimes totally unplayable, even against the really 'big' teams. I'm sure the new guys will come in and be good but not being as clued up as many on the forum I don't know most of the people we're linked to. I just follow Saints.

My three-year-old daughter was, however very sad that Lallana left because she liked his name. She doesn't know the new players either but she did just inform me that Rojo is the name of the fire engine on Dora The Explorer.

See, I can't even join in the Jane Fonda discussion. Dora the bleddy Explorer. Depression looms.